Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank of Ireland Debit Card Cash-back

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

frash wrote: »
    Use your BOI debit card and get cash back:

10 back on over 50 in SuperValu
    5 back on over 40 in Topaz

Other offers from McCabe's chemist, Mothercare, Dorothy Perkins, MyTaxi, Shaws, Elvery's, Debenhams among others

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/current-accounts/live-life-rewards/cashback-as-you-shop/

Excellent, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Where do you find out about amounts you'll receive if you do purchase?
    When I click it says this site is not safe and that passwords etc will not be secure. Anyone else getting that?

Where do you find out about amounts you'll receive if you do purchase?
    When I click it says this site is not safe and that passwords etc will not be secure. Anyone else getting that?

No I just went to bank of Ireland website, not the link above. Searched rewards, click Live Life Rewards, registered no problem.

Link above looks fine btw, just prefer to go in myself via the front page.......no offence OP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

-We'll show you relevant cashback offers based on where you spend using your registered card
    -To redeem an offer, simply make a qualifying purchase with an identified retailer
    -We'll pay cashback onto your Visa card, typically within five business days

I know my local Supervalu have the BoI 10 off 50 advertised instore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

Where do you find out about amounts you'll receive if you do purchase? When I click it says this site is not safe and that passwords etc will not be secure. Anyone else getting that?

No I just set mine up there and no such messages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

Hoboo wrote: »
    no offence OP

none taken ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Other offers from McCabe's chemist, Mothercare, Dorothy Perkins, MyTaxi, Shaws, Elvery's, Debenhams among others

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/current-accounts/live-life-rewards/cashback-as-you-shop/

Is that Supervalu offer every week or just for a particular week?

https://irishtechnews.ie/visa-and-bank-of-ireland-launch-live-life-rewards/
    Ger Thompson, Head of Current Accounts, Bank of Ireland added:

“Live Life Rewards is the latest example of how Bank of Ireland is delivering value to our customers, with shoppers able to avail of a range of great deals from leading retailers all over Ireland. For customers there is no need for vouchers or promo codes, simply sign up and start earning cashback directly back into your current account. We are delighted to have renowned house hold names on board such as Topaz and Mothercare with exclusive offers like this week’s €10 cashback on a €50 spend in SuperValu.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

jay0109 wrote: »
    Is that Supervalu offer every week or just for a particular week?

available until 22/3/2018

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

I get the hibigeebies when I see a link to a banking site on a forum requesting credit card details :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Nice OP!

• Advertisement

supervalu :

a couple of ranges of 6 bottles of wine for €50 - but €40 with this. nice one.

alternatively, 8 free cans of guinness with every €50 spend (8 cans are €10)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

ablelocks wrote: »
    supervalu :

a couple of ranges of 6 bottles of wine for €50 - but €40 with this. nice one.

alternatively, 8 free cans of guinness with every €50 spend (8 cans are €10)

I think you can only claim it once - so it's off your first €50 spend, and not every €50 spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ah feck just filled car up in Topaz and used Visa Debit to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭muckbrien

Thanks op

Do you get any notification before the cash back arrives?

I did svalu and topaz but don't see any email or anything on the account?

muckbrien wrote: »
    Thanks op

Do you get any notification before the cash back arrives?

I did svalu and topaz but don't see any email or anything on the account?

Says it takes up to 5 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

sugarman wrote: »
    Is there a full list of offers anywhere or am I blind? :o

Yes - when you login to the site you signed up to, there should be a list of all offers there.

I think you can only claim it once - so it's off your first €50 spend, and not every €50 spend

sorry, should have said - i've registered 2 seperate cards...

Says it takes up to 5 days

Ok
    There doesn't seem to be any notification from BOI before the cash back though?

To confirm the purchase

Ok

To confirm the purchase

Haven't bought anything yet but theres a section 'offer history', guessing its there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

Haven't bought anything yet but theres a section 'offer history', guessing its there.
    Ok

To confirm the purchase

If you go into My Account in the system, there's a Manage Notifications section under that which includes an option for "Send me emails about the offers I've redeemed for Live Life Rewards" which is disabled by default - if you enable that it might give you what you're looking for? Though no idea how prompt it might be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

25% back with my taxi.

Used it from the airport today.

Let's see do I get anything back.

cython wrote: »
    If you go into My Account in the system, there's a Manage Notifications section under that which includes an option for "Send me emails about the offers I've redeemed for Live Life Rewards" which is disabled by default - if you enable that it might give you what you're looking for? Though no idea how prompt it might be.

Nothing showing I'll wait and see

Bank of Ireland wouldn't be known for efficiency at the weekend if the mobile app is anything to go by

Just got an email to say I'll be getting 10 back from Thursdays purchase

Now if.only I hadn't gone down to topaz and.paid 40 cash by mistake

seems better than the aib one which is crap.
    although sometimes they are good on the intro offers then it's all crap expensive niche shops with 3% off or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

For awareness only, the privacy policy and terms and conditions associated with this one are quite intrusive. 18 months transactions history passed to third parties for mining and location data (if allowed). I'd signed up before settling in to read the details and noticed there's no opt-out or withdraw consent features either. The privacy policy directs to the terms and conditions and they point back to the privacy policy.

