Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting loads of interviews but not a peep back.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Fozzydog3 wrote: »
    Volthar wrote: »
    Hey. If you have exp. working with Amadeus or any other GDS (native mode) Convergys in Santry are hiring for corporate travel roles.

Perfect I'll send them on my CV thanks for that.

If they do an employee referral bonus I can stick your name or email address down if you want ?
    Any luck with your application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I'm looking to change jobs myself OP and it's happened to me. I've had two interviews over the past few months from which I've failed to get any feedback. Both companies were Irish. The respective roles had three and four interview rounds, so I was in touch with both organisations for well over a month. Not sure how a simple, courteous email to an interviewee who has attended that number of interview rounds could become an issue. I turned down two roles (different organisations) in the same time frame. Both organisations seemed to think I was duty bound to partake in a conference call to explain my decision to them. On refusing to partake in the call, a manager from one of the organisations took it upon himself to try and contact me via his home landline late one evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

Well I got two job offers this week ! And waiting back from another place that seems promising.

Berserker: I know how annoying that feels especially if you put everything into your cover letter, but best of luck ! If potential employers are calling you off their home phone you must be doing something right (but it does sound strange).

Volthair i didnt apply for that if Im honest, it sounded too similiar to my previous role (turning down job openings the boom is back baby.)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Glad you finally are getting job offers!

Just want to add an extra query to this thread. One of the organisations I interviewed with came back to me with positive feedback last Tuesday morning and they asked me to provide them with the details of my references. They did not and have not offered me the role. I sent them over the details of my references and alerted my referees. They did not acknowledge receipt of the referees and they have not contacted any of the references as of c.o.b. today. Just wondering what people make of this? Given that they have asked for references, I would expect to hear back from them, even if the role has passed me by. If not how best should I proceed with this. I don't want to leave my referees hanging and risk damaging the good relationships that I have with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 southernsmile

It sounds like you are doing just about everything right which I know has to be frustrating when you do not get the job.  Do you practice answering common job interview questions (example: "Why should we hire you?" or "What is your greatest strength?")?  If you do not, it might be a good idea to research and formulate answers to these questions.  However, make sure they do not sound to rehearsed.  You want it to sound as natural as possible.  It is normal to get nervous but you can counter this by smiling and maybe even throwing in a joke about the dive you took to get to the interview, getting off on the wrong floor of the elevator, or something to lighten the mood.  The interviewers might be picking up on the fact that you are nervous but if you throw in some humor, it will help them as well as you relax.  Lastly, practice your interviews with a friend and get honest feedback from them on how you did.  This will probably help the most because you can learn what is working and what is not.

• Site Banned Posts: 20 Muff Richardson II

always follow up on the interview with an e mail to say thanks and give them a few points on how you would be suitable for the job ,

possibly the worst piece of advice I've ever heard for job application/interview techniques. Underhanded brown nosing one upmanship, exactly what nobody wants to work with. Instant disqualification no matter how well the interview went.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

possibly the worst piece of advice I've ever heard for job application/interview techniques. Underhanded brown nosing one upmanship, exactly what nobody wants to work with. Instant disqualification no matter how well the interview went.

I done this for the role I'm currently in, I guess interviewing is like dating there's not many steadfast rules.

Depends on the nature of the organisation. American firms love that kind of thing.

Advertisement