Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

dodzy wrote: »
    Well guess what, just looked at my VF app there this morning and there she was: the student offer on my screen. Still not active though. But I’ve over 3GB of data and a shed load of calls and texts that I’ve picked up over a few calls - (the manilla crew don’t hesitate to load your account by the way), so I’m well covered. Looks like the wheels are turning though.

Getting there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

I ported last week. Waited 3 days for student offer and never got a free month. Topped up by twenty and it worked straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

I topped up Friday because the offer was added and no sign of the credit coming through, and I needed data.

Just got the free 20 quid top up there. So try and hold off folks if ye can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

lenoude wrote: »
    I topped up Friday because the offer was added and no sign of the credit coming through, and I needed data.

Just got the free 20 quid top up there. So try and hold off folks if ye can!

same here - now have €45 credit on my account having bought 20, got 30 free and spent 5 on 100 mins of calls.

What happens if I don't top up in 28 days and use some of my surplus credit to buy data? Will the offer remain in place for the following month?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭melikebanana

loyatemu wrote: »
    same here - now have €45 credit on my account having bought 20, got 30 free and spent 5 on 100 mins of calls.

What happens if I don't top up in 28 days and use some of my surplus credit to buy data? Will the offer remain in place for the following month?

I went over by one day, when I topped up the offer was still active.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I went over by one day, when I topped up the offer was still active.

You can let it lapse. The benefits will reapply the next time you top up.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

I have this offer up and running with over a week now..The 4g download speed is incredibly slow,in fact it's at best half the speed of the 3g on Vodafone.Is there any way of improving this?
    It can vary between 1.5 mbs and 14mbs but mainly is between 4-6 mbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭honda boi

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    I have this offer up and running with over a week now..The 4g download speed is incredibly slow,in fact it's at best half the speed of the 3g on Vodafone.Is there any way of improving this?

Out in sticks I'm getting a minimum of 40mbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

In the absence of any information, what you'd generally be asked is:
    https://willmyphonework.net/ to check your phone will have full 4G coverage on both bands.
    What network were you with in that phone before and what speed?
    Do you get faster LTE in the local town?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Mine was just activated! All good free €20 credit

• Advertisement

breathn wrote: »
    In the absence of any information, what you'd generally be asked is:
    https://willmyphonework.net/ to check your phone will have full 4G coverage on both bands.
    What network were you with in that phone before and what speed?
    Do you get faster LTE in the local town?
    The phone is a Huawei p8 lite 2017, it's network unlocked but was originally a Vodafone phone.
    I contacted tech support on the My Vodafone app and they reset my account.Download speed has increased to 21mbs.I tested it last Wednesday in the wilton area of cork city and was getting 47mbs.So I presume the speed in rural towns isn't as good as the cities.

The phone is a Huawei p8 lite 2017, it's network unlocked but was originally a Vodafone phone.
    I contacted tech support on the My Vodafone app and they reset my account.Download speed has increased to 21mbs.I tested it last Wednesday in the wilton area of cork city and was getting 47mbs.So I presume the speed in rural towns isn't as good as the cities.
    Yeah I'm in carrigaline,get 70 plus at times,even busy times I don't drop below 20 MB plus

Yeah I'm in carrigaline,get 70 plus at times,even busy times I don't drop below 20 MB plus

I'm wondering if pay as you go customers get slower speeds compared with those on bill pay.
    I had this issue also with ID mobile.
    When I switched from bill to PAYG the download speeds dropped dramatically, even with the same phone and same location.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I'm wondering if pay as you go customers get slower speeds compared with those on bill pay.
    I had this issue also with ID mobile.
    When I switched from bill to PAYG the download speeds dropped dramatically, even with the same phone and same location.

I'm on Vodafone PAYG and average 40-50MB around my home, with it sometimes hitting 70-80MB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I’ve been up and running since this morning. 4G at the house - 90mb/50mb. Superb; pretty much as it was while I was on a corporate account up until 2weeks ago.

