Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Good on them for deploying an NPC fix so soon.

If it was Destiny, Bungie would have left us logging in and out or fast travelling between safe houses for two weeks and called it "content".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Not just me then, had a bounty who took that much damage my team wondered if there was 2 of them all along (in a boat place South West)

Had one on a rooftop against a cleaner target, there was a fatty mini boss before the main that took literally 10 minutes to kill with me kiting like crazy around the 2 buildings.

It went kind of like this:
    ElementaryCourageousIntermediateegret-small.gif

...It was not my finest moment

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I haven't found it to hard yet although I've just ventured in. I made 5 characters in Division 1 and every time was astonished how hard it could be levelling up. You get used to all your carefully constructed builds.
    I am really really really missing patience and unbreakable. It's weird how the first gun you pick up off the floor is immediately better than the monster you've been hefting about for the past year.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I haven't found it to hard yet although I've just ventured in. I made 5 characters in Division 1 and every time was astonished how hard it could be levelling up. You get used to all your carefully constructed builds.
    I am really really really missing patience and unbreakable. It's weird how the first gun you pick up off the floor is immediately better than the monster you've been hefting about for the past year.

No patience is killing me atm. I keep reverting to cover and waiting for my armour to regen out of force of habit :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just played through the intro mission, map is open to me now. Absolutely loving the new items do a ton more damage (bought an lmg at 1st vendor that does 10k more damage than the one I've used the last 10 hours).

Gear 2.0 is lovely to look at. Simplified but still complex (to me), definitely easier to read. New York is absolutely beautiful for a destroyed city. Hats off to the Devs, they cram every inch of the environment with detail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

3 of the main Lieutenants down but hit level 40 so I could finally start the proper build process. I really do like the return to rolling more stat variants when crafting, and the Bank is well optimised in terms of intelligence when you are ripping and re-applying.
    I went a bit nuts and raided each vendor multiple times, ripped every available talent and any perks above 50% or so max. I crafted a whole new set with 3 Fenris, 2 Arialdi and one Gila guard. Got most gear I'd say min-maxed to about 70% max or so after an hour of constructing/ripping/deconstructing. About +55% all weapons dmg, 30% general headshot, 35% marksman and 25% AR so far with a LOT of stability on there, add in Unstoppable Force for some extra kick . 820k armour, 3.5k regen but 95k armour on kill, partnered with Unbreakable adds a decent amount of survivability. So, a Gear-2.0 Spank'n'Tank Alpha lives, I'm happy again :).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The recalibration library is odd, great idea but not sure of the point of the 1-30 section is that for people who like full libraries?

For instance my (rerolled) level 30 Classic M60 which I used for months gives +3 weapon damage but one I found from some noob cleaner gives level 37 +6 weapon damage.

Why would I use the level 30 one ever? The talents are fine I believe they can go to another weapon but the core attributes not so sure 1-30 has a use.

Altho I now realise the folly of not chasing blueprints in the vanilla game :( Should have stuck it out and got as many as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Spent last night just walking around NY enjoying the scenery. They really managed to capture the same look as the first game. I went south and it was pretty cool to see all the flooded streets and stuff. When the sun went down, everything just went pitch black. I was walking around with my pistol flashlight to be able to see anything. Some atmosphere; love it.

So good to be back in town. DC can go s***e for itself :pac:

Rob2D wrote: »
    Spent last night just walking around NY enjoying the scenery. They really managed to capture the same look as the first game. I went south and it was pretty cool to see all the flooded streets and stuff. When the sun went down, everything just went pitch black. I was walking around with my pistol flashlight to be able to see anything. Some atmosphere; love it.

So good to be back in town. DC can go s***e for itself :pac:

Wait wait wait wait......pistol flashlight? You mean I've been wondering around in the dark shooting bullets to light my way and I could have been using a flashlight? Where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Took out first target last night -Theo Parnell. I have to say I loved the extra little mechanics they threw into this section to prevent it from just being another tank and spank. They seemed to have ever so slightly doubled down on story as well which is great to see.

Finally I can just look at my gear now and tell whether it is good or not without breaking out excel sheets and calculators. They are ripping Gear 2.0 asunder on the main forums for less complexity, but honestly I prefer the more stream lined approach. Just enjoying not being maxed out and not having ti thing about builds till 40 though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is it the entire NY map from Division 1, or just a portion of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Kiith wrote: »
    Is it the entire NY map from Division 1, or just a portion of it?

Warlords is set in Lower Manhattan, the first game was set in Midtown Manhattan

Division 1 map was bigger, maybe twice as big?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wait wait wait wait......pistol flashlight? You mean I've been wondering around in the dark shooting bullets to light my way and I could have been using a flashlight? Where did you get it?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I THINK you get it from a wandering squad of black tusk. It was initially said that they wandered the sewers in that south park around the washington monument, but I met them on the street somewhere.
    They look like just any old squad too IIRC so I just kinda happened upon them and got the blueprint.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Division 1 map was bigger, maybe twice as big?

division-2-map-community-comparison.jpg?itok=_5ZChmjr

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I THINK you get it from a wandering squad of black tusk. It was initially said that they wandered the sewers in that south park around the washington monument, but I met them on the street somewhere.
    They look like just any old squad too IIRC so I just kinda happened upon them and got the blueprint.

