Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

goon_magee wrote: »
    What are people finding the quickest route for drops since TU8? I'm trying to pull together a decent SMG crit build but have hit that wall I always hit with the Division where I can't even seem to get decent enough drops where recalibration becomes feasible as I don't seem to be getting anything worth bringing stat rolls over to.

Not even sure how viable SMG builds are at the moment anyway with how hard enemies hit since the update and hoe much damage they are taking. Getting up close seems to be suicide on anything above hard difficulty. Loving the challenge though, elites finally feel elite again.

Edit: Actually managed to get lucky with some drops after that and have a semi decent build going which at least has me at the point where I can solo level 3 checkpoints somewhat easily, whereas that wasn't happening earlier.

Currently running a haphazard set that is giving me 50-55% crit chance, with 95-100% crit damage depending on whether I have The Grudge or Chatterbox equipped. 71% headshot damage, 70% all weapon damage and 22% SMG damage. Chuck in the 18% crit damage as well you get when Perfect Vindicitive procs on the Grudge, which is easy enough to get if you are using the seeker mine that inflicts bleed, and I'm finally throwing up decent numbers.

Only problem is, I'm running with about 670k armour, so if an elite gets anywhere near me I'm down. Not a bad thing though, forcing me to actually play the game as a cover shooter as intended!

Looking forward to fine tuning and enjoying the season once it unlocks, now that I have something (kinda) effective put together.

Goon what have I said about talking maths over here....*shakes fist violently*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I found running unbreakable on chest and the backpack perk that gives you bonus armor per kill, made a big difference in general survivability but as noted above, if mobs get into melee range the damage they dish out is just insane. An elite mob on normal hit me just once in melee, ignored a full armor bar and left me with a tiny sliver of HP from a 400k HP pool :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Venom wrote: »
    I found running unbreakable on chest and the backpack perk that gives you bonus armor per kill, made a big difference in general survivability but as noted above, if mobs get into melee range the damage they dish out is just insane. An elite mob on normal hit me just once in melee, ignored a full armor bar and left me with a tiny sliver of HP from a 400k HP pool :confused:

Yeah I've been on the hunt for unbreakable but haven't had one single drop with it rolled yet. Will probably try and build round it once I finally get a drop!

Goon what have I said about talking maths over here....*shakes fist violently*

Sorry Optimus, point noted; I'll keep the number crunching to a minimum from here on out!

Don't forget to claim the free season 1 pass in the ingame store before the event starts next week :)

• Advertisement

What difficulty are people playing on for the most part? I feel like I'm really struggling to make the jump to challenging. Can manage challenging level 3 CPs fine, but actual missions and strongholds etc. I'm pretty much having to stick to hard. Would consider my build pretty alright as well after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I went back to Washington, played a simple mission and died six times. SIX. Well twice but it may as well have been SIX. It's so much harder now as I'm not optimised or built up.

What difficulty are people playing on for the most part? I feel like I'm really struggling to make the jump to challenging. Can manage challenging level 3 CPs fine, but actual missions and strongholds etc. I'm pretty much having to stick to hard. Would consider my build pretty alright as well after today.

I've run bounties solo and in group on hard without much difficulty but haven't tried anything harder yet. I did bump up some normal world CP's to level two and three, with the latter taking a fair bit longer due to the much higher damage mobs can dish out now and got nothing but purple drops for my trouble :(

Maybe it's just me but anyone else feel SHD levels don't feel like much of an upgrade?

It's like Borderlands, it's an incremental increase but it builds up. At the end of the day it's not much individually 10% more weapon damage, 1-% skill haste, 10% armor etc etc but collectively it will make you a lot stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

just finished campaign took my time on it, me and a randomer struggled with Keener until back up joined.

Can someone explain the endorsments? I seem to get a lot but the wiki says I have to pick something up and there is a timer, i dont see anything to pick up :confused:
    Note that you will have to gather these Endorsements before the end of the timer displayed in the SHD tab of the in-game map.

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Faqs/000044874/Shepherd-system-in-The-Division-2-TD2/

I always answer the call find it one of the games best features, it really promotes team play with randomers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I just bumped it up to Challenging a few hours ago, tougher than it was previously but still doable, though with a lot more backtracking and playing it a lot safer. I wanted to test what I had and have a better chance of improving my gear since it was starting to plateau.

