Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay pigeon shooting

Options
  • 09-03-2018 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I have to go clay pigeon shooting this weekend in a club, I've never done anything like this before and I don't know what to wear I'm a student on a budget and can't really go to buy new stuff that I'll never use again as this is a once off event, when I looked it up online it just suggested tweed and safety gear, the safety gear is provided, but would jeans be acceptable to wear or will I stick out like a sore thumb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

hsjsj wrote: »
    I have to go clay pigeon shooting this weekend in a club, I've never done anything like this before and I don't know what to wear I'm a student on a budget and can't really go to buy new stuff that I'll never use again as this is a once off event, when I looked it up online it just suggested tweed and safety gear, the safety gear is provided, but would jeans be acceptable to wear or will I stick out like a sore thumb

Wear what you want, it's all a bit of fun as long as you're safe and warm/dry.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Jeans, work pants, hoodie, jacket, boots, wellies, runners.
    Whatever you want, chances are it'll be muddy this time of year tho.

You'll get more funny looks if you turned up in tweed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hsjsj

Thanks I wasn't actually think of turining up in tweed, I just didn't now if a club cared what you wore, I figured it was semi fancy or something because of it being on club grounds and there being tea and stuff afterwards, but I guess I was probably over thinking it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CURIOUS4SNOW

Haha no thats more an english approach. Wear something comfortable but not too bulky. Its better u dont have too many clothes on and it can be hard to mount the gun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Reminds me of this :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Melodeon

garv123 wrote: »
    Jeans, work pants, hoodie, jacket, boots, wellies, runners.
    Whatever you want, chances are it'll be muddy this time of year tho.

This, exactly.
    Think presentable outdoor work activity type clothing and footwear.

Bear in mind too, any clubs or ranges that I know of strongly disapprove of (or outright ban) special-operator/walter mitty 'soldier'/insurgent dress up fancy dress outfits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Thanks I wasn't actually think of turining up in tweed, I just didn't now if a club cared what you wore, I figured it was semi fancy or something because of it being on club grounds and there being tea and stuff afterwards, but I guess I was probably over thinking it

You probably were over thinking it a bit. As the others have said, comfort is key. If you have something like a particularly comfortable fleece or jacket with fairly large pockets stick it on. You'll find it extremely handy to put your cartridges in.

Advertisement