Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhouse work in Cork

Options
  • 08-03-2018 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm searching for a warehouse job as a forklift driver.

Besides the obvious searching jobs sites, does anyone have any insight on if there is a better way to go around getting a job like this? Is there a particularly good agency?

I'm currently working in a warehouse picking, but have my forklift license and all other certs up to date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

PE Global and Logiskills would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

CPL as well. They have contracts for a lot of the pharmaceutical companies here in Cork. What kind of forklift licence do you have? Counterbalance would be more useful than reach.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Lots of warehouses in Little Island, try calling to some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

Hope you put more effort into forklift driving then you do into thread titles OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

CPL as well. They have contracts for a lot of the pharmaceutical companies here in Cork. What kind of forklift licence do you have? Counterbalance would be more useful than reach.

Dunno about that. Every Tom, Dick and Harry has a counter balance license. Not as many have a reach one. Warehousing typically involves racking which needs a reach truck driver. I have both and out of about 6 forklift drivers only 2 of us have a reach license. Any work as a forklift driver in a pharma company for example will be reach truck driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Heckler wrote: »
    Dunno about that. Every Tom, Dick and Harry has a counter balance license. Not as many have a reach one. Warehousing typically involves racking which needs a reach truck driver. I have both and out of about 6 forklift drivers only 2 of us have a reach license. Any work as a forklift driver in a pharma company for example will be reach truck driving.

Wrong. My husband works for a pharmaceutical company too. He has reach but doesn't use it. He uses counterbalance or man up. His last job used counterbalance too. When he was looking for work, the first thing firms would ask was if he had counterbalance.

Advertisement