Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do the main Property sites contain almost all residential property for sale in Irelan

Options
  • 10-03-2018 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Would it be reasonable to assume that daft contains almost all residential property for sale in Ireland?

From examining search results it looks like myhome has about 20% less properties, so is still a good representation of the population of residents property for sale, but just wondering if daft could be taken as the entire population?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    just wondering if daft could be taken as the entire population?
    The entire population that know how to use the internet. And I mean that in the nicest way, but luckily as most EA's use Daft, I'd imagine it covers most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

the_syco wrote: »
    fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    just wondering if daft could be taken as the entire population?
    The entire population that know how to use the internet. And I mean that in the nicest way, but luckily as most EA's use Daft, I'd imagine it covers most people.

That's a fair clarification. I, rather unclearly meant population of residential property for sale, not population of people, but your point clears my question up regardless. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭raxy

There are other sites where people advertise houses for sale that may not be there. Can't remember off the top of my head but I came across a couple & the houses weren't on daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

I found mine on my home . It was not on daft. I saw several properties on my home and not on daft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Sarn

Wesser wrote: »
    I found mine on my home . It was not on daft. I saw several properties on my home and not on daft

I saw the same. Daft always had fewer properties for sale compared to MyHome for the areas I was interested in. Best to use both sites to capture the majority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

+1 on MyHome. Usually if it was on daft it was on myhome but not always the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭LJ12345

Estate agents can post ads on both myhome and daft, whereas if a seller is trying to sell privately they can't access myhome, it's possibly the reason there's other sites for private sellers. It's worth keeping an eye on both and setting up alerts where you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

Currently (and have been for 4-5 months and I use:
    1. Daft
    2. MyHome
    3. Houses for sale by owner
    4. Property.ie

Most properties are on Daft. I think some EAs don't use daft and prefer MyHome. I have also found some properties on Property.ie which don't seem to appear on the others. Houses for sale by owner doesn't get new properties very regularly (probably because they don't advertise very much/well).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I have always "blanket bombed" ie emailed every agent in the areas I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Graces7 wrote: »
    I have always "blanket bombed" ie emailed every agent in the areas I want.

Welcome back!

Blanket bombed in relation to what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Welcome back!

Blanket bombed in relation to what?

Thank you ,and asking what they have on their books simply. There are still agents who do not use the web sites etc.
    It has worked for me re rentals in the past.

Advertisement