Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever made a citizens arrest?

• 08-03-2018 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Its an interesting thing, I've never seen or heard of anyone doing it in the country.

Besides me.

I was walking through a post office when 43 bad guys pulled their wigs off, armed to the teeth with shotguns and chainsaws. One of the grannies had a conniption of the heart and that's when I knew I needed to do something. And quick.

I punched the nearest baddie so hard, it knocked out the other 42 baddies and the seismic shock un-connipted the granny back to life.

Any other heroes out there, or must I stand alone against the filth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I sharted and gave them what they wanted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I can't imagine performing a citizens arrest on someone.

"You're under arrest"

"Wha?"

"You don't have to say anything, but..."

"fuck off"

"Anything you do say will be..."

"The fuck is wrong with you?"

"I'm trying to tell you your rights, please stop interrupting, this is important."

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

drillyeye wrote: »
    Its an interesting thing, I've never seen or heard of anyone doing it in the country.

Besides me.

I was walking through a post office when 43 bad guys pulled their wigs off, armed to the teeth with shotguns and chainsaws. One of the grannies had a conniption of the heart and that's when I knew I needed to do something. And quick.

I punched the nearest baddie so hard, it knocked out the other 42 baddies and the seismic shock un-connipted the granny back to life.

I once remonstrated with a man who was smoking in a restricted area. Another time I filed a police report on a woman who wore horrible make-up. Do they count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

edhZUPV.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

nally.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Remember years ago some eejit in Kilkenny tried to do a "citizens arrest", thought he was MacGuver as some young lad robbed a bottle of spirirts. Said eejit got beaten up.

Moral is.
    Dont try to be a hero over some trivial crap like a bottle of booze stolen from some multi billion euro supermaket chain

A bruised ego heals quicker than a shattered jaw.

Plus think the shop cares?. Do they phuck!.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭drillyeye

I sharted and gave them what they wanted

YES......they are a conniving bunch, these devilish shart-feeders.....BUT.....if we can use their desires against them, my Boy-Wonder.....THEN.....they will feel the hot, slurry of justice....

Lets move!

300?cb=20150822040105

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

One question I'd like to ask....

"You have the right to remain silent."
    "Do you wish to retain that right"??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    One question I'd like to ask....

"You have the right to remain silent."
    "Do you wish to retain that right"??

Shhhh.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭drillyeye

Remember years ago some eejit in Kilkenny tried to do a "citizens arrest", thought he was MacGuver as some young lad robbed a bottle of spirirts. Said eejit got beaten up.

Moral is.
    Dont try to be a hero over some trivial crap like a bottle of booze stolen from some multi billion euro supermaket chain

A bruised ego heals quicker than a shattered jaw.

Plus think the shop cares?. Do they phuck!.

COWARDICE.......and denial......the true enemy of all crime fighters.....HOWEVER....we who believe in justice need no thanks......sleep in peace fellow citizen.....for while our blood runs hot, criminals will pay their price to lady Law......

Lets move!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Girl tied to arrest Tony Blair in Eason's in Dublin back in 2010.

It doesn't show the attempted citizen's arrest but it was shown on RTE News.

It was a cringeyworthy as you can imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Isn't any security officer holding a shop lifter a citizens arrest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Besides me.

It's 00.31...go to bed your drunk.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

cajonlardo wrote: »
    Isn't any security officer holding a shop lifter a citizens arrest?

No they're not. You can also leave a shop and they can't physically restrain you. If they do then its assault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Grateful Dread

Remember when a few idiots tried to make a citizen's arrest on Tony Blair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Creative83

Remember when a few idiots tried to make a citizen's arrest on Tony Blair.

Gotta love SJWs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'd be like the security guard in Point Break "don't do it man!" :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbysyZpt30A&t=2m20s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Heard recently that you can only perform a citizen's arrest for an offence that is arrestable. Makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I only citizen's arrest people much smaller than me.
    Then I let them go after 5 mins if they give me a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I've seen someone try to do it before and he was swiftly told to **** off. He then tried to hold the person and was promptly shoved onto his arse. That was the end of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement