Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur vs Juventus, Last 16 2nd Leg, RTE2 & BT Sport 2 (k.o. 7.45)

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43325532
    Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini says he knew his team would beat Tottenham because Spurs "always miss something at the end".

I feel bad for Spurs, I really do , and Chiellini has a point here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭jiltloop

osarusan wrote: »
    I would call it a bottle job, to be honest.

I think this 'Juve lulled them into a false sense of security' or 'experience told in the end' is not what happened.

Spurs at 100% are a better side than Juve. But they stopped playing at 100%. With about half an hour to go, Spurs dropped the intensity and organisation enough that Juve were able to take advantage, which they did ruthlessly.

So, for me, Spurs are out by and large because of what they didn't do/stopped doing.

Not sure about the bottle job part personally but as a Spurs fan I agree with the rest of your comments, the reason we lost was because we stopped doing what was working, we allowed the intensity and tempo to lapse just enough for Juve to take advantage clinically. They should have known that Juve are precisely the kind of side that can and will take advantage like they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I would call it a bottle job, to be honest.

I think this 'Juve lulled them into a false sense of security' or 'experience told in the end' is not what happened.

Spurs at 100% are a better side than Juve. But they stopped playing at 100%. With about half an hour to go, Spurs dropped the intensity and organisation enough that Juve were able to take advantage, which they did ruthlessly.

So, for me, Spurs are out by and large because of what they didn't do/stopped doing.

If you genuinely believe Spurs are a 100% better team than Juve you either know zero about football or just listen to sky sports covering every premier league game and building up average players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

justshane wrote: »
    If you genuinely believe Spurs are a 100% better team than Juve you either know zero about football or just listen to sky sports covering every premier league game and building up average players.

Eh, i think you need to read my post again.

I didn't say they are '100% better', I said that when they play at 100%, they are a better team. In the final 30 minutes, they dropped below 100%, and Juve ruthlessly exploited that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Spurs are 20 points off top spot and 7 off second and went out of the CL before the QF. Haven't won a trophy under Poch.

Where this idea that they are a better side than Juve has come from is beyond me. They pass nicely sometimes I suppose and have won some nice fixtures against some big sides, but they are patently not better than Juve.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Eh, i think you need to read my post again.

I didn't say they are '100% better', I said that when they play at 100%, they are a better team. In the final 30 minutes, they dropped below 100%, and Juve ruthlessly exploited that.

If Spurs are at 100% and Juve 70% then you are right
    If you mean when both are at 100% then you are wrong
    Juve are better in more positions than Spurs
    With Kane and Higuain a draw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Spurs are 20 points off top spot and 7 off second and went out of the CL before the QF. Haven't won a trophy under Poch.

Where this idea that they are a better side than Juve has come from is beyond me. They pass nicely sometimes I suppose and have won some nice fixtures against some big sides, but they are patently not better than Juve.

they play in the premier league buddy, im nearly certain thats the logic some people use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

irishman86 wrote: »
    If Spurs are at 100% and Juve 70% then you are right
    If you mean when both are at 100% then you are wrong
    Juve are better in more positions than Spurs
    With Kane and Higuain a draw
    That's fair enough if you disagree. It's all about opinions anyway.

Just wanted to make sure my post wasn't being misread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

time to shut this one down

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement