Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get One Plus 5T

Options
  • 09-03-2018 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hey Guys, I am looking to make the move from iPhone to One Plus, I see that gear best is offering the One Plus 5t at a very good price,
    https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_1040247.html
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these phones? also, would I have to pay import Taxes on this? 
    Any info would be great,
    Thanks,
    F

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

They're a great phone, and the price looks good, but I'd factor in import taxes. It's 499 on the manufacturers website. Is it worth getting from gearbest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Not worth the €414 on Gearbests website IMHO. You might get caught for import taxes and the warranty is only with Gearbest for 1 year. Gearbest customer service is awful at the best of times.

If you buy from one plus directly there is no import tax and you get a 2 yr warranty with oneplus directly, I've had to use Oneplus customer service a couple of times for faults and alway found them very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

MarkR wrote: »
    They're a great phone, and the price looks good, but I'd factor in import taxes. It's 499 on the manufacturers website. Is it worth getting from gearbest?
    Would you know how much the import taxes would cost? I have gotten 1 thing off them in the past and it was grand, but it wasn't at such a high price, only thing is it Took ages to get here which kinda annoyed me, other than that I had no problem

davo2001 wrote: »
    Not worth the €414 on Gearbests website IMHO. You might get caught for import taxes and the warranty is only with Gearbest for 1 year. Gearbest customer service is awful at the best of times.

If you buy from one plus directly there is no import tax and you get a 2 yr warranty with oneplus directly, I've had to use Oneplus customer service a couple of times for faults and alway found them very good.
    Cheers for this, I didn't know about the warranty Thing, that's good to know, One Plus website sounds like a safer option alright!
    cheers,
    F

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Fox Hound wrote: »
    Would you know how much the import taxes would cost? I have gotten 1 thing off them in the past and it was grand, but it wasn't at such a high price, only thing is it Took ages to get here which kinda annoyed me, other than that I had no problem

Roughly €80 for import fees and then there is an admin cost (if you get caught) ontop that the carrier will charge you, i think it's €20-25 (not 100% sure).

• Advertisement

davo2001 wrote: »
    Fox Hound wrote: »

Roughly €80 for import fees and then there is an admin cost (if you get caught) ontop that the carrier will charge you, i think it's €20-25 (not 100% sure).
    Cheers for this,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

VAT would be €95. Admin would be €10 with AP and €15 with couriers. Also GB are scumbags.

The send the phone back for HD netflix shows how far OP have fallen. Cant really see the appeal in the 5T.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Advertisement