Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phones not working for 4 days in Raheny, Dublin 5

Options
  • 09-03-2018 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Is anyone else experiencing a landline phone outage in Raheny, Dublin 5?  My 91 year old father is living on his own and his phone is out for the past 4 days.  Although his broadband is working, this means his emergency fob does not work.  It has been reported a few times but we have received no indication of when it might be repaired.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

QDF wrote: »
    Is anyone else experiencing a landline phone outage in Raheny, Dublin 5?  My 91 year old father is living on his own and his phone is out for the past 4 days.  Although his broadband is working, this means his emergency fob does not work.  It has been reported a few times but we have received no indication of when it might be repaired.
    Hi QDF ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭QDF

I suspect everyone who is on this forum is experiencing service problems of one sort or another with Eir. They have said that they cannot deal with me directly because of data protection rules. However, the service center was able to talk to my brother about it earlier in the week. Interestingly anyone in the area who has phone service from another provider is not experiencing any problems although it is the same infrastructure. They are aware that he is a vulnerable 91-year-old wbo buried his wife last week. The phone line is essential for his emergency fob to work. They expect a 91-year-old to create an account on boards.ie and deal directly with them. Shame on you Eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

QDF wrote: »
    I suspect everyone who is on this forum is experiencing service problems of one sort or another with Eir. They have said that they cannot deal with me directly because of data protection rules. However, the service center was able to talk to my brother about it earlier in the week.  Interestingly anyone in the area who has phone service from another provider is not experiencing any problems although it is the same infrastructure. They are aware that he is a vulnerable 91-year-old wbo buried his wife last week. The phone line is essential for his emergency fob to work. They expect a 91-year-old to create an account on boards.ie and deal directly with them.  Shame on you Eir.
    Hi QDF, 

I very sorry for your loss, I understand this is a difficult time. 

I completely understand your frustration here, however, this would be for data protection purposes. If your father contacts our customer care team on 1901, he can add you as a user to the account and we can then help you here. 

I'm afraid this is out of our control, I'm sorry I'm not able to assist further. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement