Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nothing to see here, I swears

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Are you actually serious? My feelings are hurt on an internet forum because M!Ck^....

Hilarious
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Did he, he just called me a cock a couple posts up. Good lad

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Never change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Is there any update on an actual decision yet? Have the mod team discussed the arguement s made by the posters in this thread yet? I get that the mods are all volunteers but the match is the early Kick off tomorrow and a decision should really be made tonight.

• mosstin wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Never change.

Are you drinking? Wtf are you rambling on about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How about put a poll up and see what the majority of posters actually want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

How about put a poll up and see what the majority of posters actually want.

Even though i agree with this i honestly dont believe thats important on this site anymore. Otherwise things would be a lot different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Will the match thread be locked and Superthreads opened directly after full time...or is that dependent on who wins?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

While the super threads are locked will we be expected to post club news then in the match thread.

Makes no sense.

Just mod the match threads to the same standard as the super threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Made a poll

It'l probably be locked

POLL

ardinn wrote: »

edit: just a dodgy link actually :D working now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    While the super threads are locked will we be expected to post club news then in the match thread.

This is really the strange part and I'm surprised more people haven't focused on it.

Want to discuss Man United topics unrelated to the match tomorrow? Want to respond to ongoing discussions from the night before, ask about something tangential to the game or just post breaking news? Nope. Its match talk only. Because good luck actually discussing anything in a match thread.

Maybe non-match posting is low during games, but so what? Its the principle, its a discussion thread on a message board stopping posters from posting. That will work out just great long term I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

astradave wrote: »
    Gone already :pac:

MY FAULT - FIXED

ardinn wrote: »
    MY FAULT - FIXED

It’s easy to see which way that poll is going anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Will the match thread be locked and Superthreads opened directly after full time...or is that dependent on who wins?

Winners thread only is opened. Losers have to post in the other thread until theirs is opened 48 hours later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If this is going to be done right there should probably be two match threads. One for Liverpool and united fans, and one for the posters who love complaining about Liverpool and united fans. They’re awfully quiet on this given how much they love going on about the Liverpool/united stuff ruining threads.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

astradave wrote: »
    It’s easy to see which way that poll is going anyways

Yup absolutely no need for a poll to gauge where consensus lies on this one :)

Needless to say the threads officially won't be locked now and we can all just act like this never happened....

giphy.gif

I'm locking this thread now as it no longer serves any purpose. Thanks for the input and apologies for the way this has been handled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement