Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gate help

Options
  • 07-03-2018 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,

Got a new FAAC panel replaced on my electric gate. Unfortunately you’ve to drive right up to the gate to get the remote to work.

I’m pressure sure it’s the sensor on the panel the picks up the signal not being exposed enough.

I’d the same issue in last board and gate guy just pulled out “this piece” further and it worked perfectly.

Anyone got advice/help on what I’ve to do?

I’ve attached photo of panel.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭breffnij

breffnij wrote: »
    Hi,

Got a new FAAC panel replaced on my electric gate. Unfortunately you’ve to drive right up to the gate to get the remote to work.

I’m pressure sure it’s the sensor on the panel the picks up the signal not being exposed enough.

I’d the same issue in last board and gate guy just pulled out “this piece” further and it worked perfectly.

Anyone got advice/help on what I’ve to do?

I’ve attached photo of panel.

Thanks

Picture below

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

The black sturdy looking cable coming downward and to the right of the control board is the antenna.

Bend that upright and that should improve the range some bit, just test it with your remote in your hand, before and after you adjust the antenna.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭breffnij

Super, thanks. I’d a feeling it was that but when I was going to move it, it felt like it was about to snap off so I left it!

Will try when home.

Should I remove some of the casing to expose the wire more?

When you are adjusting it make sure and support it at the end that is soldered to the radio card, you don't want to damage that.

No issues with the housing as it is plastic, if it was metal you would have had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I could be wrong, but on some of the FAAC fob controllers isn't there a dip switch that increases range, but at the expense of battery life?

• Advertisement

Effects wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but on some of the FAAC fob controllers isn't there a dip switch that increases range, but at the expense of battery life?

That is the first i heard of that on a gate remote.
    Eitherway the antenna as in the picture above is at the wrong angle so coverage is compromised.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I'm thinking of a FAAC TM 433 and haven't programmed one in ten years so I'm probably mixing it up with something else.

Advertisement