Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping beer from USA to Ireland

Options
  • 08-03-2018 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Had a quick google and I'll ring around the shipping companies tomorrow but I thought I'd try the good folk of boards.ie.

As part of my genealogy hobby, I recently discovered that the Hop Farm Brewery in Pittsburgh have brewed a beer in honour of my great great aunt who lived in the building the brewery is now based in.

Naturally I'd love to get my hands on a few bottles.

Has anyone tried shipping a few bottles (I'm thinking a dozen or so) from the States?

Thanks,

S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Seanba

shar01 wrote: »
    Had a quick google and I'll ring around the shipping companies tomorrow but I thought I'd try the good folk of boards.ie.

As part of my genealogy hobby, I recently discovered that the Hop Farm Brewery in Pittsburgh have brewed a beer in honour of my great great aunt who lived in the building the brewery is now based in.

Naturally I'd love to get my hands on a few bottles.

Has anyone tried shipping a few bottles (I'm thinking a dozen or so) from the States?

Thanks,

S.

How did it work out for you? Did you manage to get the beer? How much did it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Seanba wrote: »
    How did it work out for you? Did you manage to get the beer? How much did it cost?

Hi, was a non runner on two fronts. The beer was draught only and the crowd I got in touch with in Ireland to possibly ship it (I'd have to dig back through emails) reckoned I'd have to be getting a few crates to justify the cost.

I'm just going to have to head over instead ðŸ˜

Advertisement