Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KEROSENE PRICES IN SLIGO

Options
  • 10-03-2018 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I buy my home heating oil by the barrel, usually three or four drums at a time, I have noticed over the past few weeks that some garages have hiked up their prices big time.

Does anybody know the cheapest prices around Sligo? I know Sligo Fuels are 71c per litre, and Parkes Garage in Ballysadare is 75c per litre.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

The general market price for kerosene has gone up - and that's all over Europe, not just sligo.

Europe has experienced a very cold few weeks causing huge demand for kerosene and thus the refineries have been charging a premium.

Give it 3/4 weeks and it will be coming back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

53 cent in Belleek

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

@Sligo camper, Is that the petrol station on the way into Belleek from Ballyshannon??

53 cent in Belleek

I doubt it as that's well below current wholesale rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jordi1910

The price in Belleek is probably 53 pence not cents

• Advertisement

Jordi1910 wrote: »
    The price in Belleek is probably 53 pence not cents

Nope . Belleck is in the north....! Doh.

20kg coal...selling for €5..

They dont do environment tax..

Black Bart wrote: »
    @Sligo camper, Is that the petrol station on the way into Belleek from Ballyshannon??

Ya. You pass by the first turn up to belek. Pass the petrol station. First gateway on left.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Ya. You pass by the first turn up to belek. Pass the petrol station. First gateway on left.

Whats the quality of the coal like?

Northern Ireland has no carbon tax and 5% vat on heating fuel. So would be about 15% cheaper for kerosene.

Similar for coal but higher difference as carbon emissions from Coal is high.

There's no issue bringing fuel across the border for personal use - same as nordies buying diesel in south because diesel duty is much higher in the north

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Nope . Belleck is in the north....! Doh.

20kg coal...selling for €5..

They dont do environment tax..

Should that not be £5.00, or £4.99 to be exact?

• Advertisement

Ridiculous! The savings you would make would be eaten up in the car fuel usage it takes to get to Belleek from Sligo and you can buy 20kg bags of coal in Sligo for €8!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

Yeah, but the petrol stations down here in Sligo are a complete rip off when it comes to the price of Kerosene at the pump. Parkes garage in Ballysadare 75c per litre.

I think it’s 80c plus in gulf in Collooney. Cheaper to get a delivery than paying pump prices, it’s a lot less per litre I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Buying at the pumps is mad expensive for heating oil. Average price for 500lts delivered is about 66c per lt. And you don't have the cost of collection from the pump either.
    Jones oil (and maybe other also) do a budget plan where you can spread your payments over the whole year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Black Bart wrote: »
    Yeah, but the petrol stations down here in Sligo are a complete rip off when it comes to the price of Kerosene at the pump. Parkes garage in Ballysadare 75c per litre.

Don't feel so bad, Kiernan Oil, who deliver home heating oil around Dublin, have a petrol station on the Crumlin Rd with a Kero pump and charge just over a euro per litre from the pump :eek:

Advertisement