Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just solo'd a lvl four control point. It made me happy. Although I used all the other emotions doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just solo'd a lvl four control point. It made me happy. Although I used all the other emotions doing it.

Yeah I changed it to Heroic last night just to see. Not as bad as I was expecting. But I'm not sure I'd keep it at that.

Like, what happens when this current manhunt ends??? Does your current progress get locked in? Is it locked to that difficulty? If I decide to change to Heroic in a couple weeks, will it wipe out all progress again?

They haven't really made any of this clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Keyzer wrote: »
    I need to do this - any instructions on how its done?

If you want the simplest method just add a USB3 SSD. Your PS4 OS would still be on the hdd so it's not quite as fast overall as a hardware swap but is a huge improvement with no need to physically replace hardware or worry about reinstalling the OS. Not that those steps are rocket science if you do want to go that route (plenty of guides online like https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-upgrade-your-ps4-hard-drive/) it just depends on how much effort you want to put in for a minor gain.
    Anyway I added one of these before Xmas, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C58KFX1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, effortless and dropped load times by at least 50%. The guide above describes how to move your existing games to the new drive under the "How to use an external hard drive with PS4 and PS4 Pro" section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    If you want the simplest method just add a USB3 SSD. Your PS4 OS would still be on the hdd so it's not quite as fast overall as a hardware swap but is a huge improvement with no need to physically replace hardware or worry about reinstalling the OS. Not that those steps are rocket science if you do want to go that route (plenty of guides online like https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-upgrade-your-ps4-hard-drive/) it just depends on how much effort you want to put in for a minor gain.
    Anyway I added one of these before Xmas, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C58KFX1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, effortless and dropped load times by at least 50%. The guide above describes how to move your existing games to the new drive under the "How to use an external hard drive with PS4 and PS4 Pro" section.

Sexual chocoloate...

I finally man'd up and made the jump to my Perfect Glass Cannon piece, from an Unbreakable so it was doubly painful. After (quite) a few deaths I'm starting to like it overall, yeah still the occasional death that Unbreakable would have prevented but on the flipside I can clear most content much faster, and since I spent the day running misc. events (territory control, propaganda, executions etc.) to farm XP it worked pretty well. I finally unlocked the Coyote mask and while I wouldn't say it's game changing right now it does help and I imagine with a group it'll be become essential.

• Advertisement

I finally man'd up and made the jump to my Perfect Glass Cannon piece, from an Unbreakable so it was doubly painful.

Haven't been able to do it myself. Think I'm going to keep glass canon for a rifle build. I just can't do without the survivability.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Haven't been able to do it myself. Think I'm going to keep glass canon for a rifle build. I just can't do without the survivability.

I think it's the absolute last thing you should add to your build. The move to all dmg is hard enough for most of us, get that right with an Unbreakable talent and when you think that's perfected try Glass Cannon. Besides simply getting used to being an actual GC the math on damage backs this up. GC is multiplicative, applied after all other damage so the more you have in advance the more effective it is. So looking at the talent's tradeoff of 30% dmg vs 60% incoming, the more pre-GC damage you have the less that is actually linear.
    E.g. Say you have 100 units of damage (main damage, crit etc.), and 100 of armour. You add Perfect GC, you now effectively have 130 dmg, 40 armour. But if you started this with 150 dmg, 100 armour you then have 195 dmg and the same 40 armour.

Besides the build/math side. It's just fun, you need revive hive to compensate but half the time the enemies that are tough enough to survive your pew-pew-godishness will destroy it too. You will die, but you will only do so when you do something ultimately wrong. You will have the greatest punch in the game, you just have to pick them carefully. Case in point I just did the Wall Street NY mission on Challenging and I died 6 fkn times at the 3 bosses. A big part was working out the mechanics (and Kudos to Massive in that at high levels this one absolutely needs to be learned, the hard way). But each time I knew I'd missed something. When I worked it out I destroyed them, without PGC even with the knowledge it would have at least taken much longer. Anyway for my troubles I got the Bullet King :)

Well I just did Wall Street there to see how I stack up. I only died once when I got glitched on a ladder; I'm still gonna call it a clean run.

So according to my math, 0 deaths is better than 6. And I'm not even happy with my build yet. Guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this :pac:

Just spent the best part of 3 hours trying to 3 man Tidal Basin on challenging with two randoms. Rage inducing. Think the party leader had debuffs on, ammo was only 50% and the ammo crates were scarce, plenty of times I ended up with my secondary.
    It was rough, the adds were far more aggressive than usual challenging. I'd say we would have done it. Got to the end ok but the end, dear god the end. One time we had the three launchers down, a guy dies, I go to pick him up get uav exploded just as I drop my revive hive, which doesn't pick either of us up and then I'm unreviveable.
    The amount of bs wipes was untrue, eventually one randomer logged off, I imagine he threw his tv out the window.
    Funnily enough it was a breeze with 2 and we got it on the second go because I had to endure another bs wipe when I got into cover with a sliver of health, got shot through it and my revive hive decided not to work again

and I wasn't going to drink today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

and I wasn't going to drink today!

Are you out of your vulcan mind?

Funnily enough it was a breeze with 2

Apparently the scaling is a bit busted for 3-4 man groups compared to 2 at the moment. Haven't done any 2 man missions so I can't compare really.

But yeah, this really feels like Division now. All my time spent picking up lads off the floor only to have them give out about me later. Vintage!

