Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

91GB on PS with the patch, have the ultimate edition but probably won't get stuck into it until Thursday, have the Friday off

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Seriously tempted to upgrade my preorder to the gold edition... I think I definitely would if I was getting digital

What does gold edition actually gives you? They said updates are free, so what will season pass will actually add?

BTW, how does preoerder would work on cdkeys place? I will be playing on Xbox and it looks like it's the cheapest place. 69.99eu on Xbox for standard edition is a bit of piss take.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,752 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What does gold edition actually gives you? They said updates are free, so what will season pass will actually add?

Access the game tomorrow instead of Friday and then each dlc that comes out, you get it a week early. On top of that, extras like special supply drops, skins, etc. I hate that it's becoming a thing to charge more to play the game a few days early but I'd love to play this tomorrow night. Gonna hold off anyway and wait til Friday. If the dlc wasn't gonna be free, I'd definitely get the season pass.

Also, smyths selling it for 55 if you preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Can I uninstall beta client from PS4? Like there no advantage as to just keeping it?

yeah I don't see why you would need the beta, I got rid of it on the PS

• Advertisement

Access the game tomorrow instead of Friday and then each dlc that comes out, you get it a week early. On top of that, extras like special supply drops, skins, etc. I hate that it's becoming a thing to charge more to play the game a few days early but I'd love to play this tomorrow night. Gonna hold off anyway and wait til Friday. If the dlc wasn't gonna be free, I'd definitely get the season pass.

Also, smyths selling it for 55 if you preorder.

Cheers.

I did not realize it's out this week. Unfortunately I went pure digital now, and I am at the mercy of MS shop or cdkeys.

Edit: It's 88eu on cdkeys for gold edition and 58eu for normal. I need shoes and if misses finds out I spent 100eu on game and still did not buy shoes, then I will be sleeping by the door on a door mat. :Pac:

If I go with cdkeys, will I get key now? I bought from them a lot of times, but never pre-ordered stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Seriously tempted to upgrade my preorder to the gold edition... I think I definitely would if I was getting digital

I hope you didn't. Streamers are already playing a day earlier than those who paid for early access. Don't give them anymore of your money.

Disgraceful carry on from Ubisoft and the streamers who accepted but should know better. In my opinion.

I don't buy a lot of games. passed on metro and anthem. I'll usually get the standard version as I did with rdr2 and bfv. with this I got slightly conned going for one of the more expensive versions but now I have it I wouldn't downgrade. Certainly Ubisoft shouldn't be rewarded for the confusing way it's been marketed.

Season passes seem to be becoming extinct and have been of questionable value in any game I've ever purchased except for MW2 (map packs) and BF4 where I got a lot out of them, for a limited period.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Well, letting some known streamers play early is excellent free hype marketing, so i see why they do it, to be honest, its the best form of advertising to get people dribbling and dumping large amounts of cash.

But i agree, the whole pay more to play earlier is a scummy tactic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

@shadowhearth cdkeys will send your code a day before release..what they told me when i bought key from them for division 2

• Advertisement

I hope you didn't. Streamers are already playing a day earlier than those who paid for early access. Don't give them anymore of your money.

Disgraceful carry on from Ubisoft and the streamers who accepted but should know better. In my opinion.

Nah, holding out, I love the division but this season pass absolutely stunk. A season pass just to early access free dlc is duuurty. No problem with YouTubers getting free copies though, people will watch, get hyped and buy the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,995 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nah, holding out, I love the division but this season pass absolutely stunk. A season pass just to early access free dlc is duuurty. No problem with YouTubers getting free copies though, people will watch, get hyped and buy the game.

But you don't need to buy the season pass :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Still can't decide what version to get.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c866ad055725654413a141a

TitianGerm wrote: »
    But you don't need to buy the season pass :confused:

You did if you wanted early access, which a lot of people would. Early access should be given to anyone who pre-orders any version or at least paying for a season pass that has dlc that will cost around the same. But it's becoming common now to push release date out a week just so you can have a week early access to people who pay more. As I said, durty.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,995 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You did if you wanted early access, which a lot of people would. Early access should be given to anyone who pre-orders any version or at least paying for a season pass that has dlc that will cost around the same. But it's becoming common now to push release date out a week just so you can have a week early access to people who pay more. As I said, durty.

It's a week. The game won't be going anywhere in a few days.

The release date is what it is, if you pay more you get it early. It's not a big deal really.

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    @shadowhearth cdkeys will send your code a day before release..what they told me when i bought key from them for division 2

Did you go for normal edition? If I would buy gold edition, surely they would have to send out key today?

Edit: just came back from shops and got myself two pair of shoes, jacket and 3 pairs of socks. I think I am safe to buy a game for myself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Got my final 12th shield in The Division 1 last night. That was a lot of work to get 3000 commendation score I needed.

Completing shields over thr last few months brought some purpose back to the game for me.

I missed the Survival one and am missing a flipping exotic gun. I think it's the tommy gun variant which you can only pick up in the dark zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

What was the point in those shields?

I never did any of em.

they floated the notion that you would get rewarded for them in the Division 2 but after the early kite flying I heard no more, they were fun to do, some of them and others just completed as the requirements were already reached

• Advertisement

Live stream from Marco Style if anyone interested

https://www.twitch.tv/MarcoStyle

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Coyler

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I missed the Survival one and am missing a flipping exotic gun. I think it's the tommy gun variant which you can only pick up in the dark zone.

Drops got changed. All exotics are on the a single drop table so you've got a chance to get them from any usual exotic source. Vendor exotics taken of the list and left vendor only.
    What was the point in those shields?

I never did any of em.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    they floated the notion that you would get rewarded for them in the Division 2 but after the early kite flying I heard no more, they were fun to do, some of them and others just completed as the requirements were already reached

The rewards in game from the shields were exceptionally good. The rewards for Div 2 are fine. Just gave you enough of a carrot to chip away at it. Ended up completing all the shields and actually doing things in the game I was avoiding which turned out to be fun. I really hope they put something similar in the endgame of Div 2.

As for which edition, I'm holding off for a week or so and getting the standard edition. I'm too old for pre-orders and early game issues. Let you young fellas deal with that :)

It would be very unlikely I didn't have that tommy gun at some point but it's possible I guess. I only realised there were two of them when I went through a list after seeing I was missing one. I've deleted/thrown away a lot of exotics.

The shield rewards in Div1 were good but I had everything at that point through hundreds of hours of grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Haven't been paying much attention to this except for watching Marco's video on the private beta. Was the open beta much improved? Looking forward to getting stuck in tomorrow now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As much as i'd like to play this a few days earlier, no way in hell i'm paying €100 for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Would this be worth getting for offline single player/story mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    Would this be worth getting for offline single player/story mode?

Only if you intend to replay the missions, its that kinda of game when it ends you can redo missions on hard difficulties.

I would imagine soloing endgame difficulty would be near impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

Is there a clan set up for boards already?
    My friends arent getting it so im hoping to team up with a few people..

Kiith wrote: »
    As much as i'd like to play this a few days earlier, no way in hell i'm paying €100 for a game.

Thing is, they are very vague about what it will actually give you. The main selling point so far is Early Access by 3 days and updates 2 week early. That's about it.
    I am tempted to pick it up and pay in one go for the game and it's content, but I would like to know what it will actually give. 3 days early is crappy thing for me anyway as I am working next 3 days. Most likely it will be cluster **** anyway with servers going up and down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Trying all weekend to preorder but keeps saying This reward is not available in your country but in the eligibility section my country is listed.

Id rather not use a vpn , at this stage id be better of buying from a key site.

Support refuse to answer me both on twitter, live chat etc.

Advertisement