Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Dcully wrote: »
    I pretty much run this exclusively now, bare in mind i have 7 builds i can easily solo heroic missions and control points etc and nothing can beat negotiatiors for clear speed.

The chest and backpack are essential, your doing it wrong with pestilence as pestilence ticks are not crits, the spread damage from negotiatiors is only crit damage, ie every time you crit a marked target up to 5 marked targets take 100% of that crit damage. [ you need chest and backpack for this]
    Use a god rolled bulletking or MG5 and watch content delete.

My best two single target DPS builds ie M1A and MG based builds deal about 25% more damage to a single target than negotiatiors but the magic is making sure you have maxed crit chance then hit 5 targerts even shields and turrets can be marked.
    Thats 5x targets with only -25% of close to max single target damage in the game #, thats a hell of a lot of damage.
    Im never lower than 1200M damage in heroic missions with this build, usually closer to 1700M damage.

No other build in the game has such clear potential imo.

Can you share the build? Is it like this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thats the one without chest and backpack,its the same idea but with chest and backpack you spread damage to 5 targets instead of 3 and 100% crit damage to each of these targets instead of 60%.

Heres one close to the one im talking about.

Main difference in mine is im running ceska kneepads to get max crit chance which is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

as pestilence ticks are not crits

Correct, they are skill damage I think??? Might be why it does so much work with my skill builds.

What does travel with ND though is the explosion from Merciless. So you could have some fun with that. Shame the damage is kinda trash though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Never thought of merciless tbh , i have a god rolled one too :P
    Recoil will be too much id say.

I think the pestilence is just weapon damage ticks.

Some lads are gas:

A605ZJXh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The chest and backpack are essential, your doing it wrong with pestilence as pestilence ticks are not crits, the spread damage from negotiatiors is only crit damage, ie every time you crit a marked target up to 5 marked targets take 100% of that crit damage. [ you need chest and backpack for this]

Hmm, 'doing it wrong' ? Nope :). The extra toxic does not crit, but the bullets do just like any other weapon. So that extra toxic damage is not a part of the ND improvement but is not in anyway reduced by it. Pestilence+NG has the benefits of both and anything you didn't mark within 25 meters gets an aggregated toxic blast of all 5 target's ticks combined. It's lovely to watch a max tick toxic bubble jump to and kill anything in range after the initial group is wiped.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Looking at my hard wired build and swapped in the exotic back pack. Ok I lose the improved cooldown for force feedback but it's 20 seconds anyway and my skill haste is over 100% so everything comes back fast anyway.

Hadn't used the exotic BP before TU9 and don't know if they changed it but it's fantastic. Overcharge for 15 seconds ever 60 seconds on throwing a grenade which is refunded is massive. Some of the buffs going from skill tier 6 to overcharge are huge.

It also gives an extra medpack, 3 grenades, skill effect, incoming repairs, ammo and and an extra perk over the hard wired packpack. Holey moley.

Spent most of the day in the Dark Zone trying to get a Gift. Finally got a useable one in the 4 or 5 I found.

I've also come to the realisation that the Mozambique Special might be low key the best PvP gun in the game........

Question, If I'm at level 375 SKD, does the new Home League progression or finishing the new Targets make any difference to me in terms of loot? I've unlocked the entire 100+ tree...

sticker wrote: »
    Question, If I'm at level 375 SKD, does the new Home League progression or finishing the new Targets make any difference to me in terms of loot? I've unlocked the entire 100+ tree...

Not unless you want the exotic cache or bag trophy, no.

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    Not unless you want the exotic cache or bag trophy, no.

Not bothered to be honest. Getting 2-3 exotics every day now. Just need the Dark Zone kneepads to round out the exotics. Most near God Roll. Not even going to bother with Big Horn.

Thoughts on this build??????

Following on from the fun I had yesterday with the Mozambique, I decided to throw together a run around Dark Zone build that might be fun in a bit of PvP too. I forgot to take a picture of the stats page but it's at like 37% crit chance and 47% crit damage with most of it being rolled into headshot 150-170% maybe. I would have liked to have one more blue maybe but this is just what I had on hand.

It's half my sniper build plus bits I had in stash. I thought Trauma on the chest might be fun to annoy people and then an Anarchist Cookbook bag to compliment that. EMP to take down people's shields/hives and my own Bulwark to go nicely with the Mozambique. Firewall of course for the medkit, fire on armor break and nimble style bonus armor.

The M700 is for landmark farming/distance PvP. The shotgun I could take or leave, not sure. I went with send off for the crazy range plus I like it staggers NPC's so I can run up and pistol them. Will give it a good test in the DZ later on hopefully.

eTzvFeQh.jpg

Just need the Dark Zone kneepads to round out the exotics. Most near God Roll. Not even going to bother with Big Horn.

Yeah I've been hoping for those too. Very rude people in the DZ who won't group up to open supply drops are annoying me though.

I was with a guy who got Bighorn there the other night. Very jealous :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've never used Aces and Eights, in fact I have only used two of the gear sets in Div 2. Negotiaters and Hard Wired. I've always found though if you're not using the full gear set 4 & 6 piece in Div 1 or 4 piece in Div 2 you are generally better off with a high end build.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've never used Aces and Eights

It's great. The headshot damage it gives you is multiplicitive. Get that DAMAGE:eek:

Flipping cards with the 4 piece is fun and can be insane if you bring a Nemesis.

Yeah I've been hoping for those too. Very rude people in the DZ who won't group up to open supply drops are annoying me though.

I was with a guy who got Bighorn there the other night. Very jealous :o

I feel the exact same. DK is a sewer if you matchmake. I love PVE and run all my missions and checkpoints at heroic but the DK is foul. Maybe we should setup a Boards DZ run some evening?! I've always group matched with strangers but never with mates. No Division players amongst them...

Thoughts on this build??????

Following on from the fun I had yesterday with the Mozambique, I decided to throw together a run around Dark Zone build that might be fun in a bit of PvP too. I forgot to take a picture of the stats page but it's at like 37% crit chance and 47% crit damage with most of it being rolled into headshot 150-170% maybe. I would have liked to have one more blue maybe but this is just what I had on hand.

]

If you have the freedom to I'd lose what crit you have in favour of headshot damage, 37% of 47% is around 17% average. You can easily go over that with one full Headshot perk and a mod, and as you said Headshot damage (all) is multiplicative. I played around with a 4 pc Aces and min-maxing probably to about 80% of what I'd like. Kept Focus (50% extra damage with a n 8x+ scope) on the chest and composure on the Backpack (15% dmg in cover). 80% all weapon, 55% Marksman, 300% headshot, crit pretty much non existent. Two headshots from the Nemesis would take a challenging Rogue.

511328.jpg

Snap! We have almost the same build. I don't bring the Nemesis though, it's not really practical. My M700 has preservation on it so that's much better to have to get all your armor back quick. Now that I have The Gift I might look into swapping around for an Araldi chest.

7WvUSlMh.jpg

CA0bBINh.jpg

Although I'm leaning more towards the Punch Drunk mask these days. You don't get the big payoff damage but you have a bit more base damage all of the time.

mfXFVKph.jpg

CsUyjCkh.jpg

Nice build Creed...

Here is mine for reference - Pretty much all DPS But I run my skill build primarily.

Check out this lunatic DPS I hooked up with yesterday for stats!

Had a good kill run this morning on Heroic Invaded!

Edit - 330% Headshot damage - Damn Rob! - You on PC for accuracy?

Must try that aces build... might have the gear but on ps4 it might be tricky to play

Pffft, this guy over here with his videos and production values :pac: Show us up with our static images.
    330% Headshot damage - Damn Rob! - You on PC for accuracy?

Yup, but this is all the accuracy I need:

OMpYx9oh.jpg

Blowin' up mouse fools everyday :cool:

LOL, a jest. But I do OK for myself. All those Manhunts I killed yesterday would be pretty salty if they knew they died to a pad player.........

• Advertisement

Yeah the Nemesis is essentially the Named killer. For general use it's both overkill and a little too clunky with the chargeup time. And when using it the 4th piece card flip bonus is of less use, similar for any high impact but low RPM weapon since that talent is based on the number of hits (which will be relatively slow), and if you're hitting with it consistently enough to be useful they're pretty much already dead so the extra damage becomes moot. Similarly (again :) ) I have a White Death I swap in. I might go back to it this week and do some more farming and tuning to see just how extreme it can go.

LOL, a jest. But I do OK for myself. All those Manhunts I killed yesterday would be pretty salty if they knew they died to a pad player.........

But...but....WHY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD....

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    But...but....WHY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD....

I like to chill back with the pad. Division is a chill game.

Aye, it's my weekend go-to usually with but there are options for K+M and chilling out :).

511340.jpg

Yes I do need to actually use that duster in the corner some day...

I have a Roccat too! And a fellow TV user I see.

I like to chill back with the pad. Division is a chill game.

What specs are on your backpack Rob? Trying to reach that 300% headshot dmg. Stuck at 230%!

Can you post your build in detail perchance?

I have a Roccat too! And a fellow TV user I see.

Indeedy. When I built out the man-cave I figured having the TV hooked up to the PC would be handy for any media the TV couldn't handle natively. Now the only time I use my monitors is for work.

Can you post your build in detail perchance?

tkYOVQyh.jpg
    HIqvlw0h.jpg
    o4yWZzCh.jpg
    B4qxSdWh.jpg
    o4yWZzCh.jpg
    9hcwc89h.jpg
    RZxOFCfh.jpg
    iEMMV8vh.jpg
    uaIcxrVh.jpg
    4yYh6wgh.jpg
    Nvkxo1Fh.jpg

Cheers Rob

• Advertisement

Oh I fogot the scope on the M700. Although I changed a couple of the gun mods and it didn't seem to affect the number in the stats page. I dunno.......

Advertisement