Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oranmore to Ballybrit (Galway) - how to commute

Options
  • 09-03-2018 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,
    What would be the best way to commute from Oranmore to Ballybrit? I dont drive so I'm considering cycling although it's 13 KM door to door and it has been a few years since I've cycled and I'm not near as fit anymore. I'll give it a try run this weekend.
    In the mean time I'll be starting a job in Ballybrit, so how can I commute in until I build my fitness up to cycle?
    Is there a reliable bus from Oranmore to Ballybrit? I only found a bus from Oranmore to GMIT as the closest stop. Could I bring a foldable bike on the bus and cycle from GMIT to Ballybrit?
    Is there another easier way that I've overlooked?
    Thanks,
    Jennychops

Comments

What are your hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ChipChop732

What are your hours?

Sorry, I should've said! Most of the time I start at 9am, but some weeks I'd start at 10am or 11am.

Get the 404 from Oranmore and get off just after the turn off to Doughiska where you can cross the road and get the 409

Get the 404 from Oranmore and get off just after the turn off to Doughiska where you can cross the road and get the 409

Ok, so 2 busses would get me there. Any idea how long it would take in total, like what time I would leave at to be in work for 9?

Jennychops wrote:
    Ok, so 2 busses would get me there. Any idea how long it would take in total, like what time I would leave at to be in work for 9?

Think the 404 leaves Oranmore at 20 to the hour so 7:40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭ratracer

You will be quicker cycling from Oranmore to Ballybrit than any other form of transport at that time. Traffic builds from the Galway Clinic roundabout and will take approx 30mins to get from there to ballybrit by car/bus/taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

ratracer wrote: »
    You will be quicker cycling from Oranmore to Ballybrit than any other form of transport at that time. Traffic builds from the Galway Clinic roundabout and will take approx 30mins to get from there to ballybrit by car/bus/taxi.

Downhill all the way home too

If you are planning to cycle, you will be quickest choosing that over anything else at the that time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

seconded

dok_golf wrote: »
    seconded

Great thanks everyone! I'll have to get working on my fitness now! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement