Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

7WvUSlMh.jpg

What backpack is this Rob?

Edit.. great headshot mods... so the white death is the secret is the rifle for headshot damage... I have 2 but never paid them much attention. Always went first for the M1A1 or bakers D.

By the way you can squeeze more out of that holster at recal table!

What backpack are you running in latest build?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

White Death has the highest headshot damage multiplier, but the Nemesis still does more headshot damage (since it's base is much higher). Still the WD is much easier to use in most situations and will usually get the job done anyway, it depends on how aerosolised you want the enemy's noggin. Swapped out the Aces gloves for another Airaldi, now running at 366 Headshot dmg with the WD :D . Stlll some pesky crit and handling to eventually tune out of the way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

sticker wrote: »
    What backpack is this Rob?

Edit.. great headshot mods... so the white death is the secret is the rifle for headshot damage... I have 2 but never paid them much attention. Always went first for the M1A1 or bakers D.

By the way you can squeeze more out of that holster at recal table!

What backpack are you running in latest build?

Edited the post with the bag. And you're right I can squeeze that holster!

OK so here's a puzzle for the smart people. Because I don't know how numbers and stuff work in this game.

I was messing around with that build again trying to fit in a blue and figured I'd try to do high end like gimli said for the craic.

So with the 3 green aces pieces, my pistol is at 258.4% HSD. Or 260% rounded up to make it easy:

OhqVedah.jpg
    RwEce0Jh.jpg

Now, I figure if I remove those 3 greens, I'll lose 50%ish HSD (rounded up). 10% rolled on each piece, plus the 20% bonus from the 3-piece. 10+10+10+20=50. Grand.

So I plan to replace that with 3 pieces, a blue and two Araldi. HSD rolled on each. So I should get back 10+10+10+10(Araldi bonus)=40%. Grand. My brain is happy with this. I proceed:

PDN9LYQh.jpg
    eHqrXlSh.jpg

Notice I am only left with 210%..........My brain is now sad. I somehow lost 50% headshot damage even though I put 40% back in????????

I thought maybe it had something to do with the loss of weapon damage. So I put in a red instead of the blue, but the same result......

So where did all my headshot damage disappear to?

I did some basic number crunching and it looks like the +20% headshot damage bonus from 3xAces is multiplicative against the normal Headshot total. So it's not HeadshotOther+20% it's HeadshotOther*1.2 . There were still some smaller discrepancies in scenarios I used but without spending a lot longer on it this is the biggest take away, 3xAces bonus should be titled 'Amplifies Headshot Damage by 20%' not '+20%' as it currently states.
    Simple test btw to confirm: 3 piece on, remove a Headshot mod from a non-Aces piece, compare the value of the mod to your global loss, I was getting about 1.2. Same test when already at 2 Aces and it was linear.

• Advertisement

Finished my build this morning - Managed to squeeze 370%+ Headshot Damage - Need some better mod rolls for HSD... Cheers for lead on this Rob :D

2020-04-30_13-23-12.png

Managed to squeeze 370%+ Headshot Damage

How did you find so much more:confused:

Rob2D wrote: »
    How did you find so much more:confused:

See my video above for entire build...

Have to say I tried it out and its not for me. Back to my Skill/Convbentional DPS builds with Crit.

See my video above for entire build...

I did, but I didn't spot it.........

So I had a weird event last night. I'm used to, and look forward to, NPC Rogues showing up at CP takeovers. You've probably all experienced it but the norm is if they are going to appear it will be when the last defense-wave enemy goes down, and the CP itself won't transfer ownership until either they or you are dead. Essentially they are a 3rd wave to defeat. Anyway I was doing a few hours of CP clearing and after leaving one and heading towards the next I noticed a friendly resource convoy in conflict on the way, turns out it was against 2 rogues. Since they not only weren't at the last CP and I was able to take it fully it really does seem like they were just open world spawns. Odd, I thought they were tied to specific event types. Anyone else run into this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was doing a bounty and when I got to the dude I needed to terminate, he and his group we're fighting two rogues. It was a massacre. The bounty got sandwiched between me and the rogues and then we turned our attention to each other. Needless to say there was only one winner.

Actually I do need to say it was me. I was the winner. This is not always the case.

I don't get blueprints for checkpoints anymore. So how am I supposed to get the remaining ones?

Has anyone managed to do Wall St in 20mins??? I got close but I think I'm giving up.

I think you can get them from projects, daily and weekly ones.

Got the Pestilence in an invaded heroic. As I was god rolling it I realised I had all the bits for the chatterbox and god rolled that too, prompting me to say "excellent" in my best Mr Burns voice.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think you can get them from projects, daily and weekly ones.

Blueprints don't seem to be included in project rewards since the update??? Or maybe I'm blind.

Question... Do you Division players find yourselves locked to this game? I've been playing for a year now - getting a few hours a day and I'm maxed out in terms of loot etc.

I find it hard to break free and move on to another game.

Anyone else empathise? Do you guys play multiple games at once? As a 47 year old I wonder if its an age thing :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Question... Do you Division players find yourselves locked to this game? I've been playing for a year now - getting a few hours a day and I'm maxed out in terms of loot etc.

I find it hard to break free and move on to another game.

Anyone else empathise? Do you guys play multiple games at once? As a 47 year old I wonder if its an age thing :)

I have pretty much every piece of gear required for any build in the game at this stage.
    Im bored again now but this is a regular theme for me and division, this time round it took a lot longer to get to this stage however and a lot of gaming hours so im not complaining.

I play too many different games and different genres so im always rotating.

Only this morning i spent 2 hours racing on automobilista :)
    Few screenshots of the action :)

GtOTgBd.jpg

7QVcMOo.jpg

Question... Do you Division players find yourselves locked to this game?

Not really. I've just been playing a lot because of lockdown. Plus these season events have been running into each other so there's stuff to do. Once that ends I imagine I'll be on another big break from the game.

Got an exotic drop at the end of a Legendary yesterday. My heart skipped a beat........but it turned out to be a Merciless:mad:

Another guy got the Bighorn though. That's the second time I've seen someone get it.

Just completed my first legendary.
    I can't believe it's 1/2 4.

I play in spurts, Usually a few hours at the weekend if I've nothing else I'm deep into. If there's a major update then probably a few days before going back to the same routine. But I won't uninstall it, I didn't with Div1 over the years for the same reason.

I'm a definite nutter... I've resident evil 2, control, modern warfare, nioh 2, latest Ori... did I mention I just bought an ocolus quest for my gaming pc and have Half life Alyx... not touched also.

I just need to start something new...

As I wrote this Div2 loaded up in front of me... ?!

• Advertisement

Just completed my first legendary.
    I can't believe it's 1/2 4.

Which one?

Tonight, it wasn't a Merciless:cool::cool:

Rz5XBSrh.jpg

I have the RNG of a LORD

Which one?

District Union, it took hours. You really need a co-ordinated team. Randoms without mikes is insane. Still goes to show you they could have matchmade the raid

District Union, it took hours. You really need a co-ordinated team. Randoms without mikes is insane. Still goes to show you they could have matchmade the raid

District Union is not too bad on Legindary but for the open courtyard area. Aside from that patience and teamwork will ghet you to last stage where you can have multiple runs at the Boss.

aye that's why I picked it. I can't imagine I'd attempt Roosevelt Island, Capital Building might be ok. If you can do the invaded stronghold on legendary I won't be attempting that either.

aye that's why I picked it. I can't imagine I'd attempt Roosevelt Island, Capital Building might be ok. If you can do the invaded stronghold on legendary I won't be attempting that either.

DUA is the only feasible Legindary IMO. Island is OK but for end... Good crack in DUA with right team. Loot is absolutely ****e though recently.

you get an outfit for doing them all. we had one know it all in the team. He was directing us via text, using caps and exclamation marks when WHERE'S THE HEAL GIMLI, !!!!!!!! prompting me to mike up which put better manners on him

you get an outfit for doing them all. we had one know it all in the team. He was directing us via text, using caps and exclamation marks when WHERE'S THE HEAL GIMLI, !!!!!!!! prompting me to mike up which put better manners on him

I know the type! - Worse again are the rushers that just steam ahead and toss things up :D

District Union is not too bad on Legindary but for the open courtyard area.

You just run up to the top straight away and it's all good.
    I can't imagine I'd attempt Roosevelt Island, Capital Building might be ok.

Actually it's the other way around! Island gets easier the further you go, but Capitol.......:eek:
    Island is OK but for end...

What problem you had at the end????

• Advertisement

You just run up to the top straight away and it's all good.

We got wiped doing that but one lad stayed where he was. In the end we held the entrance, a strategy I was very much against. Both there and in the penultimate room, Mr Know it all and the other random went down leaving me and the other guy, who had a shield build, in a desperate battle for survival. I had next to no dps. It wasn't a lot of fun at the time.

The revive hive is brutal on cooldown. Each charge and I have six or seven of them has to reload before you can switch it, takes about a minute. It's ok if I pick it up but if I go down it's like six or seven minutes on cooldown. I prefer the restorer hive in groups.

Advertisement