Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Nah, I much prefer to just log in myself and chill.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I totally agree about the global event, who @ massive thought it could be fun?
    Ive put a lot of time into the game for obvious reasons lately and have a nice few builds going, some only partially complete others closer to complete.
    My shield Rifle build is probably my closest to max potential, insane damage as seen in a quick vid i put up few days ago.
    Other than that i really enjoy my patriot LMG build, incredible self sustain, lower damage ofcourse but amazing for solo heroics.

Probably the most fun im having is with my skill builds, one is an endless cluster mine build with superfast skill cooldown and backed up with the sniper turret which hits like a truck and the exotic holster that sets enemies on fire when they get close is a godsend with the pyromaniac talented AR.
    Its the only time i pop out of cover as the rest of the build revolves around cooldowns from skills when im in cover plus the shotgun that gives a boost to skill damage once in cover too, very fun build and a lot more tactical experience than other builds.

I also have a variant of this build but with mortar turret to proc bleed on groups of enemies then i mow them down with sadist talented LMG.
    Great fun too if you want to shoot enemies aswell as using skills.

As for solo play yeah i mostly play solo especially working on builds but a few gaming buddies who play nothing else are always around on discord doing group content too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I enjoy solo - I do missions with others to complete specific objectives though.

On builds, I still haven't a clue what I'm doing. Got all 6 striker and equipped but didnt really like it.

Really could do with help on builds and increasing my DPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

more unscheduled maintenance from 4 CET which I think is 3.
    They're pushing me towards COD at this rate

Dcully wrote: »
    the sniper turret which hits like a truck

Yeah except it never reliably hits things though. Striker drone is where it's at right now.
    Keyzer wrote: »
    On builds, I still haven't a clue what I'm doing. Got all 6 striker and equipped but didnt really like it.

Really could do with help on builds and increasing my DPS.

I'm not surprised since gear sets only need 4 pieces now like they originally did, so you wasted 2 slots.

They simplified building quite a bit since the patch so if you just go watch any youtube DPS build you should understand it straight away.

• Advertisement

@ Rob2D sniper turret can be inconsistent at times, seems to struggle with hitboxes of enemies when they translate between cover and out of cover for a split second it can miss but time your shots and its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

unrelated but scenes of NY today reminded me of TD1 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

KilOit wrote: »
    unrelated but scenes of NY today reminded me of TD1 :eek:

The dollar flu is here, baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I did a Challenging Mission with a group of 3 players I didnt know and one guy ran through the mission destroying enemies.

Got a video capture of hims loadout at end - He must be cheating. I thought the DPS glitch was fixed?! This was an hour ago...

he has the exotic shottie which can melee one hit kill non elites
    challenging isn't really that challenging with the right build
    don't get me wrong I can still get turned inside out just roaming around in the open world on hard but if you have the right build and take it careful it's really straight forward

yer man has a pretty solid glass cannon build
    bakers dozen - check
    sharpshooter for extra headshot damage - check
    exotic mask - check
    perfect glass cannon on chest - check
    vigelence on the back pack check
    I expect he has the contractors gloves and the foxs prayer knee pads
    That's effectively my GC build

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    he has the exotic shottie which can melee one hit kill non elites
    challenging isn't really that challenging with the right build
    don't get me wrong I can still get turned inside out just roaming around in the open world on hard but if you have the right build and take it careful it's really straight forward

78 Million Damage is obviosuly a cheat - even for a signature weapon!

sticker wrote: »
    78 Million Damage is obviosuly a cheat - even for a signature weapon!

yup , I didn't see the damage. His Bakers does 2.5M, mine does around 525K, I think 2.5M with a crit headshot

Yeah that's for sure the glitch. They fixed one of the exploits but there's one or two more. I tried one last weekend and ran a couple Heroic's to test it out. It makes things quicker, but tbh with a good GC build like that, it's not going to make much difference. It doesn't make things any easier because you're still taking damage just the same. I was a bit disappointed really! :pac:

more frigging unscheduled maintenance. normally that's not an issue but COD decided to update at the same time and the PSN will struggle to complete that in the next hour. I accept these are first world problems but they're MY first world problems.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    more frigging unscheduled maintenance. normally that's not an issue but COD decided to update at the same time and the PSN will struggle to complete that in the next hour. I accept these are first world problems but they're MY first world problems.

Agreed! :D

Ugh not looking forward to doing more polarity tonight. But I'm so close to the exotic cache.

