Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Rob2D wrote: »
    Well short of coming over to your house and building it for you there's not much else I can do:confused::confused:

That was a genuine thank you !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Keyzer wrote: »

Ah very well. Carry on then:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah Rob you went superdefensive, way too quick there. :)
    I couldn't get seekers / skill build to work or at least in a way that I wanted to use it over Glass Cannon I must compare it to yours later

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Must actually try and make a build at this stage or focus on something.

Not long completed the expansion dlc and so far have just been having fun killing, exploring and getting what loot I get.

BresKelly in game btw.

Just finished Venus there and she dropped something nice for me! :D:D:D

GEw4ocsl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Example builds can save you time, and the ones posted are great but also build for yourself. A build is only Meta if it works for your own playstyle and benefits your own skills. Once you have one that works for you to at least challenging then experiment. It's a huge amount of the fun.

The most effective vanilla build right now, especially solo, is damage. All weapon damage, specific weapon type damage, crit chance (to 60% cap), crit damage are additive, and then types like Damage to Armour/Out of cover/Headshots are multiplicative. Which ultimately bolis down to try for 50% additive, 50% multiplicative. You don't have to hit extremes here, at about 70% or so max across those you will walk Challenging, and can do heroic with careful play. When you have that, and/or have a strong group of regulars to play with, then experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I don't know lads it looks like the grenade is about the hit the building but speeds up and just phases through.

I don't know lads it looks like the grenade is about the hit the building but speeds up and just phases through.

It just bounced off the window frame and came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Anyone else having huge connection problems this morning have a rock solid internet connection but keep getting bumped out of the game

Today I'll be getting the blueprint for Savage Wolverine, its been a long and painful road (not really, just annoying).

It better be good.

• Advertisement

sticker wrote: »
    Anyone else having huge connection problems this morning have a rock solid internet connection but keep getting bumped out of the game

It's been very bad lately.
    Today I'll be getting the blueprint for Savage Wolverine, its been a long and painful road (not really, just annoying).

It better be good.

Oh man, I never do any of those things. And I should. I want that special KSG shotgun.

Oh man, I never do any of those things. And I should. I want that special KSG shotgun.

Just have to complete DARPA on hard and then its mine...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Further

Cool game! I would love to spend a couple of hours in it

Further wrote: »
    Cool game! I would love to spend a couple of hours in it

Hours? You need months...

Only kidding, why don't you get it? Great to pass the time while stuck at home.

Just have to complete DARPA on hard and then its mine...

Is this for the manhunt?

If so you can do the mission on Normal. Changing global difficulty no longer resets the manhunt and you can do activities on any difficulty, it will still progress your personal manhunt. This was confirmed by devs on Twitter the day Venus was made available.

If not, ignore me.

Got the Chameleon to drop on Neptune's bounty last night. Any decent build to use it with?

Is this for the manhunt?

If so you can do the mission on Normal. Changing global difficulty no longer resets the manhunt and you can do activities on any difficulty, it will still progress your personal manhunt. This was confirmed by devs on Twitter the day Venus was made available.

If not, ignore me.

Got the Chameleon to drop on Neptune's bounty last night. Any decent build to use it with?

Its the Firewall specialization, which is completely useless to me other than getting the Savage Wolverine.

ahh I see.
    Only on stage 2 of that specialization myself.

Good luck doing DARPA, apparently it's a real PITA but is getting scaled back in next update if you can wait.

Firewall is AMAZING. I use it for my Dark Zone and Tank builds.

And you are correct cheese, changing difficulty no longer resets anything. As for the Chameleon, I was also really excited to get it a few days ago and made a build straight away. But unfortunately it is straight trash. Maybe the worst AR in the game right now. It only becomes good once you get all the stacks up which is borderline impossible most of the time. It only really works well against black tusk heavies/robots. Things that soak up a lot of bullets. They really need to give it a bigger mag and reduce the stacks needed or just a straight damage buff. So disappointed.

As for DARPA it's not too bad in a group if you know the spawns and stuff. I ran it 4-man Heroic a few days ago with my sniper build and I was able to kill Brenner at the end before he even got down off the walkway. The other 2 DPS and 1 CC guy kept the ads busy. It can be a breeze if you're set up right for it.

