Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it's really very unstable, crashed several times this morning and now I have to go into work, fu life

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

It feels like a better version of Div1. I like all the capture points around the map and the patrols of regular people that you can help.

I had no technical issues on PC

I think it will be great

Having had maxed characters on Div 1 for some time my favourite thing is having stuff to loot again "Oh, a piece of steel, that's FANASTIC!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Only got to play an hour of it last night and it crashed twice on me but I suppose that's why it's a beta.

From what I got to play, it felt good. I like the idea of repairing your armour and shooting the enemy's armour off instead of the spongey enemies from Division 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Needs more snow. If there's no blizzard like conditions in this then that'll be a major disappointment.

It is using the snowdrop engine after all :pac:
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    it's really very unstable, crashed several times this morning and now I have to go into work, fu life

Tell your boss I've given you the day off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I watched one of his videos the other day and he was saying he didn't really care about div 2 but then, he didn't really care about games anymore. Then I saw a Reddit post saying he was swaying people's opinions on it that it was a bad game just because he is burnt out from it. Interesting read But yeah, no hiding from the facts in that video. I'd say this is gonna have a rough launch, still buying day one though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

How do i get access to the 3 friend codes. Ubisoft UI is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Try go to site in incognito, and sign in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I watched one of his videos the other day and he was saying he didn't really care about div 2 but then, he didn't really care about games anymore. Then I saw a Reddit post saying he was swaying people's opinions on it that it was a bad game just because he is burnt out from it. Interesting read But yeah, no hiding from the facts in that video. I'd say this is gonna have a rough launch, still buying day one though :)

Marco did seem pretty jaded tbh but as you said the video speaks as to why.

The base game seems quite good, performance is on par with the first, it has everything I loved from Div1 and I like at least what I've been able to see of the additions like settlement building. The bugs are shocking though at this stage, it's not a brand new design/IP or even engine. I would have expected the Beta issues to be fringe cases or at least related to new features not what looks like full scale regression code and server wise.
    All that said I'm not changing my pre-order, I have faith they will work hard to resolve them, they've earned that over time with their continued work on Div1.

• Advertisement

The only thing is the beta is probably an earlier build but still with just over a month to release some of the issues are worrying.
    Still as someone who lived through the Battlefield 4 launch I maintain these things hold no fear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im years playing beta builds over countless genres and this close to launch i have yet to see any change significantly.
    What you see in this beta is very close to final build, dont be fooled by the BS they all try to spin about it being an old build blah blah blah, its the best build they have right now, why throw out a **** old build when its crucial it makes an impression on potential buyers.
    Same story for all devs.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

im enjoying so far,got kicked a few times (ps4) but it never lost any progress. I too preferred the Winter setting and im not a big fan of the new character models,but the gameplay is enjoyable,and ememies are definitely not as bullet spongy as the first game..
    Im glad too that it seems to be a fairly long campaign and even longer with the side missions too,also doesn't seem to penalize you for playing solo,alothough I had ti turn matchmaking off as was getting a heap of invites and it was distracting..

Ill definitely be getting it when its out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Dcully wrote: »
    Im years playing beta builds over countless genres and this close to launch i have yet to see any change significantly.
    What you see in this beta is very close to final build, dont be fooled by the BS they all try to spin about it being an old build blah blah blah, its the best build they have right now, why throw out a **** old build when its crucial it makes an impression on potential buyers.
    Same story for all devs.

This is the reason why I'm sticking to my "four months after launch" schedule.

Anyone play this today since the maintenance? Improve the connection issues? I don't mind the graphics and glitches for the beta but the disconnections are very annoying. Looking forward to giving this a good few hours tonight, hopefully can squad up with a few people on here.

yeah agreed the disconnections were the most worrying thing, if it's like this at launch I'll be having a fit. Wonder if it's just the PS, someone posted earlier there were no such issues on PC?

Earlier today pre-maintenance I was 117 in a queue which brought back horrible memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Anyone play this today since the maintenance? Improve the connection issues? I don't mind the graphics and glitches for the beta but the disconnections are very annoying. Looking forward to giving this a good few hours tonight, hopefully can squad up with a few people on here.

Ill be jumping on in a hour for a while,hopefully its not a kick fest.. as the one thing I hate,is the loading times when you get kicked,it was taking about 3-4mins to get back in last night..when you only have a certain amount of time to play,sh*t like that would put you off..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tried three times to do a mission earlier crash each time, thats three in 35 minutes, lol state of this beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Earlier today pre-maintenance I was 117 in a queue which brought back horrible memories.

New Year's pub queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

No disconnects so far today on Xbox One since the update.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's very, very, very similar to the first one so far. I'm not quite sold on it. It's more DLC almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's very, very, very similar to the first one so far. I'm not quite sold on it. It's more DLC almost.

It was always going to be similar. If they've improved on the "finished" version of the original then it'll be very solid overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

No disconnects on PC for me anyway. Looking forward to the release, always loved The Division but didn’t have time to play some of the DLCs from the first, more time this year so I’ll be looking to put many hours into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Played for an hour earlier with no issues, vs. every 10-15 mins the last 2 days. Fingers crossed it's now stabiised.

Baby asleep, I'll get about 30 minutes of PS4 time, jump on to find an update, fine just a few hundred mbs. Downloaded and now copying the file for some reason, 20% done in last 10 minutes. If anyone is planning on playing this today with limited time like myself, turn it on early and let this bastarding update do it's thing. **** sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Baby asleep, I'll get about 30 minutes of PS4 time, jump on to find an update, fine just a few hundred mbs. Downloaded and now copying the file for some reason, 20% done in last 10 minutes. If anyone is planning on playing this today with limited time like myself, turn it on early and let this bastarding update do it's thing. **** sake.

Yeah same thing happened to me yesterday, took ages to copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I have a beta code if anyone wants it. Just send me a pm. Will update post when it's gone

• Advertisement

Finished the first mission at the Washington hotel (last time, the game crashed at the boss, no issues this time). I had read about a key you can pick up off a dead body propped against a wall in the meth lab place when you first enter the hotel. No glowing or map indication, just prompted to loot when beside it. The key opens a room in the hall just before the roof top section. Got a nice gun and body armour that was 200 above my previous armour, well worth looking out for. I had an awesome rifle that was 2 shotting most enemies but when I got to the last section of the mission, it had swapped out for an AR. Couldn't find it in my inventory but definitely didn't dismantle it. Will look for it later but was strange.

I noticed a lot more stuff on my 2nd time through that mission like how the place was used for dog fights and you can find one of the dogs still alive but behind a cage. He's standing beside a dead dog, Jaysus UBI, right in the feels. It made killing the hyenas that much better.

As for gear, I found a lot of stuff I instantly equipped throughout the mission. In div 1, most stuff I picked up was always below what I was carrying so was just rubbish.

Edit: I read as well that any lootbox you find in the world will refill everyone you level up and will scale with you. Sound like you'll never be stuck.

Advertisement