Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copper Gas pipe corossion?

Options
  • 08-03-2018 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was fitting a water filter under the kitchen sink and noticed a pipe carry mains gas to the cooker that was laid along the ground/ inside the outer wall. It's showing a reaction to the cold / moisture in that area but is this a serious issue? There's no smell of gas, 21 year old house. I'd have expected a builder to not lay bare copper like that but the builders in question weren't the best. I'm waiting on a professional to have a look but they're busy, thought I'd ask for observations here.....
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

mike_2009 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was fitting a water filter under the kitchen sink and noticed a pipe carry mains gas to the cooker that was laid along the ground/ inside the outer wall. It's showing a reaction to the cold / moisture in that area but is this a serious issue? There's no smell of gas, 21 year old house. I'd have expected a builder to not lay bare copper like that but the builders in question weren't the best. I'm waiting on a professional to have a look but they're busy, thought I'd ask for observations here.....
    Thanks

It should be clipped every meter or so, definitely not lying on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Not great for it to be in direct contact with concrete - if its damp then it will speed up the reaction.

Advertisement