Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sort code and account number

Options
  • 09-03-2018 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I recently sent my sort code and debit card number (instead of account number) to someone in order to receive a payment. Will i still receive the payment or will it go elsewhere? 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Mackie3 wrote: »
    I recently sent my sort code and debit card number (instead of account number) to someone in order to receive a payment. Will i still receive the payment or will it go elsewhere? 

Thanks

Hi Mackie3,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

The payment would not reach you if you have given your card number. Please give your IBAN and BIC details to the sender in order for them to make this transfer to you. The transfer would usually automatically return to the senders account within five working days if they have transferred to an incorrect account number.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement