Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mysterious Flight out of Dublin during snow

Options
  • 07-03-2018 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

On Friday morning, 2nd March 2018, during the bad snow that shut down Dublin airport completely, at about 7.30am a flight took off from Dublin Airport. I live under the Flight path and heard it ascending over Co Meath heading east. numerous people heard it also.

Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The Bin Ladens?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SkyEagle

hi Fann

No. Think something completely different. An unmarked private jet landed in Dublin last Tues before the snow, and taxied to the old North terminal where a DAA car was waiting for it.

This white unmarked jet came from RAF Brize Norton base in UK and landed in Dublin at approx 13hr30.

Fann: Curious: Why did u answer with ‘the Bin Ladens’ a few seconds after my initial post? Why go that route?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

SkyEagle wrote: »
    Fann: Curious: Why did u answer with ‘the Bin Ladens’ a few seconds after my initial post? Why go that route?
    Isn't there a theory that Bin Laden's family were secretly flown out of the US after all flights were grounded?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Wheety wrote: »
    Isn't there a theory that Bin Laden's family were secretly flown out of the US after all flights were grounded?

That was a fact not a theory. The Saudi govt pressured the US to allow the flights out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

That's not a theory, it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Michael Lynn flew in from South America on Friday to stand trial after being extradited from Brazil.

I thought it wouldn't happen with all the snow but sure enough he appeared in Court that afternoon.

Clearly John McClane managed to foil Colonel Stuart's plan to free him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No, it was George Bush's mates: http://archive.democrats.com/view.cfm?id=14289

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

So was it taking off or landing?
    Was it 7.30 or 13:30?
    If you were in Meath then how did you see the DAA car?
    Who are the mysterious others who heard the plane?
    How do you know it was from RAF Brize Norton a few minutes after you didn’t have a clue where it came from?
    How do you know it was unmarked from a snowy Meath?

I’m sure I could think of more questions from your first 2 posts. Too many contradictions.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

In the hours & days after the 9/11 attacks, the only non military flights in U.S. airspace were a fleet of private jets getting the Bin Laden family out of America.

You’d think they might want to question the family members of the prime suspect, rather than let them all leave, but yeah, Saudi Arabia & Oil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Sorry if I've derailed your thread, but I was just having a laugh.

Hang on everyone, just shush for a min.... you’re talking about the BLs been flown secretly out of the US. I’m talking about a flight that left Dublin Airport, IRELAND, on Fri 2nd Mar, while the airport was on a 2 day shut down because of snow. Numerous people heard the flight depart, the skies and roads were silent for two days. We all heard a flight depart on the Friday morning. Dublin shut down from Wed nite to Sat morning b/c of snow. Why then did a flight take off from Dublin airport on the Fri morning ?

The airport itself was open for operations pretty much throughout the storm period, bar the really bad periods. It was only airlines that were cancelling flights, so perhaps it was another airline, or one of the courier companies?

no. All public service departments in Ireland were
    shut down last Thurs and Fri. No courts or Gov depts were working. Seriously, what country are you talking about because it’s not Ireland. Nothing moved, worked, or sounded between last Wed afternoon and Sat morning

shut down last Thurs and Fri. No courts or Gov depts were working. Seriously, what country are you talking about because it’s not Ireland. Nothing moved, worked, or sounded between last Wed afternoon and Sat morning

Obviously not though if you heard a plane taking off on Friday morning!

Hi Tao

I paid for the app Flight Radar. It tracks all flights, even as they land and taxi. It can also see DAA (Dublin Airport Authority) cars airside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Hi Tao

I paid for the app Flight Radar. It tracks all flights, even as they land and taxi. It can also see DAA (Dublin Airport Authority) cars airside.

Cool. Didn’t realise the additional features. I’ve only ever used the freebie. They should advertise it more.

The Michael Lynn story does make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭the14thwarrior

i think it was Jim Galvin. bringing cows over to africa and needed to be back in a hurry to watch Dublin beat Kerry.
    just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Michael Lynn was, as stated, flown in and taken to court during your time period there - Thursday specifically so it isn't your Friday flight but it does show that your blanket statement is incorrect.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/michael-lynn-refused-bail-after-extradition-from-brazil-1.3412175

The airport was open when possible during that time period. Not every flight shows on FR24 due to not every aircraft having the right transponders and the MLAT coverage for older craft is patchy, very poor to non existent below certain heights and degrades rapidly if any FR24 receivers nearby are offline.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Lynn's flight arrived on from Frankfut on Thursday at 13:30, so it wasn't him. But seeing at the airport wasn't actually closed, it could have been anyone.

OP, why didn't you just use on FR24 to see what the flight was?

• Advertisement

Hi Fann

I’m not in the US. And yes I lost someone in the North Tower. So don’t talk about the Towers.

I’m in IRELAND, and a plane took off on Fri while Dublin Airport was SHUT down:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Hi Fann

I’m not in the US. And yes I lost someone in the North Tower. So don’t talk about the Towers.

No it wasn't. As you've been told more than once.

Commercial airlines suspended operations. The airport didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Hang on everyone, just shush for a min.... you’re talking about the BLs been flown secretly out of the US. I’m talking about a flight that left Dublin Airport, IRELAND, on Fri 2nd Mar, while the airport was on a 2 day shut down because of snow. Numerous people heard the flight depart, the skies and roads were silent for two days. We all heard a flight depart on the Friday morning. Dublin shut down from Wed nite to Sat morning b/c of snow. Why then did a flight take off from Dublin airport on the Fri morning ?
    I saw a heavy climbing out of Dublin about 5pm on thursday. Which was 1 hour after the 4pm stay indoors red zone palaver from the govt. I presumed it was the last of the US flights getting away before Emma came in. And it banked quickly over North Dublin, which does not seem to be a usual route. But would avoid the storm. So Dublin was operating to some extent even during the red zone.

In terms of private jets wasn't someone like Wilbur Ross stuck here because of the snow.

As an aside I was passed by a substantial motorcade around trinity on Monday night. Similar to something Merkel or that level would have. Multiple vehicles. Not just the President or Taoiseach moving around.But can't find anything online about a high profile visit to Dublin on Monday unofficial or otherwise.

my cousin is a captain in an Irish airline. Dublin airport shut down. All operations suspended. People were sent home and given 2 days off cos no roads accessible and all Irish public transport shut off on Thurs and Fri. Dublin Airport was NOT in operation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Maybe twas Conor McGregor shooting him new Burger King advert

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

......I paid for the app Flight Radar. It tracks all flights, even as they land and taxi. It can also see DAA (Dublin Airport Authority) cars airside.
    FR24 is a commercial app, any issues with it lack of overage over certain flights then talk to them as it DOES NOT track all flights

Dublin Airport was open, airlines cancelled flights due inability of staff and passenger to get to the airport.
    I saw a heavy climbing out of Dublin about 5pm on thursday. Which was 1 hour after the 4pm stay indoors red zone palaver from the govt. I presumed it was the last of the US flights getting away before Emma came in. .............
    It was.

The airlines cancelled flights on Friday and Saturday, then why did I see an Aer Lingus flight on FR24 before dawn on Saturday.
    Maybe the airlines cloud seeded to get snow so they could lose millions in copensation just to get that "mystery flight" out?

P.S. 'the Towers' can be referred to here, everyone in aviation at the time lost people on that day. It changed their world

my cousin is a captain in an Irish airline. Dublin airport shut down. All operations suspended. People were sent home and given 2 days off cos no roads accessible and all Irish public transport shut off on Thurs and Fri. Dublin Airport was NOT in operation

Your cousins airline stopped operations.

The airport did not.

Some airlines and public transport resumed operations on Friday. You are grossly misinformed.

If you aren't willing to accept this there really isn't any point to this thread. There is nothing mysterious about an aircraft using an open airport.

Post constructively or the thread is locked.

In terms of the 2 largest Irish airlines, their ops out of Dublin shut down. The airport remained open for business (and flights).

But hey, I hope you find the mystery flight. peace out dude, because I’m out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Maybe it was someone running a false flag operation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement