Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My credit card was used to pay for someone's online motor tax

Options
  • 07-03-2018 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Could anyone tell me if i rang motor tax office in morning could they trace my credit card details and stop the discs from goin out as it was just hacked today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Deb81 wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me if i rang motor tax office in morning could they trace my credit card details and stop the discs from goin out as it was just hacked today

Go to the cops tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Email and ring them but hopefully if bank decline payment fast enough it won't go through anyway.

Due to data protection you won't receive any info.

Have you reported to bank and they will sort from there about money being returned to bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Deb81,

Thanks for your post.

If your Credit Card details have been used fraudulently please call our Card Security team as soon as possible on (01) 6798993 and they will block your card from any further transactions and can request the funds to be refunded.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement