Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portrane

Options
  • 08-03-2018 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have to get to here in the middle of a week workday. I need to get to the center of the village. Last time I tried this journey the bus only went to the hospital and back.

DB and my lack of knowledge of the area means that I can't tell which bus I would have to get, can anyone tell me which bus, preferably passing through Drumcondra or out of town will bring me to the "village"?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bredabe wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have to get to here in the middle of a week workday. I need to get to the center of the village. Last time I tried this journey the bus only went to the hospital and back.

DB and my lack of knowledge of the area means that I can't tell which bus I would have to get, can anyone tell me which bus, preferably passing through Drumcondra or out of town will bring me to the "village"?

41 to Swords, the 33b

Check the Dublin Bus Website, it should give you easy instructions from stop to stop

There isnt really a village in Portrane though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Are you sure you're not thinking of Donabate village?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

If it’s Donabate Village another option wold be to get the train from Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Yeah, there's not much of a village in Portrane, there's Grogans shop, Pipers chippy and The Brook Pub but that's about it.

Coming from town, you really would be best off getting the train to Donabate and you could catch the 33b in the village to get out to Portrane?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

the bus only went to the hospital ..
    As has been said, there's no village in Portrane and the hospital is the biggest thing there by a long way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Sleepy wrote: »
    Yeah, there's not much of a village in Portrane, there's Grogans shop, Pipers chippy and The Brook Pub but that's about it.

Coming from town, you really would be best off getting the train to Donabate and you could catch the 33b in the village to get out to Portrane?
    Does that bus still go through Swords?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

As has been said, there's no village in Portrane and the hospital is the biggest thing there by a long way.

Where I need to go is in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Does that bus still go through Swords?
    Some services begin/end in Swords while others begin/end in city centre. Check DB timetable for 33B.

Advertisement