Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nappy keeps on leaking at the waist!

• 09-03-2018 6:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help. We brought home our newborn yesterday. He is 7 lbs 11 oz and we are changing babygrows and vests every 1-2 hours as they are wet at his waist on the right side. We are using pampers size 1. We looked his up and other parents who have had this problem went up a size. We did this and the same thing happened. Does anyone know what we are doing wrong? We have a 2 year old so aren’t novices but getting really frustrated that we can’t keep the baby dry. The nappy is only slightly wet. We are pointing his winky down wards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭jh79

Cerocco wrote: »
    Can anyone help. We brought home our newborn yesterday. He is 7 lbs 11 oz and we are changing babygrows and vests every 1-2 hours as they are wet at his waist on the right side. We are using pampers size 1. We looked his up and other parents who have had this problem went up a size. We did this and the same thing happened. Does anyone know what we are doing wrong? We have a 2 year old so aren’t novices but getting really frustrated that we can’t keep the baby dry. The nappy is only slightly wet. We are pointing his winky down wards

Try other brands, i've been told some are better for boys. Pampers are our least favourite. Tesco and Aldi Size 1 worked better for us but we have a girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We found the dunnes stores brand to be by far the best nappies. We were using the aldi Mamia brand ones but the honeycomb design kept sticking to his bum unless we slathered him with vaseline or sudacreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Are you tucking his penis down as you bring the nappy up over it? That could help

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

We had the exact same problem, exact! We had used Pampers with no.1 & then no.2 came along & kept wetting through. It seemed to wick up the side before being absorbed? Switched to Aldi & although still get very occasional leaks they just seem to fit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Are you tucking his penis down as you bring the nappy up over it? That could help

I was just going to post this!
    Make sure to point it down before you close the nappy, should solve your prob x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

There’s the solution to leaking nappies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Gee_G wrote: »
    I was just going to post this!
    Make sure to point it down before you close the nappy, should solve your prob x

Yep, I’m pointing it down

There’s the solution to leaking nappies

Last resort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Would definitely recommend aldi nappies for boys, I've 2 boys and on the first we had a tonne of pampers and always had this problem. Once we switched he was fine. Same thing happened with boy number 2, we got lots of pampers as part of gift baskets and didn't want to waste them and exact same thing happened. So switched again to aldi, problem solved. Cheaper too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I think the pampers nappies are quite narrow and suit kids with a slighter frame, way back when my eldest was a baby, I tried pampers and she always leaked. I switched to huggies and end of problem. When my second girl arrived I started with huggies but they didn't suit her and had to go to pampers!
    This was before lidl and aldi and before most supermarket own brands :)
    I use the Tesco own brand now, in the green pack, for my last 3 kids, boy, girl, boy and I've only had leaked issues when I need to go up a size.

Not related but I also use the Tesco own brand pull ups at night for my 3 year old. I can't remember which brand (pampers or huggies) in the pink package with Disney motifs but they made her skin really itchy, to the point she'd wake up crying and scratching. She's dry most nights so it wasn't a wetness issue. Took a while to figure out it was the pants as she gets eczema from a few things and we we're wracking our brains trying to remember what she'd eaten. Daddy got the Tesco ones shopping one day and the itching stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,600 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My son is nearly 2 and a half and we tried all nappies. We eventually settled on pampers as these suited best and didn't dig into him. However, pampers seems to have changed the last few weeks. We can only get about 3 hours out of the nappies before he is totally soaked through. I don't know if this is related to you now OP with thee newer pampers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We had to switch a few times depending on growth spurts. Mostly between pampers and Aldi in our case as their fits were best. Switching sizes we’d have to go to pampers first as they were slightly smaller then move to the Aldi once he was a few weeks in them

So in the end we tried the pampers size 0 and no more leakage. Our older fella is using the ALDI nappies so as soon as baba no 2 is big enough we r going to change him onto the ALDI to. Thanks everyone for the advise and suggestions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have two stringbean kids (4kg 5.5 week old barely in size 1, very tall 13.5kg 23 month old just into size 6). Sainsburys nappies were a good fit on both but baby had a bit of a reaction. Pampers fairly good too, just expensive unless you stock up during the baby events! Naty were terrible on the baby, way too wide for his almost non-existent bum. Aldi leaked all the time on the bigger lad until he was in size 5.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Sainsburys nappies are great but if you aren't near the north then Boots own brand ones and try size 2 instead of one.

Advertisement