I think I'm ready to start Legendary missions now, but I have no one to play with:( Sent out a couple messages to guys on my friends list, hopefully they come back to me. I could chance matchmaking but I assume that might just lead to heartbreak.

haha typical with my luck that I get an exotic drop and it's crap. Thanks for the breakdown though.

I'm at SHD 21 now and global difficulty only on hard which I find good for me in terms of balance. Not too easy but not frustrating. Still using a mainly red build as I build up my loot for other options but still have not purposefully farmed for anything in particular.

I am having fun which for me is the main thing.

Have finished the previous Neptune manhunt and starting Venus. Must say I have had mostly good experiences with matchmaking but again I am not playing meta endgame content so expectations are low.

Feels great when you are in a team with tank, cc and 2 DPS. The game play just flows much better.

Still using a mainly red build

As you should be. DPS is what works best right now in most situations. Just beware the glass cannon. I had to give it up on all but my sniper build. x60% incoming damage is too annoying.

• Advertisement

As you should be. DPS is what works best right now in most situations. Just beware the glass cannon. I had to give it up on all but my sniper build. x60% incoming damage is too annoying.

It's fairly rough in boss situations. I got to the end of the Keener mission with 2 randoms on heoric but the boss battle was a mare. Not helped by the fact one of the randoms was a proper eejit.

Oh wow, Black Tusk getting NERFED in the patched today. DARPA shouldn't be a problem for anyone anymore.

Its a tough trade off for the added damage but I swear by it for heroic and legendary DPS runs.

sticker wrote: »
    Its a tough trade off for the added damage but I swear by it for heroic and legendary DPS runs.

Nah I can't deal. Using blood sucker + intimidate instead. Gives me even more damage than perfect glass cannon plus a bunch of armour. No way I'm going back.

So it seems they only give you 12 loadout spots. I'm all out of build space :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I did something really F**king stupid....Im raging :confused::confused::o:o:(:(

For some reason I reset (reactivated) the manhunt missions, all I had to do was DARPA and I was done.I really don't know what the **** made me press the reactivate button for the Manhunt. I wasnt even drinking!

I had just come out some random mission just testing a new load-out and went to do DARPA but couldn't see the yellow symbol and then saw the button press X to reactivate the Manhunt which I thought I had to do....but no it resets the entire f**king thing back to square one.

Nearly threw my elite controller through the 75 inch:mad::mad::mad:

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I did something really F**king stupid....Im raging :confused::confused::o:o:(:(

For some reason I reset (reactivated) the manhunt missions, all I had to do was DARPA and I was done.I really don't know what the **** made me press the reactivate button for the Manhunt. I wasnt even drinking!

I had just come out some random mission just testing a new load-out and went to do DARPA but couldn't see the yellow symbol and then saw the button press X to reactivate the Manhunt which I thought I had to do....but no it resets the entire f**king thing back to square one.

Nearly threw my elite controller through the 75 inch:mad::mad::mad:

There's your problem right there! Drinking allows you to make reasonable logical decisions

You are not the first or the last person for that to happen to.
    That option seriously needs a rename to Reset or something.

Reactivate assumes something happened and you need to reactivate your manhunt progress. So unintuitive in its current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

You are not the first or the last person for that to happen to.
    That option seriously needs a rename to Reset or something.

Reactivate assumes something happened and you need to reactivate your manhunt progress. So unintuitive in its current form.

Yeah Reactivate in my brain means "continue" with the manhunt, not RESET the whole thing from scratch.....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

So I've been farming the Bullet King for a solid week now. Running Wall Street in a group of 4 on Heroic - maybe 50 runs. :eek:

I had a nasty experience last night. A team with a twat running ahead and tossing up the run. Asked him to wait and knock it off and got kicked - even though I had a huge number of kills - by far the most damage with my turret. Right at the end Boss...

Anyway, woke up this morning and it finally dropped - great rolls.

It is absolutely shreddiing all emenmies - even in my skill build.

DELIGHTED! :D

The Cleaner holster exotic is my next target to get a burner build going...

By the way, word has it we can roll our old exotics from 30 to 40 in next title update!!! - Glad I kept mine - especially my Eagle Bearer! We can reroll one spec in the exotic also...

222.jpg

• Advertisement

I finally got a Merciless to drop last night doing the Arena speedrun. Shame it's kinda trash though.

Advertisement