Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy

Options
  • 08-03-2018 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey,

Just looking for some advice please.
    I've just found out I am 4 weeks 1 day pregnant. Absolutely delighted after 8 years trying to conceive and also having an ectopic pregnancy last year.
    I had my beta hcg levels checked on 3 weeks 6 days and my 1st one came back 244. 48 hours later I had to repeat same and these have come back 948, So obviously more than doubled. Is this a good result for my stage in pregnancy.
    I have been getting a burning pain in my shoulder blade for nearly 2 weeks, bearing in mind im 5 weeks after having a cyst removal and normally get this sort of pain just before my cycle every month.
    I have spoken to my epu unit and they cannot scan me until I am 5 1/2 weeks, 6.
    I'm really scared that this could be another ectopic pregnancy. I didn't have this type of pain last year.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Elaine22 wrote: »
    Hey,

Just looking for some advice please.
    I've just found out I am 4 weeks 1 day pregnant. Absolutely delighted after 8 years trying to conceive and also having an ectopic pregnancy last year.
    I had my beta hcg levels checked on 3 weeks 6 days and my 1st one came back 244. 48 hours later I had to repeat same and these have come back 948, So obviously more than doubled. Is this a good result for my stage in pregnancy.
    I have been getting a burning pain in my shoulder blade for nearly 2 weeks, bearing in mind im 5 weeks after having a cyst removal and normally get this sort of pain just before my cycle every month.
    I have spoken to my epu unit and they cannot scan me until I am 5 1/2 weeks, 6.
    I'm really scared that this could be another ectopic pregnancy. I didn't have this type of pain last year.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 😊

hi, you'd be better off posting in the pregnancy section. but even at that, I'm not sure the granting of medical advice would be permitted, you prob would be better off attending your gp. the very best of luck with your pregnancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Elaine22

hi, you'd be better off posting in the pregnancy section. but even at that, I'm not sure the granting of medical advice would be permitted, you prob would be better off attending your gp. the very best of luck with your pregnancy!

Hi

I have tried to post in the pregnancy section but won't let me post. Not giving me option to create new thread.

Advertisement