I not really a fan of all these new leagues and seasons. It's too much. I looked there yesterday and there's a new event pretty much every week from now on. It's like, I just want to play the game thanks, I don't want all this side filler.

The league was ultimately infinitely less annoying than polarity. Special shout out to get ten grenade kills and shock three of the same polarities at once (although this was easy once I figured it out).

Got a god rolled Liberty pistol which seems to do the same damage as my baker's dozen and a nicely rolled merciless. 13% damage, 12% crit damage and god rolled crit chance

I got a fully god rolled Nemesis.

I didn't bother with those polarity ones. Just did the easy things and as soon as I unlocked that exotic cache I peaced out.

Pity nemesis is useless now :)

Dcully wrote: »
    Pity nemesis is useless now :)

'Tis a lovely lookin' rifle.

Got my Bullet King today. Oh boy is that gun a good time. It breakes the game :D I thought it was unlimited though, I didn't realise you can actually run out of ammo! I ended up facing down a Black Tusk squad with nothing but my dick in my hand :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Man that sniper turret hits like a train. :)

Got myself a tech build that I think is quite good. Lvl6 and spiked and that other talent that adds a 20% for 3 seconds, takes down named guys in a breeze. I hit the firing range and it was dealing 6 million on some of the head shots when I had every thing proc'd.

Just sit back and let my seekers hit for 2 mill each as well.

Got the sweat dreams also tonight.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Rob2D wrote: »
    'Tis a lovely lookin' rifle.

Got my Bullet King today. Oh boy is that gun a good time. It breakes the game :D I thought it was unlimited though, I didn't realise you can actually run out of ammo! I ended up facing down a Black Tusk squad with nothing but my dick in my hand :pac:

I got really lucky with getting both the bullet king and the pestilence in the same run of tombs.
    The pestilence is great fun, spreading poison everywhere, pity its not a status effect as one could spread its poison damage even more but alas as it is its down to your weapon damage how much poison damage you output.
    Works great with true patriot set.

Man that sniper turret hits like a train.

Got myself a tech build that I think is quite good. Lvl6 and spiked and that other talent that adds a 20% for 3 seconds, takes down named guys in a breeze. I hit the firing range and it was dealing 6 million on some of the head shots when I had every thing proc'd.

Just sit back and let my seekers hit for 2 mill each as well.

Got the sweat dreams also tonight.

Really enjoying skills builds too.
    Try to get The Send-Off shotgun from tactician field research lvl 4,it has perfectly rooted talent , while in cover all skill damage and healing is increased by 30%for 15s.
    Combine this with skilled talent on chest for skill kills have a 25% chance to reset cooldowns and tech support talent on backpack skill kills increase total skill damage by 25% for 20s.
    You can see the synergy here and its great with sniper turret and cluster mines, so often you can spam mines and snipe enemies with turret :D

If you want you can add spike talent to your main weapon headshots grand 20% skill damage for 8 seconds.

Use this then go into cover and let rip, mass destruction :D

Still the best raw damage build in the game is the sniper shield build with focus chest , increase total weapon damage by 5%every second you are aiming while scoped with an 8x scope up to 50%.

The trick is use this with crusader shield , it acts as if your scoped in with your 8x from marksman specialization but your in 3rd person :D

Combined with concussion on backpack ,headshots increase total weapon damage by 10% for 5s headshot kills increase total weapon damage by 15% for 10s.

Stack crit hit chance to 50% or even 60% [although not essential] get a good M1A with boomerang or rifleman if no M1A just use the named M1A called Bakers Dozen.
    Sit back pop heads or even bodies and watch crits of 3-6 million with a rate of fire of 180rpm thats a lot of 3-6 millions :D
    Zoom in 8X if you like or just pull out shield and shoot in 3rd person.

Best DPS in the game right there.

I'm using perfect combined arms instead. At first I thought it might be a bit annoying to keep it going but it's actually fine when you get the hang of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Logged on to Destiny at the weekend after weeks away. Saw enemies on my radar, pressed L1 to send out a pulse. Threw. A. Grenade.

Derp.

They're actually banning people over the damage glitch. Chaos ensuing. Hilarious.

Rob2D wrote: »
    They're actually banning people over the damage glitch. Chaos ensuing. Hilarious.

If people are using it in PvP I'm fine with it. I'd agree with your earlier comments people using it in PvE are largely harmless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So an update from my previous post.
    I completed T1.

Then boosted to New York.
    Right decision, I'm enjoying the new map and missions.

All Eyes On Rafah

Advertisement