Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger 10/22 or CZ 452

Options
  • 07-03-2018 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I am looking for a .22 rifle for target shooting a bit of plinking and some small game hunting i am looking for a fun gun what gun do you think i should get and what do you guys prefer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

The 452 will be a good bit more accurate for any amount of money invested and, as middling as its trigger is, it's still light years ahead of what's in the 10/22 as standard.

The 10/22 on the other hand will be (arguably) more fun, and has more accessory options than your average Harley! so you can build it up to be pretty much anything you want....

Bottom line, you can't really go wrong with either. Both great rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

You can't beat the sure crack with a semi auto just for the pure fun of
    it...
    ....... but having said that as a lad who started his shooting off on break action air rifle and onto a semi auto .22 as soon as I got my chance to buy my own rifle I opted for a .22 bolt action and haven't looked back since. Plenty of opportunity to put a semi in the gun safe but that itch was never scratched. If you want to chase accuracy then lots of money will be spent on either choice. But if you want minute of bunny and a accuracy that will make you smile both systems will be good if you buy well.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Hack12

Really depends on what you want to do as target shooting. If you want to shoot benchrest or prone go with the CZ but if you want to get into gallery rifle you will need a semi auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I have and use both the 10/22 and CZ 455.
    10/22 = 1600 + Euro fully customised. Gallery Rifle target shooting.
    CZ 455 = 700 Euro customised as much as can be. Pillor bedded and trigger sear etc. Benchrest shooting

CZ bolt will always give smaller groups, 10/22 is good for the rabbits (as is the CZ)
    But having said that some 10/22's can outbeat the CZ off the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

Nothing more frustrating than wondering why your not hitting small targets.
    I had both, and while the 10/22 was fun, the novelty wore off and it was never a tack driver like the cz. You will spend a 1000 go get a 10/22 close to a standard cz.

I have heard good reviews of the cz512, especially the magnum, same barrel as the cz455...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Substituted the 452 for a 10/22, no regrets. But both are great rifles. Probably prefer the 10/22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Had both, and while i am a huge ruger fan, having one of their no.1 falling blocks and a few of their revolvers, the 10/22T (target model) i had was a huge disappointment in the accuracy stakes.

Had a few cz bolt actions over the years and they were always tackdrivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Do you know what type of target shooting you want to do?

Advertisement