Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband cancelled but further DD taken

Options
  • 08-03-2018 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi,

I had broadband installed last November but I subsequently cancelled the service within the 14 cooling off period.  I was told when I cancelled that I would only be billed for my actual usage.  I have since had two direct debits taken from my account – one for around €16 (which is about right) and then a second direct debit for €59.99 which I have no idea what is for.

When I tried to query the second DD with your online support team, it appears that some of my details are incorrect on your systems and so they could not verify my identity and would not proceed with helping me. 

I also cannot set up an online account to view the bill as I have already cancelled.  I would appreciate if someone here could look into this for me as I don’t seem to have any other way of resolving.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

You have the option to get the DD refunded to you by your bank (under SEPA rules).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

lemeister wrote: »
    Hi,

I had broadband installed last November but I subsequently cancelled the service within the 14 cooling off period.  I was told when I cancelled that I would only be billed for my actual usage.  I have since had two direct debits taken from my account – one for around €16 (which is about right) and then a second direct debit for €59.99 which I have no idea what is for.

When I tried to query the second DD with your online support team, it appears that some of my details are incorrect on your systems and so they could not verify my identity and would not proceed with helping me. 

I also cannot set up an online account to view the bill as I have already cancelled.  I would appreciate if someone here could look into this for me as I don’t seem to have any other way of resolving.
    Hi lemeister ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement