Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1st gun licence

• 08-03-2018 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

About 4 weeks ago dropped in my registration for my 1st gun licence and about 2 weeks ago i had a meeting with the sergeant and he me the all clear. Im not expecting a fast process but want to know where does my application goe next

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

About 4 weeks ago dropped in my registration for my 1st gun licence and about 2 weeks ago i had a meeting with the sergeant and he me the all clear. Im not expecting a fast process but want to know where does my application goe next

To the super to be signed off. Can be anything up to 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jamesshooter

To the super to be signed off. Can be anything up to 3 months

Thanks for the reply. Even more time i have to wait to hit the crows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Sounds like you're pretty much there. The Superintendent who probably doesn't know you from adam will more than likely take his/her cue from the Sergeant in your locality who'll have a far better idea on who you are.

Waiting for the admin to be done is probably what you're at right now.

Sounds like you're pretty much there. The Superintendent who probably doesn't know you from adam will more than likely take his/her cue from the Sergeant in your locality who'll have a far better idea on who you are.

Waiting for the admin to be done is probably what you're at right now.

Thanks for the reply almost there so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭robbie mars

My young fella bought his first gun on the 13/1/2018 done his competency course on the same day.Application form left in that monday 15/1/2018. Was phoned and asked to have an interview with the super in dundalk on the 23/2/2018 the following monday he received his cert for his silencer.We are still waiting for his grant letter to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Is there a cert for a silencer? Thought it was a S on the licence?

I was told last week there are delays where stuff is printed

My young fella bought his first gun on the 13/1/2018 done his competency course on the same day.Application form left in that monday 15/1/2018. Was phoned and asked to have an interview with the super in dundalk on the 23/2/2018 the following monday he received his cert for his silencer.We are still waiting for his grant letter to arrive.
    Not too bad with time up your way so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Something sounds off there, whats this cert for silencer??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Is there a cert for a silencer? Thought it was a S on the licence?

I was told last week there are delays where stuff is printed
    aaakev wrote: »
    Something sounds off there, whats this cert for silencer??

Its a practice some stations cannot get out of.

I still get a "cert" or letter of authorisation for any suppressor i have form my Super. Most times the license comes with the "S" on it also, but on the occasions it does not i ring up immediately, explain the reason that An Gardaí/DoJ/law wanted it on the license and request a reprint. I have anew license with the "S" within the week.

The letter is still valid authorisation, but the reason for the "S2 is two fold:
    1. So any Garda checking your license can immediately see you are authorised to have one.
    2. That its recorded on PULSE because a letter is not. If your license has no "S" then it's not on PULSE. If it's recorded on PULSE the license is automatically printed with the "S".
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭robbie mars

Firearms grant letter arrived this morning happy days going to pick them up tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Hunter456

Firearms grant letter arrived this morning happy days going to pick them up tomorrow

that was a quick turn around well ware.

You got it fast enough so

Advertisement