For me, the data collection and mining which isn't anonymous as far as I can tell, isn't worth the vouchers. Others will care less and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SeosamhOC

Great. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Tazium wrote: »
    For awareness only, the privacy policy and terms and conditions associated with this one are quite intrusive. 18 months transactions history passed to third parties for mining and location data (if allowed). I'd signed up before settling in to read the details and noticed there's no opt-out or withdraw consent features either. The privacy policy directs to the terms and conditions and they point back to the privacy policy.

For me, the data collection and mining which isn't anonymous as far as I can tell, isn't worth the vouchers. Others will care less and enjoy.
    Exactly, there's no way I would do this no matter the savings, long term its far too much info to allow companies to profile you so when e.g. you take out life assurance policies they'll jack up the price based on what you eat/drink, same for insurance companies for frequency of alcohol consumption etc.
    Couple it with FB info/Google info and there's not much that they won't know.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Exactly, there's no way I would do this no matter the savings, long term its far too much info to allow companies to profile you so when e.g. you take out life assurance policies they'll jack up the price based on what you eat/drink, same for insurance companies for frequency of alcohol consumption etc.
    Couple it with FB info/Google info and there's not much that they won't know.

Buy much tinfoil yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Buy much tinfoil yourself?
    10 rolls, made sure to get it in lidl weekend offer, half price

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Will Bank of Ireland or Visa share my information and/or my purchase habits with third parties?

Only Bank of Ireland, Visa, retailers (see below) and their subcontractors have access to your data for the purposes of Live Life Rewards and as described in the Privacy Policy. It is not shared with any other third parties.

I checked it out for my own information and peace of mind. Seems fine to me. There is the Privacy Policy if you wanted to read that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I had posted this in the AIB thread in error

My Bank of Ireland Visa is showing a €10 off €25 spend at Circle K (Topaz) valid until 29 September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

CH3OH wrote: »
    I had posted this in the AIB thread in error

My Bank of Ireland Visa is showing a €10 off €25 spend at Circle K (Topaz) valid until 29 September

Good offer, not showing in mine unfortunately.

Out of curiosity, did you make use of any of the previous Circle K offers? I didn't so wondering if that's why I don't have this one, targeted audience etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭AhrSkidar

I think I have used all the Topaz/Circle K offers to date and I did receive this €10 off €25 offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

stdidit wrote: »
    Good offer, not showing in mine unfortunately.

Out of curiosity, did you make use of any of the previous Circle K offers? I didn't so wondering if that's why I don't have this one, targeted audience etc..

I forgot to use the last offer for circle K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yep, I've used the Circle K offers, and Topaz prior to that. I had to read this one twice as €10 back on a €25 spend sounded too good to be true at first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭avud

Just a general query, I tried to use the discount at a Circle K premises listed on the participating selection. I was informed that even thought it has circle k pumps it is owned by londis and I couldn’t avail of the offer. Does anybody know if this is correct ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Didn't get the circle k offer either, I used the previous €5 cash back so I presume that's why...
    Have to say looking at the AIB cashback thread it looks way better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

avud wrote: »
    Just a general query, I tried to use the discount at a Circle K premises listed on the participating selection. I was informed that even thought it has circle k pumps it is owned by londis and I couldn’t avail of the offer. Does anybody know if this is correct ?

On the offer page it gives a map with all the stations on it.

Stoolbend wrote: »
    On the offer page it gives a map with all the stations on it.

Yes and this was one from the list , staff didn’t seem aware of the offer obviously management either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

Yes and this was one from the list , staff didn’t seem aware of the offer obviously management either

Seeing as this is all handled on the bank side with visa and maybe Topaz head office, why would you expect the staff to know about an offer that only some customers of a particular bank get?? Not like they will reimburse you your tenner from the till after all.

cython wrote: »
    Seeing as this is all handled on the bank side with visa and maybe Topaz head office, why would you expect the staff to know about an offer that only some customers of a particular bank get?? Not like they will reimburse you your tenner from the till after all.

I’ve never used this promo before so I’m unsure who does the reimbursement, thought staff in participating stations would be aware of this even to answer questions regarding it. Might drop a mail to BOI for clarification

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Diego Murphy

I’ve never used this promo before so I’m unsure who does the reimbursement, thought staff in participating stations would be aware of this

Staff in my local Circle K are barely aware of the customers in the shop :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

I bought diesel today in a Topaz & used my debit card.
    Will I get the €10? I saw a sign outside the shop saying Circle K but it was a Topaz garage..

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Diego Murphy

I bought diesel today in a Topaz & used my debit card.
    Will I get the €10? I saw a sign outside the shop saying Circle K but it was a Topaz garage..

You should get the tenner back into your account within 5 working days. I'd imagine you'll see it as a cashback credit of some sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've redeemed 3 of these offers already in the last few months and got the €10 one earlier tonight.

It's BOI that issues the reimbursement a few days after the full payment goes through so filling station staff wouldn't be aware or need to be. You can also log into the Rewards site and will get a notification when the reimbursement is being processed. And once the station is on the site list then it should not matter what name is over the premises door. All Topaz filling stations became Circle K but not all stations have been refitted out with the new branding yet. Your till receipt will probably have Circle K on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

15% back on your next m&m direct online order from today till oct 1st ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 wertyu12

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    15% back on your next m&m direct online order from today till oct 1st ;)

Do you just buy from site with your card and it's automatically reimbursed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

wertyu12 wrote: »
    Do you just buy from site with your card and it's automatically reimbursed?

Yes, but it takes a few days to get processed.

Also, make sure and login to the rewards site and check if the offer is available to you as different people have different offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

registered but no offers available?

• Advertisement
Advertisement