Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Post nail their man yet again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Pity they are not keeeping an eye on the staff

https://www.gillbooks.ie/biography/biography/tony-10
    Tony 10 was the online betting username of Tony O'Reilly, the postman who became front-page news in 2011 after he stole €1.75 million from An Post while he was a branch manager in Gorey. He used the money to fund a gambling addiction that began with a bet of €1 and eventually rose to €10 million, leading to the loss of his job, his family, his home - and winning him a prison sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They used to post up pictures of weird letters and parcels.

For eg, a letter adressed to Jim, yellow bungalow, Roscommon.

You'd what's going through the mind of the sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DefinitelyMarc

"(H)an" the post! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Yeah they are amazing...they even managed to deliver a registered package for me to someone with a different name a hundred miles away...and I never got it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Some lads.

Was waiting on a delivery one morning and was amazed to see a "sorry we missed you" notice being pushed through the letterbox flap, particularly as the doorbell hadn't gone.

I opened the door just as your man was scurrying away. I called after him and said I'd take the parcel. Lo and behold the parcel was not in the van. Your man mumbled incoherently as he got in the van and sped away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I share the same name, village, and county as another guy who lives about 5 miles away. The obvious difference between the two of us is the first line of the address which are two completely different townlands.

If the regular postman if off, you can be sure my post will go to him or his post will go to me. The doubly annoying thing is this fella loves to bring me my post after he's opened it and had a good aul read, just to be fully sure it isn't for him like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Storytellers in the marketing department, more like.

Kinda amazing how a parcel gets a note attached with just enough of an address hint ... and no clues how the note got there. And a story accompanied by a pic of a random unnamed lad in an operational area that the public won't be in.

I've give it a 2/10 - simply too far-fetched to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

They might even start delivering the mail that they are hanging on to for months from Singapore, Hong Kong and China yet.
    Hopefully the media will be around to take a few pics of that...if it ever happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Storytellers in the marketing department, more like.

Kinda amazing how a parcel gets a note attached with just enough of an address hint ... and no clues how the note got there. And a story accompanied by a pic of a random unnamed lad in an operational area that the public won't be in.

I've give it a 2/10 - simply too far-fetched to be true.

And yet it got there. The explanation makes sense. It’s delivered to a small village where the local postie sees it as similar to previous deliveries and goes to the same address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You could make out Shane on the address and they gave the area so you are down to the local post office at that stage. It wasn't that far fetched that they worked out who it should go to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Some lads.

Was waiting on a delivery one morning and was amazed to see a "sorry we missed you" notice being pushed through the letterbox flap, particularly as the doorbell hadn't gone.

I opened the door just as your man was scurrying away. I called after him and said I'd take the parcel. Lo and behold the parcel was not in the van. Your man mumbled incoherently as he got in the van and sped away.

The blokes who start to run away as soon as they've rang the door bell annoy me greatly.

I always wondered why they did it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Sure didn't the postman successfully deliver a letter, back in the day, to Pat Spillane. All it had was Pat the Langer, Co. Kerry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Sore losers went straight to the Cork County Board also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Pity they are not keeeping an eye on the staff

https://www.gillbooks.ie/biography/biography/tony-10
    I am reading the book at the moment.
    The Gorey post office manager who took €1.75 million was first employed as a temporary postman.
    An Post internal auditors audited the branch a few times and found nothing amiss. The didn't "nail their man" in that case.

Advertisement