Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kent Station-parking

Options
  • 08-03-2018 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭

I need to get a train from Kent Station one day next week (1.25pm to Dublin).

What's the parking situation like there at that time? I normally use Mallow or Limerick Junction and never have any bother getting a space. I'm sure the city is different!

I have an APCOA account so I know I can pay for it with that but is there a good chance that there will be spaces available at that time?

I don't want to give APCOA money in advance for something that might not be there when I go in!

Any info appreciated! Thanks!

Alternatively, what's it like at Glounthaune / Little Island stations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭thomil

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I need to get a train from Kent Station one day next week (1.25pm to Dublin).

What's the parking situation like there at that time? I normally use Mallow or Limerick Junction and never have any bother getting a space. I'm sure the city is different!

I have an APCOA account so I know I can pay for it with that but is there a good chance that there will be spaces available at that time?

I don't want to give APCOA money in advance for something that might not be there when I go in!

Any info appreciated! Thanks!

Alternatively, what's it like at Glounthaune / Little Island stations?

The new entrance on Horgan’s Quay has a pretty large parking lot next to it. I haven’t seen it too full yet.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

thomil wrote: »
    The new entrance on Horgan’s Quay has a pretty large parking lot next to it. I haven’t seen it too full yet.

Great, thanks. I've seen that car park entrance when driving into the city and wondered what it was for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

Whats the best way to approach the car park if coming from the City? From McCurtain street for example? Is it safe to leave a car there for a weekend (Fri-Sun), is there a weekend rate?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

RINO87 wrote: »
    Whats the best way to approach the car park if coming from the City? From McCurtain street for example? Is it safe to leave a car there for a weekend (Fri-Sun), is there a weekend rate?

Thanks

There's a flat daily rate of €8.50 on the APCOA app. It doesn't matter which days.

If you're coming from McCurtain street drive as far as where you see the railway overpass on the lower Glanmire road, turn right there and go around the Quays.

Still have to park up there overnight this week so I hope its safe! I've left my car overnight (Sometimes for more than a week) in Limerick Junction/ Mallow train stations in the past also Luas Park and Rides at Cheeverstown & Red Cow and my car's always been OK!

Advertisement