Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directors and staff won prizes in 30% of credit union draws

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

I would think there are two types of credit unions. Ones like the Teachers credit union or RTE's credit union. They'd (you'd think) run as part of the organisation and would have robust rules.

Others, like community CU's I would think (no hard evidence) that would be more fluid as to how they operated.

There is a lot of nonsense and ignorance about credit unions in this thread from purchasing tickets to the above. The Teacher's Credit Union, like the RTE's Credit Union, like Blackrock's Credit Union and like many other CUs are all part of the Irish League of Credit Unions. There is also a second organisation in Ireland of Credit Unions called CUDA, the Credit Union Development Association. Both organisations have robust rules and regulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Both organisations have robust rules and regulations.

And yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

There is a lot of nonsense and ignorance about credit unions in this thread from purchasing tickets to the above. The Teacher's Credit Union, like the RTE's Credit Union, like Blackrock's Credit Union and like many other CUs are all part of the Irish League of Credit Unions. There is also a second organisation in Ireland of Credit Unions called CUDA, the Credit Union Development Association. Both organisations have robust rules and regulations.

That may be true, but it doesn't mean that they were all abiding by the rules.

While most are there are a few exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭JohnC.

gjim wrote: »
    their mandate is to encourage a responsible approach to personal finances.

Is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The whole being entered into the draw without your consent is very worrying in my view.
    My local CU I suspect is gulity of this too. Immediate family winning in draws, being entered into the draw without consent and having to cancel your entry to the draw at few times before it is done.

Advertisement