Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Sumup

Options
  • 10-03-2018 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Is any one else having problems with sumup
    I ordered a mobile terminal from them couple of months ago. I used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago the first payment was in my account within 4 days the second time I used it was 12 days ago and still no money in my account. They emailed me looking for a copy of the invoice and description of my business which I sent them. Now they want a link to my website or face book page which i promote my business with. I dont have either. I emailed them explaining that i don't have either and am not aware of any requirement to have them to run a business. I am a registered business with tax and vat registration but it seams that sumup have decided that i am not legally entitled to my funds and are not responding to my emails or my requests for them to call to discuss this. They are holding 1400 euro
    What are my options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Hi.
    I'd be interested to hear how you got on with this issue.
    I'm considering them but something like this would put me off.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭leonffrench

Hi guys. These are standard checks under central bank anti money laundering laws known as KYC or know your customer. They have a legal obligation to know who they are doing business with and this includes proof of business operation and can go all the way up to seeing accounts and stock levels etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

seanaway wrote: »
    Hi.
    I'd be interested to hear how you got on with this issue.
    I'm considering them but something like this would put me off.
    Thanks

I remember they requested some information from me first time when a bigger amount was paid. I remember them being slightly frustrating but once this was resolved everything is working fine. We don't get that many credit card payments but they are very handy and there is no monthly charge, I think they deduct around 2% so they work out cheaper for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

meeeeh wrote: »
    I remember they requested some information from me first time when a bigger amount was paid. I remember them being slightly frustrating but once this was resolved everything is working fine. We don't get that many credit card payments but they are very handy and there is no monthly charge, I think they deduct around 2% so they work out cheaper for us.

I was thinking it might be the large one off amounts ok. I'd be taking in small amounts llike 2.50/5euro. No idea how many a day but...
    Does it take long to get th emoney into your bank account do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

seanaway wrote: »
    I was thinking it might be the large one off amounts ok. I'd be taking in small amounts llike 2.50/5euro. No idea how many a day but...
    Does it take long to get th emoney into your bank account do you know?

About 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Alucan

Hi guys. These are standard checks under central bank anti money laundering laws known as KYC or know your customer. They have a legal obligation to know who they are doing business with and this includes proof of business operation and can go all the way up to seeing accounts and stock levels etc

Hi I am only seeing this now.

Just to be clear my business name is registered. I have bank accounts in my business name. I have finance agreements in my business name. I am registered for vat and tax in my business name. I sent them copies of advertising in my business name. The only thing I couldn't provide was a Facebook page and website page linked to my business. So they refused to release my funds. Why didn't they refuse to collect the funds ?
    I have no problem with whatever checks need to be carried out but surely these checks should be carried out beforehand and not when the are in a position to hold a large sum of my money. And when I tried to resolve the issue they didnt respond to emails or my requests for a call back. I couldn't find a number to call them on.
    I contacted the Irish ombudsman and while they did agree my funds should be released they have no jurisdiction over sumup because they are registered in the UK

But after all the emails amd letters with no response. When I started posting my experience on UK review sites. Out of the blue I got a call from a very nice man from sumup (I wonder why) and the issue was sorted in a couple of days. So obviously when they start getting bad reviews the standerd checks you referred to dont matter any more.
    So I got my money after along battle.
    Take from that what what you will.

Advertisement