I’ve been up and running since this morning. 4G at the house - 90mb/50mb. Superb; pretty much as it was while I was on a corporate account up until 2weeks ago.

Imagine going back 3/3 mb as I had on a good day with Tesco

Imagine going back 3/3 mb as I had on a good day with Tesco
    Absolutely. Vodafone are heads above the competition in terms of coverage; always have been. If this plan was mainstream, they’d pull a shed load of new customers, no question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Despite my ropey speedtest above, I watched 1080p Youtube videos on the Dart this morning, don't think I would've managed that on Eir (and definitely not on 3) so pretty happy so far.

All I can say is I'm green with envy.
    Having thought I had resolved my speed issue with the Vodafone tech support,my temporary increase in download speed was short lived. I'm back to square one with 3.36/15.0
    I can't figure out what the problem is.I'm disappointed to say the least.
    Thinking of going back to Lycamobile.Their 3G+ is far better than what I'm getting from Vodafone LTE locally.Plus it's 25gb per month for €15 with unlimited national calls and texts.

Having thought I had resolved my speed issue with the Vodafone tech support,my temporary increase in download speed was short lived. I'm back to square one with 3.36/15.0
    Thinking of going back to Lycamobile.Their 3G+ is far better than what I'm getting from Vodafone LTE locally.Plus it's 25gb per month for €15 with unlimited national calls and texts.

Has to be phone, congestion,or settings, honestly VF for me have come up trumps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

Has to be phone, congestion,or settings, honestly VF for me have come up trumps

Same for all numbers I have ported. Maybe worth borrowing another phone to see if it is the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Maybe try a factory reset and clear cache in recovery mode. Backup all files and apps of course.
    See if that makes any sort of a difference.

Maybe try a factory reset and clear cache in recovery mode. Backup all files and apps of course.
    See if that makes any sort of a difference.

A work colleague of mine who is also with Vodafone is getting similar results as me.
    I have tried another phone, same story.
    Must be network issue in my area.
    3g+ is giving approx 15/3 on average.4g is roughly half of that.

A work colleague of mine who is also with Vodafone is getting similar results as me.
    I have tried another phone, same story.
    Must be network issue in my area.
    3g+ is giving approx 15/3 on average.4g is roughly half of that.

Where are you? Others might be close and can draw some comparative data.

Where are you? Others might be close and can draw some comparative data.

I'm in clonakilty,cork..
    About one kilometre from the Vodafone mast which is located at the Garda station, high above the town.

I'm in clonakilty,cork..
    About one kilometre from the Vodafone mast which is located at the Garda station, high above the town.

Was in clonakilty GAA for a few hours Saturday, data was ok,not mind-blowing though

Was in clonakilty GAA for a few hours Saturday, data was ok,not mind-blowing though

At the moment 3g+ is giving 20 mbs download Vs 5mbs on 4g.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Have my sim card which is working today as soon as I put it into the phone. My Vodafone tells me I have €10.50 credit. Do I just need to top up by €20 to activate the data user plan or what do I do from here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭honda boi

Have my sim card which is working today as soon as I put it into the phone. My Vodafone tells me I have €10.50 credit. Do I just need to top up by €20 to activate the data user plan or what do I do from here?

Wait.
    You should get a free 20€ soon. And get the offer for a month.

• Advertisement

That's maddening

Not disputing this, but makes no sense. Ring tech support on the off chance there’s an issue they are aware of. The 4G should be far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Is this offer still available?

If so how do I go about getting it? (can I just go to a VF store and get a porting sim like Eir?)

jim salter wrote: »
    Is this offer still available?

If so how do I go about getting it? (can I just go to a VF store and get a porting sim like Eir?)

No have to ring sales, Belfast call centre,stores no good, numbers here a few pages back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Absolutely. Vodafone are heads above the competition in terms of coverage; always have been. If this plan was mainstream, they’d pull a shed load of new customers, no question.

Vodafone customer service seems to have gone the way of Eir in recent months though,outsourced to some foreign call centre staffed by imbeciles .
    Vodafone were always good to deal with but now its a very frustrating experience.

