Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Need some advice. I'm level 30 Tier 1.

Should I boost and go straight to New York, or is it worthwhile playing through all the Tiers?

BTW, my score thinge is only 256.

If you are keen on not wasting time and effort, I'd consider boosting and skipping the world tier grind. Everything you earn is going to become irrelevant as soon as you hit the NY expansion, and it's not like you're really missing out on anything as all that invaded content you will playthrough as you grind through world tiers is on a weekly rotation once you hit the proper end game, so you will experience it anyway. There is a weekly invasion where part of the map becomes invaded again, and you have to take on a select few of the missions/strongholds to clear.

If you want the same experience as everyone had at launch, sure, play through world tiers. Just be aware as I said that your gear will become immediately irrelevant, and you will be playing through that content irrespective of whether you take the traditional path from world tier 1 through 5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got The Pestilence and a second Bullet King in a single Heroic Tombs earlier :P

Done a quick heroic CP to test the Pestilence,great fun.

Also ran into a funny bug :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

The only exotic I've ever had drop for me is the sweet dreams. 4 OF THEM. And all in the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Need some advice. I'm level 30 Tier 1.

Should I boost and go straight to New York, or is it worthwhile playing through all the Tiers?

BTW, my score thinge is only 256.

Boost. As Goon mentioned above, even the best of the best WT1-5 gear will be replaced by the worst of the worst level 31-40 gear stats wise, so no point grinding for weeks for gear that will be junked less than an hour after you move to New York. Also, any of the exotic drops or parts to make the various exotic armor and guns via crafting you will want to pick up at level 40 due to not being able to upgrade them from the base games rank 500. One thing to note for the crafting daily project is you lose it once you go to New York but you can make a new project only character and boost them to 30, and they will have said project back.

Bless the agents who can withstand playing any mission on Heroic difficulty.
    I've just completed all main missions on Hard difficulty for the trophy and doing just one, even with a group, gives me a migraine, even though I do the most damage to enemies by far due to being decked out in reds.

TBH the way things are right now, there's not much difference between Hard and Heroic! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Rob2D wrote: »
    TBH the way things are right now, there's not much difference between Hard and Heroic! :pac:

i wouldn't disagree but heroic with a glass cannon can be worrying at some points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Guys is it worth buying today. Only €10 for base game and €40 for base game and warlords of new York. Looks like I'll be at home for awhile soon cos of this covid 19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Guys is it worth buying today. Only €10 for base game and €40 for base game and warlords of new York. Looks like I'll be at home for awhile soon cos of this covid 19

Well worth it...

Don't get overwhelmed with all the crazy talk on here of builds etc.

Just get in and play...

Keyzer wrote: »
    Well worth it...

Don't get overwhelmed with all the crazy talk on here of builds etc.

Just get in and play...

Which is better pc or ps4 version. Thinking of pc as I have a ryzen 5 build pc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Really up to you - I have no experience playing it on the PC, only PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

PC everytime, much higher frame rate, better graphics, better controls.

Dcully wrote: »
    PC everytime, much higher frame rate, better graphics, better controls.

Was thinking that.. thanks guys will buy it later on today. Pass away a few days in isolation

Was thinking that.. thanks guys will buy it later on today. Pass away a few days in isolation

Have you played 1???? If not then definitely buy that instead. Much better if you just want a story playthrough for a few days.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    i wouldn't disagree but heroic with a glass cannon can be worrying at some points

I've been soloing Heroic with my skill build lately. It's still not 100% but it's most of the way there. It's not quite as panic inducing as the glass cannon. But skills are so unreliable right now it's laughable. I'll clear a heroic in one go but then die to a normal bounty :pac:

Have you played 1???? If not then definitely buy that instead. Much better if you just want a story playthrough for a few days.

I've been soloing Heroic with my skill build lately. It's still not 100% but it's most of the way there. It's not quite as panic inducing as the glass cannon. But skills are so unreliable right now it's laughable. I'll clear a heroic in one go but then die to a normal bounty :pac:
    yes I've played division 1

Phew, finally got my Exotic season cache. It's true what they say, the item IS god-rolled.

Phew, finally got my Exotic season cache. It's true what they say, the item IS god-rolled.

I haven't got the emotional stability to commit myself to time trials. What you get?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I haven't got the emotional stability to commit myself to time trials. What you get?

Diamondback. Wanted a Merciless though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

the global event was very confusing, my old man brain can't keep up with the ever changing polarities. It changes everytime you reload or swap weapon. I must have died 20 times in a Jefferson Plaza challenging. Glass cannon didn't help,probably should have swapped in an unbreakable.
    it's an interesting change of pace and I want the exotic

Polarity is awful, who the hell thought this would be fun????

Anyway, on the + side I got 2 exotic drops tonight! Pestilence and Tardigrade armour.

See they reset all your previous league progress?! What a dick move.......

• Advertisement

OMFG, quote from the new patch notes:

"Developer Note: We still intend Heroic and Legendary to be very challenging. Therefore, we are increasing the base difficulty to account for the health reductions for co-op scaling. Compared to now this means Heroic and Legendary will be a bit harder for solo players"

Just when I thought they couldn't screw the solo player any more. They can actually go F**K themselves. I hope whoever is calling the shots on this right now dies roaring. *EDIT: Having thought this over with a clear head this morning, I still believe this is not too harsh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Agreed on the polarity event. I gave the game a break for a few nights, and logged back in last night eager to try out the new event. What a f*cking mess, the polar opposite of fun if anything.

Back to Doom Eternal it is until the new manhunt target is revealed next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I tried one mission with the modifier turned on. I found it REALLY glitchy, a few times early on I got shocked when I was fairly sure I had the right polarity, so about midway through I did some deliberate tests and yeah it would fire occasionally with no mismatch. The worst was when I killed one rusher, had lined up the next guy (opposite polarity) stepped into cover and did a reload to swap and I got shocked/died with the damage being attributed to the rusher I'd killed 3 or 4 seconds before O_o. It's always possible it was just that one session being bugged but it was enough for me for the night, I just quit out in annoyance..

Pretty sure it was happening me too.

Apparently if you are loaded up on shock resistance, you will be immune to it and can just shoot away as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I'm not entirely sure of the appeal of playing The Division solo tbh. I do it for side missions and some main missions but it's so incredibly dull. The level design and enemy movement is made in a way to encourage team work. Seems Massive is all but subtly forcing people to link up.

D1 was great for team work everybody was using mics and if you didnt you were kicked from the group. Division works best that way and I think thats the way they want to go now as well. Especially if you want to do challenging and heroic missions, you deffo need someone who is healing or doing crowd control.

But I do solo bounties and CPs but maybe I should group up but I dont have the time now to spend a few hours doing CPs and bounties with a group.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Advertisement