Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes recycling in Sligo?

Options
  • 08-03-2018 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey all. I have some clothes that need throwing out, they're not in a decent enough state for a charity shop, but I don't want to just bin them and them end up in a landfill. Is there anywhere in Sligo that disposes of clothes in an environmentally-friendly manner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Hey all. I have some clothes that need throwing out, they're not in a decent enough state for a charity shop, but I don't want to just bin them and them end up in a landfill. Is there anywhere in Sligo that disposes of clothes in an environmentally-friendly manner?

hospice clothing banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

Put them in the recycling bins anyway. The charities can rip up the poor quality clothing for rags used in garages etc by selling them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 PrincessPeach

Put them in the recycling bins anyway. The charities can rip up the poor quality clothing for rags used in garages etc by selling them on.

I was thinking of doing this but wasn't sure if they did actually rip them up and send them onto be recycled or if they just took what was in good condition and dumped the rest! Thanks for the confirmation :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I think TK Maxx was collecting them, too, at one point. Might be worth your while asking them. Another option someone mentioned elsewhere ages ago was to contact homeless charities, or women's refuges, too, as they help women and children who escaped from domestic violence often with nothing more than the clothes on their backs.

Advertisement