Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Zero-Cool wrote: »

That earlier fix did nothing for me, but it's just loaded now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Echo located.

You have left the group.

You are no longer in a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Echo located.

You have left the group.

You are no longer in a group.

Is this a PS4 Bug?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Cant interact with any npc so cant progress! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cant interact with any npc so cant progress! :(

Did you kill one of them n another group ahead of time?

I did and had to restart and talk to another NPC.

Same happening loads in game there on PC anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

You can only sit back and hope it's resolved soon because, as you well know, whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather, he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank just outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Game is running like **** for me on my One X since the patch, framerate is crawling and crazy screen tearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ok played about an hour of NY, it's great, dark, dank and foreboding. I have more questions than answers. Gear's gone to hell, all my mods are gone (still have 79 but the best ones which were in the gear are gone), first 2 gun drops were a green and a blue and were better than my best guns, everything is new and confusing. People are level 36 already?
    I'm too tired for this now.

Gear 2.0 is already massively refreshing. Being able to just look at a piece of gear and understand what it brings to the table is great, and into the bargain its already clear that gear rolls make much more sense now. Streamlining talents and attributes is going to be a god send.

• Advertisement

it's jarring replacing your carefully and painstakingly farmed gear with greens and blues but yes, it is simpler and I think we'll be an improvement, once I get used to it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gimli, when you say dark, do you mean literally as in Doom 3? I'm having awful brightness issues in DC as it is. Sometimes I'm in a dark room and i can only find my way out by shooting my gun to make light.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    it's jarring replacing your carefully and painstakingly farmed gear with greens and blues but yes, it is simpler and I think we'll be an improvement, once I get used to it

Totally, same feeling I used to get when I'd start a Destiny expansion and suddenly the last 12 months of my life were rendered worthless within the space of 5 or 6 green engrams dropping.

Definitely think the new system is an improvement, I actually think some people might find it too streamlined. For someone like myself though with the attention span of a goldfish, its exactly what I needed to enjoy the game

Gimli, when you say dark, do you mean literally as in Doom 3? I'm having awful brightness issues in DC as it is. Sometimes I'm in a dark room and i can only find my way out by shooting my gun to make light.

no dark as in creepy, some of the streets are very narrow and full of clutter, it feels claustrophobic. There's plenty of wide open spaces too.
    I often find games too dark and turn the brightness well past recommended levels

Doom 3 was awful, I had to get a mod that sellotaped a torch to the guns

gimli2112 wrote: »
    no dark as in creepy, some of the streets are very narrow and full of clutter, it feels claustrophobic. There's plenty of wide open spaces too.
    I often find games too dark and turn the brightness well past recommended levels

Awesome. Yeah, my brightness is turned up full in game. Gonna mess around with tv settings as ingame brightness can wash out some details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Awesome. Yeah, my brightness is turned up full in game. Gonna mess around with tv settings as ingame brightness can wash out some details.

If you have a Gamma setting. That will help with the dark areas a lot.

I've unfortunately hit the can't speak to NPCs bug. Nothing I try works so might just give up for tonight, think they have already announced a 3 hour maintenance window tomorrow to deploy fixes, so at least they're acting fast.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If you have a Gamma setting. That will help with the dark areas a lot.

Nope but i found a brightness setting deep in the menus, will give it a go later, sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

goon_magee wrote: »
    I've unfortunately hit the can't speak to NPCs bug. Nothing I try works so might just give up for tonight, think they have already announced a 3 hour maintenance window tomorrow to deploy fixes, so at least they're acting fast.

Same here, just exploring and generally levelling up at the moment. Not a total loss but I was looking forward to the new story.

Edit: Not sure if it's related but I completed the base challenge for one of the areas and then could interact with the Safehouse NPC. Presuming that is not an intentional block it might just have re-triggered a script.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I'm having awful brightness issues in DC as it is. Sometimes I'm in a dark room and i can only find my way out by shooting my gun to make light.

Ha, that's just the way I like it! I always have neutral lighting turned on in both Division games. If I walk down a street with no lights I don't want to see anything but the orange circle on my back:pac:

I spent all night getting to grips with the new gear and that re-calibration bank thing. I think I have it sussed now. New York looks nice at first glance, but only went as far as Haven. Seeing blues and greens dropping again is hilarious. Didn't think they'd go that route.

I keep looking around to see if I can recognise the streets. Even though I've been to NY a couple times, I'm not that familiar with the layout. Is this set off up beyond central park?

• Advertisement

I like that they simplified things overall, getting rid of the Perk type limits on Talents is definitely a plus, as is the 'Bank'. But with only chest pieces and backpacks having gear talents I think they went way to far the other way. As complex as the old system could be there was a certain art to getting a truly well sync'd build, now with the combinations no longer exclusive and so limited I can't help but miss some of it. Currently have success running with Unstoppable Force and Focus (great for high Magazine Rifles/Marksman Rifles). I do miss Patience the but it's just a matter of getting one or 2 armour regen perks on there now too.

Well, "something just instakilled me" is something I haven't thought in a while. Also very annoying when you're already late for work and the bounty boss uses ANOTHER armor kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not just me then, had a bounty who took that much damage my team wondered if there was 2 of them all along (in a boat place South West)

The new sticky grenade is cool and I have 2 purples that were better than any guns I have ever had previously.

Bug killed it for us only so many freem roam events you can do before you get bored.

Sick baby meant I got no gaming in last night but by the looks of it, I might be better off to see if the maintenance this morning fixes the bugs in place. Loving the sound of people actually finding better guns to use.

Bugs galore for sure. Hoping today's maintenance kills the most of them, though Massive has said it isn't able to guarantee what will be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Only bug I encountered was masks not showing stats. If anything the game seems to run better now......

Rob2D wrote: »
    Only bug I encountered was masks not showing stats. If anything the game seems to run better now......

Happy days, hope I get a similar run tonight.

It got that bad for me that I couldn't even speak to NPCs at control points to donate the materials required for liberation.

Didn't really bother me in the end; after years of playing looter shooters, I've learned to temper my expectations going into a new game or expansion on launch day, plenty of other games and a two year old son to keep me busy :pac: The toxicity over on the D2 discord was absolutely shameful though, an embarrassment to the community in all honesty.

• Advertisement

Feel bad for the devs. Most be so frustrating to have your build looking okay and then all these serious issues pop up on release. Either that or they knew what would be coming but couldn't delay the release for whatever reason.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1234797771468820481?s=19

Advertisement