Edit:
    So most activities are fine at challenging. Supply Drops however tend to be utter BS, especially if Black Tusk are onsite. The fact that multiple overlapping waves can spawn and rush you from any direction while you have the semi-time limit of trying to stop them also opening the crates is bad enough but when it's BT the last wave always has multiple med-station droppers usually at least one Elite and some medics in there. Almost impossible to kill when also dealing with random fire. 2 times in a row they had an elite and purple med-pack overlapping and even head-shotting from my pretty decent marksman rifle couldn't drop their health fast enough to do any good. At one point there was a pack of looters (who also had one elite) and all of us were firing on one elite BT in range of a med-station and his last bar of armour just kept flickering on and off until he stepped out of it's range. Those packs are utterly broken, range/healing/structural health are all at least 2x more than they should be imho. It takes an entire AR magazine at optimum range to destroy just one and in that time it will have completely healed the armour of everything in range.

Challenging is fine, I'm dying a lot but only because I don't have unbreakable. So annoying it won't drop. Patience little monkey patience

Nasty bug in the DZ atm which is seeing players get stuck in a loading loop. Happened me in a safehouse I left off in last night, would load in, go to move, game would cut back to a loading screen. Rince repeat. Lucky enough I loaded in right beside a door to the DZ and was able to interact with it which broke the cycle, others aren't so lucky it seems.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Challenging is fine, I'm dying a lot but only because I don't have unbreakable. So annoying it won't drop. Patience little monkey patience

I got pretty lucky, picked up a Perfectly Unbreakable piece on day 2. Though it pains me how many times it has had to save my life :( . Going to focus on a more damage oriented build now, I think as the difficulty scales the value of the survivability perks is not matching, guessing there'll be more value in lowering my TTK.

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I got pretty lucky, picked up a Perfectly Unbreakable piece on day 2. Though it pains me how many times it has had to save my life :( . Going to focus on a more damage oriented build now, I think as the difficulty scales the value of the survivability perks is not matching, guessing there'll be more value in lowering my TTK.

I got one earlier, game changer, although not a perfectly, what does that do? It makes the game so much more easy not easy just so much more.

I've made a defence build but it's painful as I can't damage anything. It's a totally different game from before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Don't forget to claim the free season 1 pass in the ingame store before the event starts next week :)

I havent bought the game yet but this might force my hand before this event start.
    Is it a season pass for warlords or what?

Also im trying to activate the uplay 20% off but its not working, tab is there to click for discount but message then saying its not available.

Dcully wrote: »
    I havent bought the game yet but this might force my hand before this event start.
    Is it a season pass for warlords or what?

Also im trying to activate the uplay 20% off but its not working, tab is there to click for discount but message then saying its not available.

The season pass is just for the upcoming manhunt event which will award you extra cosmetics. It's just like the year one pass unlock for the different spec's.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've finally found an AR that's shredding enemies. Loving my AR/SMG combo, mad i didn't most of the game with a sole LMG.

I have Unbreakable on a piece of gear that replenishes my armour fully when it goes to 0 but it i haven't noticed in the last hour of play. I'm getting such great loot, i think i might have swapped it out. When i got level 40, can i remove the Unbreakable perk and put it onto a 40 piece? Is that what the recalibration station is for?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I've finally found an AR that's shredding enemies. Loving my AR/SMG combo, mad i didn't most of the game with a sole LMG.

I have Unbreakable on a piece of gear that replenishes my armour fully when it goes to 0 but it i haven't noticed in the last hour of play. I'm getting such great loot, i think i might have swapped it out. When i got level 40, can i remove the Unbreakable perk and put it onto a 40 piece? Is that what the recalibration station is for?

It depends on the version of unbreakable you have. The normal 95% armor one can be swapped to other chest pieces but the 100% perfectly unbreakable perk can't.

It depends on the version of unbreakable you have. The normal 95% armor one can be swapped to other chest pieces but the 100% perfectly unbreakable perk can't.

Ah i have the 100% one. Weird, such a small difference between the 2, it would be more worthwhile to get the normal to be able to move it.

• Advertisement

I got one earlier, game changer, although not a perfectly, what does that do? It makes the game so much more easy not easy just so much more.

I've made a defence build but it's painful as I can't damage anything. It's a totally different game from before.

Yeah the devs weren't kidding when they said if you want to tank, you won't be rolling with high damage as well. You really have to settle on what role you want to play this time round. I've gone the opposite to you and stacked weapon damage, crit chance and dmg. And whilst I'm putting out crazy numbers when I get close enough, getting close enough is a huge issue as I have feck all armour. Especially challenging when playing solo and I don't even have squadmates to pull aggro while I flank.

Unbreakable has helped somewhat, but my armour is that low that on challenging, I don't even have time to get out of the danger zone before my second arnour bar is shredded. I was going to roll some armour in place of weapon damage on a couple of pieces, but with how quick armour gets shredded, I don't think it's worth sacrificing the damage; I'd need to roll almost all armour for it to make a difference, but by that stage I find myself back to doing no damage with all armour. Caught between a rock and a hard place :pac:

I put my armor from 1.1M to 867K now I have unbreakable . Moved armor from the mask, back pack, gloves and knees and put about 55% weapon damage on instead

The SVD is insane

Challenging really is challenging now, heroic would be interesting but you'd want a fully maxed team

It's a 10% boost across the board. 100% restore instead of 90 and 55s cooldown instead of 60. Not a huge difference but still nice to have, I'd have no qualms about changing it out for normal on a gear piece that is better overall for the build.

Man I wish they would bring in targeting for specific gear sets. Ran Roosevelt on challenging there before logging offf for the night in the hopes of snagging a few pieces of True Patriot (looking online it seems to be the emerging meta for challenging/heroic), and all I managed to get were three poorly rolled Striker pieces, and a couple of Aces and Eights which I'll never use as I hate marksman/sniper gameplay.

Still good fun, though I forgot what a bitch that last encounter is.

I spec'd out a decent AR damage build, dropped my defense by about 30% but offense is massively boosted. Went essentially with something like this, https://youtu.be/IpN5LWu3Xa8 , but with 3-piece providence instead of the 2-piece and 1-overlord. Crit is 50% / 110% on base dmg boost of 75% and AR boost of 35%. I kept unbreakable on the chest for some balance but only have creeping death on the backpack, needed to recalibrate an attribute on it instead but will look for something similar later with Composure again if I can.
    Anyway. MUCH more effective. Yes it can take less damage but it's in the order of about a second of direct fire, and I can take down enemies now at least twice as fast. Using a repair drone, and a Stinger Hive for area-denial more than the damage it does (though it at least does trigger creeping-death with the bleed affect).
    I went out doing some control-points in Washington to test, CP4 was no problem (being careful). I then had about a 30 minute insane war for a CP3. A roving patrol turned up halfway through, then 2 rogue agents and then a roaming true-sons boss. Thank god for the CP friendlies and a roaming patrol of my own but it was chaos up and down a few blocks for a glorious half hour. Got a nice LMG from the Rogues 'New Reliable' with Perfectly Optimized but thought there'd be something better tbh since they are a bitch to kill.

Last mission of Warlords done, that last fight was an awful Bollox. Loving the setup for the endgame with rogue agents in season 1, nice map laid out for upcoming content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Decided to stay up and finish Warlords.
    Keener was a hell of a fight. After I died a few times I decided to go nuts and rush him straight away with 2 shotguns. He dropped in seconds! Good to know for future runs.

I'm upset they decided to kill him off though. He was the best character in it and the driving force behind the story. I hope they don't plan to replace him with these throw away rogue squads. Delighted we have to kill Faye now though. Never could stand her!:pac:

That Grudge smg seems real nice. Might make a build around that. I've also been using the Enforcer shotgun since I hit 40. That thing does WORK. Don't sleep on it if you have been.

Can you get a lvl 40 Mozambique Special from Kajika??? That pistol was great.

Are the daily missions gone now???

The exotic chest is brilliant, it's unbreakable for everyone in the party. You get 80% armor anytime your or a team mates armor breaks, only lasts 10 seconds but it's amazing. Works solo too
    The bullet king LMG is brilliant. Reloading is for suckers :)

Challenging missions are now erm challenging with randoms but not too bad. Heroic and legendary I haven't gone near yet. Put the world level up to challenging and it's grand too. All checkpoints are level 3, pushed it back to hard just for a break

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The exotic chest is brilliant, it's unbreakable for everyone in the party. You get 80% armor anytime your or a team mates armor breaks, only lasts 10 seconds but it's amazing. Works solo too
    The bullet king LMG is brilliant. Reloading is for suckers :)

Challenging missions are now erm challenging with randoms but not too bad. Heroic and legendary I haven't gone near yet. Put the world level up to challenging and it's grand too. All checkpoints are level 3, pushed it back to hard just for a break

How late are you for work this morning? :pac:

• Advertisement

How late are you for work this morning? :pac:

took a division day off :)

Advertisement