Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the large factory across from Dunnes Cornelscourt?

• 08-03-2018 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

On the N11, visible from Dunnes Cornelscourt there is a large white warehouse/factory.

Does anyone know what it is?

There’s nothing on Google Maps and, from the road, I can’t read the name printed on the building.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

If its on the right going out of town it sounds like the Bank of Ireland. Training and some IT related services. I worked in the building briefly about 8 years ago. It's actually several buildings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They are on pottery road you are looking at BD beside Lidl or Pfizer across the road.
    You also have the national rehabilitation hospital. All three are large and visible from the n11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's probably the Amgen (formerly Pfizer) factory on Pottery Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Is this the one you can see clearly across from the higher end of Cabinteely park?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭RubyRoss

Could be Amgen I suppose, but on Google maps Amgen isn't visible from the road outside Dunnes.

If it's not pouring rain tomorrow, I'll go to Dunnes and take a picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,274 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Amgen isnt long built.

Not a great photo, but this is the view of it from the AIB in Cornelscourt.

Also noticed something odd on Google maps: a 'nightclub' called Seshlehem at 21 Beech Park Grove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

RubyRoss wrote: »

Exactly where were you standing when you took that photo? I scanned Google Streetview in the vicinity of the AIB at the Magic Carpet and can't see that building on the other side of the N11.

I still say Amgen.
    Also noticed something odd on Google maps: a 'nightclub' called Seshlehem at 21 Beech Park Grove.

Don't believe any labels you see on Google Maps, it takes about two years for them to correct stuff and that's when someone bothers to send them a correction.

Not far away on New Grange Road there is a boys' national school which on Google Maps is labelled 'St. Patrick's Girls National School'.

Here is their website, note 'bns' (boys national school) in the URL .... http://hollyparkbns.ie/
    Here it is on Google Maps... https://goo.gl/maps/ZMCdQTRixUk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Mystery solved then, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

that is just people taking the piss, naming their friends house. There was a "church" in ballybrack for a while, which was just a house they must have had lots of pissups in.

You can see lads have put reviews up

Response from the owner 3 months ago
    Thanks for the review Conor next time keep your pants on lad, things were just getting awkward with the ladies.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Seshlehem/@53.2716207,-6.1643321,17z/data=!4m7!3m6!1s0x486708610d60553b:0x509e379301a9cdde!8m2!3d53.271316!4d-6.16224!9m1!1b1

Advertisement