Yeah, read that it drops from a chainsaw heavy in DC underground. I'm stuck in NY now, would absolutely love to be able to pick it up in NY but no idea if you can. I like dark areas, great atmosphere but I was with lads on here last week and I couldn't find my way out of a room and got stuck because it was so dark, kinda takes you out of the atmosphere.

As for NY, The decontamination zone is so awesome, already prefer NY to DC so far.

Apparently, the fix is to ditch the xbox and get a proper console like the PS4.

/jk

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1235154792164585472?s=19

Took out first target last night -Theo Parnell. I have to say I loved the extra little mechanics they threw into this section to prevent it from just being another tank and spank. They seemed to have ever so slightly doubled down on story as well which is great to see.

Finally I can just look at my gear now and tell whether it is good or not without breaking out excel sheets and calculators. They are ripping Gear 2.0 asunder on the main forums for less complexity, but honestly I prefer the more stream lined approach. Just enjoying not being maxed out and not having ti thing about builds till 40 though.

Parnell was my first target as well, and I agree, it's a great encounter. Refreshing to see them change up the routine with their story mission bosses, and it actually felt like something that wouldn't have felt out of place as a first encounter in a raid or something.

Vivian Conley isn't anywhere near as impressive an encounter. The mission itself is great, as is the location, but the boss fight itself reverts back to generic bullet sponge guff.

one thing I had forgotten was how much not fun it is trying to work out how to get SHD tech from seemingly inaccessible buildings, ledges and underground areas.

I did that
    hologram
    boss yesterday it was a lengthy enough mission. I have Monday off irl and will murder this over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Is there campaign missions before each Warlord?

• Advertisement

Is there campaign missions before each Warlord?

Not really; a couple of brief firefights as part of an "investigation" into that warlord, but no structured missions as such. The stuff in between feels more like a side mission or open world activity.

If you were to base the price tag on Warlords content alone, I think it is a hard sell, however as a package taken into account with the fact that you get access to seasons and the first battle pass, it is an easier pill to swallow. Sort of how Shadowkeep felt like a significant update to Destiny 2 due to the fact that it launched along with the new season, but if you took Shadowkeep on its own it was a fairly meagre offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

goon_magee wrote: »
    Parnell was my first target as well, and I agree, it's a great encounter. Refreshing to see them change up the routine with their story mission bosses, and it actually felt like something that wouldn't have felt out of place as a first encounter in a raid or something.

Vivian Conley isn't anywhere near as impressive an encounter. The mission itself is great, as is the location, but the boss fight itself reverts back to generic bullet sponge guff.

Same - did Parnell in a group. It was carnage at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

goon_magee wrote: »
    Not really; a couple of brief firefights as part of an "investigation" into that warlord, but no structured missions as such. The stuff in between feels more like a side mission or open world activity.

If you were to base the price tag on Warlords content alone, I think it is a hard sell, however as a package taken into account with the fact that you get access to seasons and the first battle pass, it is an easier pill to swallow. Sort of how Shadowkeep felt like a significant update to Destiny 2 due to the fact that it launched along with the new season, but if you took Shadowkeep on its own it was a fairly meagre offering.

Are they separate to the takedown mission or part of it. I would much prefer if the was "something to do" beforehand then here's the Warlords location go nuts. Particularly since in the reveal trailer the good guys have inkling where the baddies are but not an exact location.

Also Shadowkeep is part of the reason I'm holding off buying the expansion at the moment.

Are they separate to the takedown mission or part of it. I would much prefer if the was "something to do" beforehand then here's the Warlords location go nuts. Particularly since in the reveal trailer the good guys have inkling where the baddies are but not an exact location.

Also Shadowkeep is part of the reason I'm holding off buying the expansion at the moment.

Yep, they are separate and something you are required to do beforehand. you will get prompts on your map telling you where to go next, once you have carried out those activities then you are directed to the main story mission to take down the Warlord tied to that investigation. Generally though, it isn't much to get excited about, and you will breeze through the investigation stuff within an hour (per each warlord). The warlord missions themselves are great though, at least judging from the two I have played and each has taken at least an hour (or the best part of anyway) to play through so they are quite lengthy themselves.

I felt fairly burned by Shadowkeep also, but am having a good time with this despite the fact that the warlords campaign itself seems fairly slight. I haven't made it anywhere near level 40 yet though so can't speak for how long that enthusiasm will last! Next week when the first season releases will be the big test.

Rogue agents (bots) in PvE now??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Rogue agents (bots) in PvE now??????????

Supposed to be a bit hard, lots of whingey people on twitter and reddit whining.

And you have a time limit.

The rogue agents look deadly, that's some great end game content. I really want that Hunter hockey mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The warlord missions breakdown into 4 parts with the first being just like a standard side mission, the second is just going to a safehouse and speaking to an NPC and the final two missions more along the scale of running an invaded stronghold.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Supposed to be a bit hard, lots of whingey people on twitter and reddit whining.

And you have a time limit.

In fairness due to the new gear system even basic mobs hit super hard now. At level 40, I've got 1.2 million armor and 350k health and have gotten caught off guard a few times by mobs spawning out of nowhere behind me and doing serious damage. You really have to be way more mobile now in combat instead of just hunkering down behind cover and plinking away at mobs.

• Advertisement

To anyone wondering (like we were in our group earlier), yes, the warlord kills carry back to your game if you did them while joining someone else. Went back to my map and Vivian is gonzo.

Absolutely loving this expansion.

Advertisement