Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Question

Options
  • 08-03-2018 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I recently built an extension to rear of home so my original back door inertia and reed is now obsolete but I extended the cable to new back door but with profile of new door I would prefer to swap inertia and reed for a basic contact sensor, is this possible and easy to do?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes you just wire the zone pair across contact only instead of inertia & contact.
    I would leave both though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 RaymoS2

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes you just wire the zone pair across contact only instead of inertia & contact.
    I would leave both though.

I would if I could but the curved inside profile of my new back door would keep inertia too far away from the opening door contact. To put it on the curve beside door contact makes it look ridiculous and out of place but the narrow contact would look ok.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I have to agree with KoolKid, if you remove the inertia you are compromising your security.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You should have an inertia really. You can get them in brown as well as white (or spray it to match the door), so it might blend in.

Advertisement