Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Budget PC Purely for Video Editing

Options
  • 09-03-2018 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Asking on behalf of my father who is looking to get a new PC for video editing. He currently owns a Dell M90 dinosaur from 2007 and its certainly on its last legs!

1. What is your budget? €800 max

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Video Editing in 1080p. Nothing groundbreaking and I doubt he will be touching any 4k content.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?
    2x 1920x1080 monitors

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? Within 30 days

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Would prefer if it could come pre-assembled but I understand this will push up costs. If that's not an option, my brother and I can help him to build it.

Thanks in advance. He has looked around the bricks and mortar shops and seen some he likes but as expected, they cost a little more for what you are getting. I haven't been following the PC building scene for a number of years so have no idea what is currently available out there. Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement