Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I wouldn't look at the SHD points as a goal, trying to grind them out deliberately would drive you nuts over a very very very long time. I'm glad they added them though. One of the few times I used the official forums was back for Div1 when I suggested a long term incremental system, though I wanted it to be more based around your actual acivities and play style. E.g. for every 100 headshots your accuracy increases .1%, have specific weapon awards for using that archetype for x-amount of time (100s of hours). It needed something to make you feel like you were always improving beyond the first 20-30 of levelling and the subsequent gear grind.

That's kinda what commendations were though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Dark Zone is the best place to farm SHD levels. I'd say it'll be the same for the Pass stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Rob2D wrote: »
    That's kinda what commendations were though.

Not really though, rewards were cosmetic and the goals simple and varied. I wanted something that rewarded focus and or time that improved your character in a related way.

Anyway leveling up pretty quickly with the 2xp boost. I'd say about 3-4 times an hour. I gave Strikers a try but tbh my current build is better, you have to be relatively up close an personal to keep stacking it's damage boost with a weapon fast enough to make it worthwhile and in this update that's never a good idea.
    I've had 2 sets of Rogues today, always 2 at a time so that seems to be the solo limit. At a guess I'd say they're turning up every 7 or 8 CPs. If you see a subtler version of the chromatic-aberration you usually get around EMPs at any point but there's nothing else around then they're going to be paying you a visit after the main objective - it's similar to when you are near a Hunter spawn point. Out of 4 incidents so far only one was during a mission, my first encounter at a horrible section with little room to reposition and I got minced in seconds. At CPs it's a lot easier with the friendlies providing a distraction and more room to maneuvre. They seem to drop Named items pretty regularly including my new favourite rifle, The Baker's Dozen so besides the challenge they are good to farm. I hope they stay this regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Clan vendor is selling a custom p16 with a perfect AR DMG roll that you can put into the library but also a perfect stability perk, s'pretty good.

Bumped world back up to challenging, it's grand but feck it'stressful. Bumbled into a random patrol out of the White House, dead, went to a CP point it was going to be a struggle but then got ambushed by a random faction patrol, deal. Was too aggressive anyway, you really need to take your time. Bumped it back down to hard or was going to miss work today, much more happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Joined an Answer the Call (Free Roam "Normal") to kill a few minutes waiting on someone to load up.

CP4 ....it took 35 minutes :eek:

• Advertisement

They're having issues with the difficulty spike in legendary missions where there's a party of 3 or more apparently. The AI is supposed to be smarter but what happens is they stay in cover blind firing or popping up briefly and can one shot you across the map with smgs.
    Apparently Widz (pretty decent player who invented the first meta lifesteal build)has a video up on youtube of it.

Yeah I'm going to be making the jump up to challenging tonight or tomorrow and I'm trying to convince myself it'll be OK :pac:

I put together a striker set last night so I could finally have something resembling a build. It's not too bad at all considering it's all just Hard gear I had to work with. I seem to be getting pretty lucky with rolls.

Decided to try join a group last night for the first time to run Roosevelt Island. Oh man that last part is a problem again! 2am before I logged out.

AFAIK Striker's not very viable atm. You need to be up close to maintain the stacks and will just get shredded doing so.
    Put together a build yesterday that's an improvement on where I was at. Really needed to put my damage up. There's a knee pads that gives 15% DMG out of cover which I think is a must. Put on a Fenris and kept a Petrov for the AR/LMG Damage.
    I really need to look at a gear set build now they've changed them.

Well I have been playing it kinda close. Might explain me getting wrecked all the time! I use Keener's SMG so that gets the stacks up quick, and then I switch to that new good LMG with the weird name and just sit back and lay into them. Seems to work OK.
    It'll do me for now anyway, much better than the random assortment I was running with.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I'm seeing a lot of people running True Patriot; looks as though it received a decent overhaul and I could certainly feel the difference last night when playing with someone running it last night on challenging. The debuffs are now more substantial and stuff definitely seems to drop quicker if someone is doing a good job of keeping the debuffs up.

• Advertisement

Well I have been playing it kinda close. Might explain me getting wrecked all the time! I use Keener's SMG so that gets the stacks up quick, and then I switch to that new good LMG with the weird name and just sit back and lay into them. Seems to work OK.

The 'IWI Negev' ? Even after the recent nerf it's a beast, I crafted about 10 last night eventually got one with good damage rolls and Strained (+50% crit damage after firing for 2.5s), using the Gunner's +50 ammo box so on an already high-crit build it's insane. You can just stare down Challenging tank-armoured enemies, keep the finger on the trigger aiming center-mass and they're done before you have to reload. I switched from an MR /AR to Rifle/LMG last night to use this and the Baker's Dozen, fantastic combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The 'IWI Negev' ? Even after the recent nerf it's a beast, I crafted about 10 last night eventually got one with good damage rolls and Strained (+50% crit damage after firing for 2.5s), using the Gunner's +50 ammo box so on an already high-crit build it's insane. You can just stare down Challenging tank-armoured enemies, keep the finger on the trigger aiming center-mass and they're done before you have to reload. I switched from an MR /AR to Rifle/LMG last night to use this and the Baker's Dozen, fantastic combination.

Have yet to have a decent one drop and don't seem to have the blueprint for it. I think you get one via the Season Pass though so hoping it has a good roll on it. Is the blueprint for it just a random control point drop?

Running a pretty decent Famas build at the moment focused on crit dmg/chance. Puts most things down pretty easy on challenging and heroic, but if I get rushed by an elite it would be nice to have the Negev to fall back on to burn them down at close range.

goon_magee wrote: »
    Have yet to have a decent one drop and don't seem to have the blueprint for it. I think you get one via the Season Pass though so hoping it has a good roll on it. Is the blueprint for it just a random control point drop?

Running a pretty decent Famas build at the moment focused on crit dmg/chance. Puts most things down pretty easy on challenging and heroic, but if I get rushed by an elite it would be nice to have the Negev to fall back on to burn them down at close range.

I got the Season drop last night, it was good but the talent was weak (can't remember the name but it was stacks of accuracy). I got lucky on a blueprint drop through after taking a CP so tried my hand at mass crafting....and promptly ran out of Ceramics ;), luckily I got the one I did first. And that is what I used it for too (emergency/being rushed). When that kind of 'oh ****' moment with a Tank walking up on me went from there to me giggling and paraphrasing Crocodile Dundee 'That's not a gun...THIS is a gun' I knew it was a keeper :).
    The Famas right now is the best AR imho, great base stability, accuracy and RPM to DMG ratio.

@The Phantom Pain - Solo is very feasible up to and including Heroics as you optimise your build (though the latter will test you). No one else I know plays this so the only time I group is to answer distress calls. I haven't tried any Legendary missions yet though and if they are similar to Div1 then they might be quite painful solo, though a hell of a rush. The only content that absolute demands a group is the Raid, everything else is just down to being properly prepared. As for active players the majority will now be at or heading to Level 40 (with the expansion) but I believe they have the inter-level balancing working now so you should be able to play with different levels easily enough. So there really is no 'too late', especially considering the recent update and gear 2.0 changes have reset everyone's builds and effectively their inventories, it's a pretty good time to jump in from that respect.

The 'IWI Negev' ? Even after the recent nerf it's a beast

Yeah that's the one. Can absolutely beam down enemies with it. Especially if I have Striker stacks. They just get....like....erased:eek:

Oh, I did a checkpoint at lunch where my HUD started going freaky. I take it that was new rogues??? Nothing appeared though.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I've just returned to DC - and found the first target of the Seasons pass...

I've a decent striker build with good DPS but I'm being shredded by Boss.

Anyone else having trouble with him?

Not sure I like manhunt progress being reset on changing difficulty. I feel like I have far less flexibility in how I play if I can't just change difficulty on a whim.

ehm what? Roosevelt Island is on the first leg. Ah tbh I put it down to hard, so it's grand

I did a bounty on challenging this morning and wondered why I lost it when I put it back a level

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

EA84vMZ.png

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ehm what? Roosevelt Island is on the first leg. Ah tbh I put it down to hard, so it's grand

I did a bounty on challenging this morning and wondered why I lost it when I put it back a level

Yep, I think the intent is to let you reset the activities so you can farm the seasonal stuff on harder difficulties which is fair enough I suppose, but it just seems a clumsy way of implementing it I think. Done the same as you and did a few bounties and a control point last night on challenging, stuck it back down to hard today to clear out the rest of the control points and lost all progress :/

• Advertisement

Am I right in thinking you have to complete Roosevelt Island on heroic to a time limit to 100% a league. That's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

goon_magee wrote: »
    Not sure I like manhunt progress being reset on changing difficulty. I feel like I have far less flexibility in how I play if I can't just change difficulty on a whim.

Hang does this mean if I do the 3 control points in Foggy Bottom on normal it'll go to 0/3 if I switch to Hard.

Hang does this mean if I do the 3 control points in Foggy Bottom on normal it'll go to 0/3 if I switch to Hard.

Yes.

Wow, some lads are really going hard. Guy on my friends list already at SHD 92!

If I have the blueprint for the Eagle Bearer on Level 30 - how do I craft a level 40?

Are all my exotic level 30 blueprints only fixed to level 30?

sticker wrote: »
    If I have the blueprint for the Eagle Bearer on Level 30 - how do I craft a level 40?

Are all my exotic level 30 blueprints only fixed to level 30?

You don't. I believe you have to do lvl40 raid to get it again. Most other exotics should just drop in open world if you already have lvl30 version I think?????

You don't. I believe you have to do lvl40 raid to get it again. Most other exotics should just drop in open world if you already have lvl30 version I think?????

Thanks - bummer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Anyone got savage wolverine? Is it worth spending the time to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Managed to down Keenar last night finally. I enjoyed everything about the fight up until the final confrontation, which I just found to be a pain in the arse to be honest. Too much drones and cheap tactics from him.

Advertisement