Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting software

Options
  • 08-03-2018 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for recommendations for accounting software, we are a relatively small online store (Ireland only) with the large majority of our customers being retail (small amount are gov. agency)
    Shopify keeps good track of the money coming in and VAT in relation to that but I need to keep track of purchases (majority are in GBP, while I sell in EURO)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

hairyslug wrote: »
    I'm looking for recommendations for accounting software, we are a relatively small online store (Ireland only) with the large majority of our customers being retail (small amount are gov. agency)
    Shopify keeps good track of the money coming in and VAT in relation to that but I need to keep track of purchases (majority are in GBP, while I sell in EURO)

Thanks

Xero can handle multi currency (fx differences between the time of purchases and payment can affect the euro value) so it will reduce the f2f variance (not eliminate).

There are apps to connect shopify to xero too, but they and shopify can be unreliable. Also shopify needs to be watched closely.

It might be something you consider getting a bookkeeper or outsource, it can be tricky to reconcile on a monthly basis.

Advertisement