• Advertisement

Vodafone customer service seems to have gone the way of Eir in recent months though,outsourced to some foreign call centre staffed by imbeciles .
    Vodafone were always good to deal with but now its a very frustrating experience.

Spoke to a few , rephrase that tried to, between my strong Cork accent and the other guys Hindi English twas gas,find them 100 per cent better,more courteous,and dilligent than the clowns eir have

Up and running on this deal, so far so good. 15gb of data is great, and very easy to buy the add on for unlimited calls. Has anybody set up an auto top up for every 28 days yet through MyVodafone? Will sign up for Spotify add on next with the remaining €5 from the top up. Great find OP.

Up and running on this deal, so far so good. 15gb of data is great, and very easy to buy the add on for unlimited calls. Has anybody set up an auto top up for every 28 days yet through MyVodafone? Will sign up for Spotify add on next with the remaining €5 from the top up. Great find OP.

Better deal would be the student X 20 GB plus Spotify,or some version of sky sports, might try it next time out,got it for my teen son,he's delighted with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

I’m so glad to be back with Vodafone.

I purchased the €5.00 text add-on by accident when I meant to buy the €5.00 100 any network minutes add-on.

Totally my fault but I thought I’d chance my arm to call Vodafone to change what I did. No issue at all and they were really helpful.

Now that’s customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Can't see myself moving away from this offer any time soon. Getting Spotify premium for €5 credit is the winner for me.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Don't forget the Do it Later app on Android allows you to schedule a text for every 28 days.

bromley52 wrote: »
    Don't forget the Do it Later app on Android allows you to schedule a text for every 28 days.

Does the topup credit expire at exactly 28 days to the hour/minute since last top up was completed?

leex wrote: »
    Does the topup credit expire at exactly 28 days to the hour/minute since last top up was completed?

No, it expires at midnight at the end of day 28. The day you top up is day zero. So if you top up just after midnight, you effectively get the offer for 29 days.

Quackster wrote: »
    No, it expires at midnight at the end of day 28. The day you top up is day zero. So if you top up just after midnight, you effectively get the offer for 29 days.

OK - so for example, I topped up at 10am on 1st June, my credit will expire at 23:59:59 on 29th June?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you text BAL to 50233 it will tell you what the last date of the plan is, it'll be midnight on that date.

leex wrote: »
    OK - so for example, I topped up at 10am on 1st June, my credit will expire at 23:59:59 on 29th June?

Yep, that's exactly it.

I’m so glad to be back with Vodafone.

I purchased the €5.00 text add-on by accident when I meant to buy the €5.00 100 any network minutes add-on.

Totally my fault but I thought I’d chance my arm to call Vodafone to change what I did. No issue at all and they were really helpful.

Now that’s customer service.

They’ve no issue with stuff like tha and will amend immediately. And as for being happy to be back? How could you ever have left. Everything else is simply conference league by comparison :D

Anybody else have H+ data instead of 4G on this deal? I had a Vodafone bill tariff recently which had fantastic 4G - wondering if they are restricting the data for this cheaper package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Anybody else have H+ data instead of 4G on this deal? I had a Vodafone bill tariff recently which had fantastic 4G - wondering if they are restricting the data for this cheaper package.

Ring them and they will activate it for you.

I have 4 numbers ported to this plan now. 3 x Android phones and 1 x Iphone SE. I had to call Vodafone to get 4G enabled on 2 of the Androids. All was sorted within a few mins.

Only seeing 3G on the IPhone. Contacted Vodafone twice yesterday and they 1) referred me to a document for changing APN settings - one of the Mobile Data config options was not on our Iphone. Last night they sent me some config texts but the iphone reported errors doing anything with these. (Dont have iphone to hand now to confirm exact message).

Iphone in question was purchased new/unlocked from Argos UK in Dec 2017 and was running on Three network before port. Is there a requirement to update Carrier settings/config on the iphone?. I'm not over familiar with it - an Android head myself. Thanks!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement