Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Haha, cheers gimli.

Was just about to hit craft last night on it and figured it might be a bad move. Cheers for confirming!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Do you just get exotic parts from breaking down exotic weapons or can you collect them in missions in order to craft an exotic item?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got a chameleon from a bounty.

112 hours played.

1st exotic.......

Lullaby doesnt count.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Do you just get exotic parts from breaking down exotic weapons or can you collect them in missions in order to craft an exotic item?

I've only ever got them from thrashing exotics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Played a whole bunch today. My mate who was still on world tier 3 re-installed the game this morning. Made it all the way up to and finished the Pentagon. You can really blow through this game quick when you know what you're doing.

• Advertisement

actually you used to be able to farm the chatterbox parts (unless they changed it) they'd be random from certain faction crates around the City. These are different from the exotic parts you get from breaking down exotics. It can be grindy though

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/fbvcvo/the_division_2_title_update_8_warlords_of_new/

Lots of info here from Reddit. I find with these things it's information overload and I lose interest fast but it's the type of thing I'll be referring to once it goes live.

Playing Roosevelt Island on heroic difficulty, the stuff of nightmares?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Playing Roosevelt Island on heroic difficulty, the stuff of nightmares?

Big time... got slaughtered there trying to do the Black Tusk mission.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Big time... got slaughtered there trying to do the Black Tusk mission.

Did you try it on heroic? Challenging is bad enough although I think the regular one is worse. I have done a few heroic missions, two manned some of them and they can be brutal. Haven't tried this one.
    I always remember doing the Russian consulate one in the first one with randoms, who dropped in and out. Took me 8 hours. Kind of thing you sit back after and think why the feck did I do that?

• Advertisement

Did you try it on heroic? Challenging is bad enough although I think the regular one is worse. I have done a few heroic missions, two manned some of them and they can be brutal. Haven't tried this one.
    I always remember doing the Russian consulate one in the first one with randoms, who dropped in and out. Took me 8 hours. Kind of thing you sit back after and think why the feck did I do that?

I did it on the Black Tusk invasion difficulty (whatever that is).

Only completed it because McLovin was with me. Tried it on my own 3 times and failed miserably at the last part over and over.

There's no respawn on the heroic difficulty, if your team dies it's back to the very beginning. That's the worst thing as often it can be a bs death that get you. It gets intense when you're the last alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/fbvcvo/the_division_2_title_update_8_warlords_of_new/

Lots of info here from Reddit. I find with these things it's information overload and I lose interest fast but it's the type of thing I'll be referring to once it goes live.

Reads good on "paper" but not enough to convince me to part with €30. I've grown weary of looter shooters promising diamonds and delivering cubic zirconia.

I'm totally hyped for it, helped by my time away no doubt. Just getting new skills, guns and exotics some of which you just know will be absolutely broken makes it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Patch updates for expansion and title update 8
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2193332

Patch updates for expansion and title update 8
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2193332

Looking forward to this:

Loot

Reduced overall loot drop quantity.
    Item power, quality and quantity now scales more strongly with difficulty.

Developer comment: This change is intended to make loot feel more meaningful. While you will see less loot drops overall the quality of items you acquire will be higher and you have the option to increase the quality by tackling harder challenges.

It's one of the worst things about the game, getting 7 pieces of loot drop and the one you want is gear level 497.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Seriously, seeing how much they have streamlined gear is ****ing fantastic. The main reason I gave up on playing was due to the absolute mess of RNG you were at the mercy of. The fact that I read the Gear 2.0 notes and fully understand how gear will actually work and how it can roll is already a huge improvement, to the point where I'm reading down through the notes and already theory crafting builds. That just wasn't possible, for me at least anyway, in year 1.

Div 1 was relatively straightforward in that it was all about the gear set talents, these afforded you the best benefits and were relatively straightforward. You could go for a high end build with an exotic piece but more often than not the Gear Set was the way to go.
    Div 2 was a lot more complex. It took ages to get to grips with. Not helped by the constant rounds of buff and nerfs.

I still dont understand the gear set and mods, hope it changes today.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I still dont understand the gear set and mods, hope it changes today.

Same - I have a ton of stuff and have no idea what I'm doing build wise.

Generally, I just equip the best I have in each area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Gear changes sound good alright. In Div 1 you had to work quite hard for loot but at least you knew you were getting something worthwhile. And you immediately knew what to do with it. Div 2 was just all over the place.
    How in the hell they thought new players were going to make sense of it at all I have no idea.

Having Keener's rogues take over the factions was a great idea. I often wondered how they were going to explain them still being around.

Speaking of factions, with the Corona Virus on our island, are you a div agent helping the people, a cleaner who thinks the unclean should be burned, a riker who is out to raise hell in the panic or an LMB who is out to take over the whole of Ireland under a new world order?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Speaking of factions, with the Corona Virus on our island, are you a div agent helping the people, a cleaner who thinks the unclean should be burned, a riker who is out to raise hell in the panic or an LMB who is out to take over the whole of Ireland under a new world order?

Whichever gives the most XP.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Thought it wasn't live until tomorrow but just jumped into WONY on ps4. Damn my builds have been destroyed :O

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Thought it wasn't live until tomorrow but just jumped into WONY on ps4. Damn my builds have been destroyed :O

The expansion goes live at midnight but gear and skill changes were part of the title update

Edit - looks like they released it early

Just bought it there - will download when I get home.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm assuming it's just bigger numbers = better for gear, at least until well into end game? Started playing again this weekend and enjoying it so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Well, I'm one of those completely locked out by the Echo errors, so I'm just sitting here refreshing their forum thread about it in the vain hope it'll be fixed soon.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Well, I'm one of those completely locked out by the Echo errors, so I'm just sitting here refreshing their forum thread about it in the vain hope it'll be fixed soon.

Yeah sounds like a doozy

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1234509069580488704?s=19

Advertisement