Do you ever wonder how some guys get so far in the game when they're so incredibly stupid???? Like, they can't have been carried through everything. Surely they would have some bit of cop on? I try so hard but yet random dumbass gets by just as well with his 5 piece hard wired build :pac:

Anyway, threw together a quick sniper build with perfect glass cannon. Had all the pieces I wanted, even though the rolls were a bit low but..........

HOLY GOD this thing just SLAPS as the kids say. Using White Death and Classic M1A (no bakers dozen for me yet). Think I'll turn it into a DPS support build for group play/open world. With shock trap and foam/flash maybe....

Rob2D wrote: »
    Well I just did Wall Street there to see how I stack up. I only died once when I got glitched on a ladder; I'm still gonna call it a clean run.

So according to my math, 0 deaths is better than 6. And I'm not even happy with my build yet. Guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this :pac:

It's scenario dependant. Some events are much harder with GC, most are easier. CPs, Bounties, most missions are easier and much faster to clear. Some situations are just that much harder, case in point have fun trying to take down a challenging Aerial Recon, they will one-rocket you and your revive hive with ease. The Wall street mission result was as much me learning it properly since I'd only played the once but definitely would be on the harder side for GC, no room for error while you learn the mechanics. But the leadup to the boss battle was a piece of piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Just back after a long break. Currently in T1world. But confused on build setups post level 30. Lot to do!!

Just Completed the Prison Classified Assignment. Oh dear God, that last room annoyed me. Took me a fair few goes to get it right. I've never died so much in the game so far.

All Eyes On Rafah

Clan vendor has the Fox's Prayers kneepads, which is a great item if you don't have it or a build that needs other knees.
    Maintenance was scheduled for 8.5 hours but dropped to the normal 3 just before it went offline, fingers crossed.
    Can I just say , most annoying thing, the loading screen. Sticks on 9%, zips around, crawls through the 90s and then resets to zero..............................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Clan vendor has the Fox's Prayers kneepads, which is a great item if you don't have it or a build that needs other knees.
    Maintenance was scheduled for 8.5 hours but dropped to the normal 3 just before it went offline, fingers crossed.
    Can I just say , most annoying thing, the loading screen. Sticks on 9%, zips around, crawls through the 90s and then resets to zero..............................

Well....ain't this some sh*t - Larae Barrett

Clan vendor has the Fox's Prayers kneepads

Nice, one thing I haven't gotten yet. Hurry up and end maintenance!

I did Invaded Zoo last night because I've never done it (is it new????) and oh my god it was hilarious. It's like a legendary, how do they expect normal people to complete that :pac: The dialogue and constant ambushes were pretty funny.

But unfortunately I got Delta'd due to maintenance at 3am......... Anyway, not looking forward to going through that again today:eek:

The Zoo was part of the Year one season pass. Did the invaded one yesterday, group including 3 randomers (sigh for the group scaling)

The crocodile pit you have three mech dogs, then some more and big machine gunners. The dogs trotted out and I'm pretty sure all three one shotted me simultaneously, whatever happened broke my revive hive and three seconds later the group was down. We respawned after it, not sure if the game was just saying "Sorry about that!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Any tips on the aerial drone thinge? I'm using up a lot of ammo shooting it out of the sky. Chasing me all over a control point and for a big yoke it's fairly quick and fires those rockets pretty steadily.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

LMG is your best bet. There's a mission in Langley? where there's one at the end. Again did it on challenging with a group (strewth) we only got past it when one of them quit in despair.

Any tips on the aerial drone thinge?

Those things are no joke now. Best advice is to find a bridge or tight alleyways you can hide in and just hit and run. Will probably take all your ammo to down it.

I got 2/3 time trials done. 14min to do the bunker kicked my ass, I was way off.

I hate timed events, it turned me off Nightfalls in Destiny. Jumped into one of these and they were already 15 minutes in. Finished around 30:14. Killed the final enemy on 29:59. OCD Gimli is in turmoil.

The crocodile pit you have three mech dogs, then some more and big machine gunners. The dogs trotted out and I'm pretty sure all three one shotted me simultaneously, whatever happened broke my revive hive and three seconds later the group was down. We respawned after it, not sure if the game was just saying "Sorry about that!"

I've done it once so far, mostly it was a little BS'y on the ambushes but otherwise not too hard. That pit though was the one encounter that killed me and with little space, multiple armoured mobile enemies and reduced visibility I don't see how you could solo it right now on Challenging+ without getting extremely lucky. Same thing though, re-spawned after it. I'm guessing the devs realised it was ridiculous right before release and haven't had time to re-balance it so they just mark it complete and move you on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Question: I've hit level 30 now but don't own the Warlords DLC which has extended the cap to level 40.
    In theory, would I still be able to level up past 30 without purchasing the DLC or is the leveling also locked behind the DLC?

Level 31 to 40 is tied to the dlc

That pit though was the one encounter that killed me and with little space, multiple armoured mobile enemies and reduced visibility I don't see how you could solo it right now on Challenging+ without getting extremely lucky.

I did it on challenging no bother. Turn left as you enter and there's a stack of crates. You can just hide behind them.

Shame I couldn't complete it today as invaded had moved on to camp oak. I've never done that one either, I completely missed that there was invaded versions of these. It was a lot of fun too. They're just having a laugh with the radio dialogue at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Starting to feel a little fatigued with the expansion already. At the stage where I'm looking for tiny incremental upgrades to my Famas build, so decided to spend the afternoon messing around with skill and tank builds to freshen things up, but they just feel totally useless in the current meta.

I'm enjoying the difficulty and advocated for it staying as is for a while, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not looking forward to the rebalance so that other builds actually become viable late game.

Advertisement