Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I love Spring!

• 08-03-2018 12:05pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Although I love Autumn and Winter, there is a very distinct and special feel about Spring too. The lengthening hours of daylight, the appearance of daffodils here and there, a few sunny, crisp days, the first day you can take your jacket off outdoors without dying of hypothermia...it all gives hope that the winter is not eternal :)

What do you enjoy about springtime?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Birdsong. The spring smell in the air. Bluebells. Little creatures coming out of hibernation again. And Easter eggs. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Mmm the smell of the first cut grass of the season is usually very potent and lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My first poignant spring on the island and after the terrible place I was in this time last year, peace. Daisies in the field.....Ocean all around .. daffodlls discovered when I start to clear the wilderness ...Looking forward to the seals returning from the deep waters, puffins nesting... ay me! I do to deserve all this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

When you wake up early and it's bright out and also not having to wear a heavy coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

And today on the ferry coming home,as I was asking when the seals would be returning from their winter deep water fishing grounds, the ferryman pointed to
    whiskery head near the boat, watching and following us. The season is turning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Strawberries are in season. Got some on Saturday and they were lovely and fresh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Valerie Matthews

Trees in blossom

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I might be a touch early here but there are some daffodils near the house and on my walk to the bus stop that have been slowly blooming this week - can't wait to see the yellow heads when they are fully blooming!

Advertisement