Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biased Moderators

Options
  • 09-03-2018 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭

How can one post in a thread where the moderator of that thread has made it very clear they have sided with other posters ?

Surely those of us on the other side are immediately a disadvantage ? One wrong word and ban time.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi PeterParker957,

I've moved your thread to Help Desk as it deals with a specific forum and moderator actions based on that. Mods are advised not to moderate a discussion that they are actively involved in unless absolutely necessary.

The first step in response to a mod action is to PM the mod in question to try to come to some understanding as to why action is being taken. You can also PM the CMods if unhappy with the response or if you feel that a moderator is modding a discussion that they're involved in. If any moderator action has been applied that you're unhappy with, you can also go to the Dispute Resolution Forum, which is reviewed by a CMod - or an Admin, if necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Thanks - I did reply as to why I was permabanned from AH for calling someone clearly trolling, a troll when i noticed a Mod calling someone that - I PM'd them and their reply was basically "because we can!".

Advertisement