Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning a mobile phone to argos

Options
  • 09-03-2018 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,I bought a mobile phone from argos on Wednesday and it has been completely unusable since the i turned it on, I have downloaded 1 app which constantly freezes or knocks off also it says i half coverage but if someone calls me it goes straight to voicemail.If i turn the phone off and back on i then get the missed calls.

i have the box and the receipt and was wondering if i am entitled to a refund ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

I wasn't able to return a phone from argos a while back because I opened the box... I didn't even turn on the phone!! Good luck is all I can say...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shanno66

rizzee wrote: »
    I wasn't able to return a phone from argos a while back because I opened the box... I didn't even turn on the phone!! Good luck is all I can say...

Thank you, was the phone faulty ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Nope, still had the plastic protector and everything, the earphones and accessories were in plastic in the box too. They wouldn't accept that I received another phone as a gift so I didn't need that one as an excuse. I don't know whether ''change of mind'' was an excuse for them to reject it. Maybe they were right, who knows. I ended up selling it online anyway for a couple of euros loss. Had receipt and all.

I hope their policy has changed, I would never buy certain products from them now after that incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

rizzee wrote: »
    Nope, still had the plastic protector and everything, the earphones and accessories were in plastic in the box too. They wouldn't accept that I received another phone as a gift so I didn't need that one as an excuse. I don't know whether ''change of mind'' was an excuse for them to reject it. Maybe they were right, who knows. I ended up selling it online anyway for a couple of euros loss. Had receipt and all.

I hope their policy has changed, I would never buy certain products from them now after that incident.

That is completely different to the OP having a faulty phone. Yours was a change of mind with no recourse. The OP is entitled to repair, replace or refund.

OP you are not entitled to a refund, they may offer to replace it. Argos are usually quite good.

That is completely different to the OP having a faulty phone. Yours was a change of mind with no recourse. The OP is entitled to repair, replace or refund.

OP you are not entitled to a refund, they may offer to replace it. Argos are usually quite good.

Thank you, i"m going to head out now with it so fingers crossed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

Lets us know how you get on.
    I bought a moto e4 plus there on Sunday and its turned out to be a piece of crap.
    I'd really like my money back...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

vidapura wrote: »
    Lets us know how you get on.
    I bought a moto e4 plus there on Sunday and its turned out to be a piece of crap.
    I'd really like my money back...

You cant bring stuff back if you change your mind

If the product is faulty you are entitled to a refund replacement or repair

Brought the phone back and just explained the issues I had with it.Got a full refund, they barely looked at the phone.

Thanks for info guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Argos Customer service are usually a pleasure to deal with.
    I've returned 2 items in the past, without any hassle.

to the poster who said he wasn't allowed to return a mobile phone after he opened the box, due to change of mind, what did you expect?

If you bought a 'new' phone that had been previosly opened and used, would you be happy about it? of course not.
    So argos cannot resell that item at full value, and there is no reason they should be out of pocket because you changed your mind. thats not a reasonable expectation.

Advertisement